onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

14 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

"Bring on a General Election because now the Labour Party will be slaughtered because they haven’t listened to their constituents but followed their own selfish agenda.A Conservative and Brexit Party coalition will wipe them off the face of the earth to finish behind the Lib Dem’s." is a bit of a give away. 

He is angry with Corbyns turnaround and rightly so. I think you may find there will be a lot of Labour supporters angry with this decision.

Advert

2 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

He is angry with Corbyns turnaround and rightly so. I think you may find there will be a lot of Labour supporters angry with this decision.

There will also be labour supporters who don't think it's enough.

2 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

He needs to do something to try and stop his supporters abandoning the party like rats from a sinking ship. Not sure this will help his party long term though. 

Brexit was a predominantly Tory middle class Southern vote, so you'd expect Labour to be on the remain side of things. But their position is only starting to become clear after 3 years, it may be too late.

29 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

each country in the eu have a say on how many they are willing to take, ie Germany said all were welcome, but the people didn't agree so the govt. is being challenged. Hungary have said we wont take any, Italy have refused any immigrants permission to land, also Malta, France since late 2017 have selected 458 refugees from Niger and Chad for resettlement, yet pledged to settle 3000 before oct 2019. Austria are against immigrants after seeing the increase in sex and crime in Germany. The un migration pact was ratified 165 countries were involved, 152 voted in favour, 5 voted against eu countries Hungary, Poland, Czech Rep, 12 Abstained including Austria, Bulgaria, Italy, Latavia, Slovakia. Belgium voted for it, but the PM resigned over the vote.

So immigration is still high on the eu's agenda, and still the leavers main objection to staying in the eu...

68 million refugees in the world, only a relative few come to Europe. It will get worse with climate change, the seas rise and flood living areas, food producing areas become deserts. As regards the UK, immigration will continue to fill jobs etc. mainly from outside the EU, cheaper to educate and train people elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, ginge said:

Brexit was a predominantly Tory middle class Southern vote, so you'd expect Labour to be on the remain side of things. But their position is only starting to become clear after 3 years, it may be too late.

Don’t know where you get that idea from? Look at the Geographics of which areas voted leave, take away Scotland, NI and London then most of England and Wales voted to leave. 2/3 of constituencies voted leave, a hell of a lot in northern England which has always been very much Labour strongholds. 

Corbyn doesn’t give a <ovf censored> about Brexit, he is only interested in winning an election. There is no way Labour will win a majority, are they possibly lining up a coalition with the Liberal party?

5 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Don’t know where you get that idea from? Look at the Geographics of which areas voted leave, take away Scotland, NI and London then most of England and Wales voted to leave. 2/3 of constituencies voted leave, a hell of a lot in northern England which has always been very much Labour strongholds. 

Corbyn doesn’t give a <ovf censored> about Brexit, he is only interested in winning an election. There is no way Labour will win a majority, are they possibly lining up a coalition with the Liberal party?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/715616/Brexit-EU-referendum-European-Union-middle-class-working-north-south-Dorling-BBC-Newsnight/amp

More people voted Leave in Hampshire (despite it having a lower electorate) than the combined voters of all of: Bolsover, Doncaster, Hull, Chesterfield, Salford, Stoke-on-Trent and Sunderland combined.

6 hours ago, ginge said:

A problem with immagration? Even though they were Syrian refugees who had no legal right to enter the UK therefore nothing to do with the Brexit debate.

The picture was very familiar to that used by 1930s Nazi propaganda.

They used people of colour who had no right to enter the UK, and so nothing to do with the immigration argument.

I'm still confused.

Did the poster say they were from Syria ?

Did the poster state they were asylum seekers?

Was it similar to a stock photo used to emphasise a problem?

Was it similar to the "Brittan isn't working" poster used in the 80s?

Are all immigrants legal?

Are they all white?

What the hell has a comparison to Nazi propaganda got to do with anything except to justify it's inciting race hate?

Does the police demanding ID remind you of Nazis?

Does a major political party apparently having problems with antisemitism remind you of Nazis? 

Was it obvious they were Syrian refugees or was it highlighted by the opposition to brexit?

1 hour ago, geosname said:

I'm still confused.

Did the poster say they were from Syria ?

Did the poster state they were asylum seekers?

Was it similar to a stock photo used to emphasise a problem?

Was it similar to the "Brittan isn't working" poster used in the 80s?

Are all immigrants legal?

Are they all white?

What the hell has a comparison to Nazi propaganda got to do with anything except to justify it's inciting race hate?

Does the police demanding ID remind you of Nazis?

Does a major political party apparently having problems with antisemitism remind you of Nazis? 

Was it obvious they were Syrian refugees or was it highlighted by the opposition to brexit?

Ah, so you endorse both it's message, and it's exponent then? Because you think it's suitably vague enough that people would question it?

Pure deflection, gaslighting, whataboutism; not serious questioning.

For someone who knows all the answers to these questions, I'm surprised that you seem so confused. I'm sure that you would realise that someone with well-established credentials of racism and anti-immigrant views using vastly oversimplified imagery to scaremonger people might be comparative, to say, a comparative situation?

38 minutes ago, The_godfather said:

Ah, so you endorse both it's message, and it's exponent then? Because you think it's suitably vague enough that people would question it?

Pure deflection, gaslighting, whataboutism; not serious questioning.

For someone who knows all the answers to these questions, I'm surprised that you seem so confused. I'm sure that you would realise that someone with well-established credentials of racism and anti-immigrant views using vastly oversimplified imagery to scaremonger people might be comparative, to say, a comparative situation?

I don't know any of the answers.... that's why I'm asking the questions.

I wasn't in the country when the referendum debate raged, saw very little coverage, except snippets, and didn't see the poster. 

Purely on his description I'm confused.

5 hours ago, geosname said:

I don't know any of the answers.... that's why I'm asking the questions.

I wasn't in the country when the referendum debate raged, saw very little coverage, except snippets, and didn't see the poster. 

Purely on his description I'm confused.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser&q=breaking+ppint+poster#imgrc=_WD4ov80bQaW8M:

10 hours ago, ginge said:

Southampton (Hampshire). Population 252k. Leave 63k Remain 45k

Stoke on Trent (Staffs). Population 255k Leave 81k Remain 36k

Welcome to Tory ,Middle  Class ,Stoke on Trent.

46 minutes ago, ginge said:

I see a long line of people of unidentified race..... with jingo slogans about taking control of UK boarders.

How does that incite racial hate?

Where does it state they are Syrian? Refugees? Immigrants?

It's a crap poster, scare mongering definitely........ but racist?

Without further information from another source would you know their race?

47 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

That last line is a doozy..... 3 phrases I never expected together... unless you insert "AVOID" between middle class and stoke on Trent.

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

Just waiting for the money to arrive from the South, could be a long wait.

Archived