onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

39 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Great news,Jezza has been forced to come off the fence by 'Red Len' and it's Remain and a 2nd referendum all the way.

Many thanks for another 5m northern voters.

I don't think Labour's position actually has changed today. That statement from Corbyn seems to spell out the position that Labour have held for quite a while. Obviously he's still getting it in the neck from the FBPEers for not going far enough and also from the MPs representing leave constituencies but que sera sera.

Advert

There needs to be found a way of trying to bring people back towards the centre.

If it wasn't for the ERG and their extreme views we would have left by now but they voted against their own government's deal and the rest is history.

Polarised politics is no good for anyone. It brings out the worst in people and creates further divisions.

I have found the last few years very depressing and offer the suggestion that we now live in a less tolerant, less respectful and more angry society - and that for me is not a cause for any celebration whatsoever.

1 minute ago, TheSage said:

There needs to be found a way of trying to bring people back towards the centre.

If it wasn't for the ERG and their extreme views we would have left by now but they voted against their own government's deal and the rest is history.

Polarised politics is no good for anyone. It brings out the worst in people and creates further divisions.

I have found the last few years very depressing and offer the suggestion that we now live in a less tolerant, less respectful and more angry society - and that for me is not a cause for any celebration whatsoever.

Coming back to the centre is a long way off, the economic gulf is too wide.

10 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Not on the scale of Trump, which PM was on the receiving end?  Why haven't we expelled the US Ambassador?

It is debatable who has insulted us the most but either way we have to deal with both the US and the EU as they do with us even after we insult them.

i reckon the Ambassador was spot on with his conclusion about Trump but it should not have got leaked, very unprofessional and someone’s head should role for the leak.

So Corbyn has now shown his true colours that he is a remainer who the Unions and Momentum have him by the goolies .Sod the 5 million Labour voters who voted to leave.Labour and the Remainers are actually proving to be the extremists who won’t accept a democratic vote to leave.

How the Remainers can say we must accept what they demand in Parliament when they don’t represent their constituents who voted to leave.

Bring on a General Election because now the Labour Party will be slaughtered because they haven’t listened to their constituents but followed their own selfish agenda.A Conservative and Brexit Party coalition will wipe them off the face of the earth to finish behind the Lib Dem’s.

We voted by 70% to leave in Stoke but our pathetic MP,s still vote against Brexit.

1 hour ago, Erniemossrules said:

So Corbyn has now shown his true colours that he is a remainer who the Unions and Momentum have him by the goolies .Sod the 5 million Labour voters who voted to leave.Labour and the Remainers are actually proving to be the extremists who won’t accept a democratic vote to leave.

How the Remainers can say we must accept what they demand in Parliament when they don’t represent their constituents who voted to leave.

Bring on a General Election because now the Labour Party will be slaughtered because they haven’t listened to their constituents but followed their own selfish agenda.A Conservative and Brexit Party coalition will wipe them off the face of the earth to finish behind the Lib Dem’s.

We voted by 70% to leave in Stoke but our pathetic MP,s still vote against Brexit.

This is full of contradictions 😂

7 hours ago, TheSage said:

I dont think there is a center ground anymore mate.

It seems to be either in power or in opposition..... two struggling tribes, constantly at war with each other dragging the people into conflict after conflict with one objective in mind...... be in power.

Archived