onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Well it wont though, as the majority of people want to leave...

Utter bilge. No they don't. Show me a single current poll that states that "majority of people want to leave", let alone a majority wanting or having ever wanted to leave without a deal.

As you know, that's over 3 years old. You stated "the majority of people want to leave". Wrong. The majority of people wanted to leave and most polling (yeah, I know, polls) states that now people have seen what's on offer, many have changed their minds.

Also, you stated that leaving with no deal would not be the most divisive option of them all due to the poll 3 years ago that didn't give that option. You know all this. You're sticking your heels in and going on about democracy when everything points to the fact things have changed. As I've stated before, I'm not an arch remianer and in a way would like a second referendum which Leave again won but I can't see how anyone who is so supposedly passionate about democracy can deny the fact that the majority may well not want to go ahead with this. If it was an easy thing to rejoin, I'd totally agree with you but it's not and whichever side of the debate you're on, leaving will lead to a fundamental change in all our (and our children's) futures. I think both of those factors trump the 'we won 3 years ago' argument. I believe the true reason leavers are soi against a new vote is because they suspect they'll lose.

Yeah the polls are garbage.

The only way brexit would lose in my opinion is if there are a significant number of brexiteers who are that disillusioned by the current betreyal that they don't vote.

The biggest catastrophe facing this country is a second referendum with remain winning. Quite clearly that would be the most divisive option, or do you simply expect brexit supports to accept that as a fair game and forget all about it in a way in which remainers have refused to do.

This is about democracy. We have been robbed. We deserve brexit.

Ultimately, even if we are betrayed, my honest belief is that in the not too distant future we will be out either way, as the EU  will fail, or that many people will wake up to what is going on that Parliament wont be able to betrey us any longer.

And as for this 3 years old stuff...you were giving me quotes from Donald Trump that are 40+ years old a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

Well I think you'll say the bus (which wasnt a lie) and I'm not sure what else? The Turkey thing? (Also not a lie)

The bus and immigration, the UK has being trying to reach lower targets for the latter for heaven knows how many years and has failed miserably. Many older people in particular were swayed by these two lies and they were and still are whopping lies.

1 minute ago, Paul6754 said:

The bus and immigration, the UK has being trying to reach lower targets for the latter for heaven knows how many years and has failed miserably. Many older people in particular were swayed by these two lies and they were and still are whopping lies.

Honestly, you're wasting your time trying to discuss anything with him. I know he'll come back wittering on about hypocrisy or whatever but I've never come across a more myopic and stubborn poster. He demands proof yet litters his posts with 'in my opinion' or 'I believe', there's no compromise or regard for what the other side believes, just endless drooooooooning on about democracy. Anything that supports his view is 'fact' and doesn't need questioning and anything supporting the other argument is dismissed with any number of excuses. I keep kicking myself for engaging but I strongly advise you just to sidestep him. As I've said before, he's not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change his and he's so dug in to his arguments, there's not even any interesting or thought provoking debate to be had.

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

How do you know?

And I agree. That's why we need to leave the EU. To save the country.

Leaving the EU wihout a deal would break up our country. It'll lead to independence referendums- and I thought you were anti referendums.

Archived