onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

Correction..... as with all elections if you don't vote you don't count, you just suffer the consequences of others choices.... therefore the none voters can be split equally between in and out which give a more than 50% result.

No. Don't make it up. Those who don't vote are usually regarded as being content with the status quo. If they felt strongly about change then they would have voted.

A Soft Deal might still go through because the hard right could well swallow their principles, back down and support May now, but we ought to have another vote because we are much better informed than we were three years ago and the rubbish spouted by Mogg, Farage and the rest has been plain to see. They never had a plan whatsoever and sold the voters down the river. No one gave a thought to Ireland or how long and hard it would be to sort out trade deals, or that it would turn us into the laughing stock of the world. Hells bells if anyone was seriously expecting the keystone cops Johnson, Grayling, May & Fox to sort out this for us then they should be sectioned. You had government ministers voting against their own policy yesterday!

No. Don't make it up. Those who don't vote are usually regarded as being content with the status quo. If they felt strongly about change then they would have voted.

A Soft Deal might still go through because the hard right could well swallow their principles, back down and support May now, but we ought to have another vote because we are much better informed than we were three years ago and the rubbish spouted by Mogg, Farage and the rest has been plain to see. They never had a plan whatsoever and sold the voters down the river. No one gave a thought to Ireland or how long and hard it would be to sort out trade deals, or that it would turn us into the laughing stock of the world. Hells bells if anyone was seriously expecting the keystone cops Johnson, Grayling, May & Fox to sort out this for us then they should be sectioned. You had government ministers voting against their own policy yesterday!

Yes,I'm sure the electorate would much prefer Jezza,Abbott and McDonnell running the show.Now that would be funny.😂

Yeh you're right Andy, No Deal isn't yet off the table and I'm just saying TM should never take it off 'cause if she does there's even less chance of her being able to negotiate what she wants with the EU. It isn't negotiation if you can't walk away.

The difference though is that the EU don't want a No Deal either - so both sides are agreed on that. It would benefit no-one so it is a red herring. Any responsible UK politician would rule it out because the consequences - especially for us - would be dire.

Negotiations have finished. We've had 3 years to sort this out but singularly failed to do so.

Staying in is clearly the best option. Anything else would be a huge risk.

Yes,I'm sure the electorate would much prefer Jezza,Abbott and McDonnell running the show.Now that would be funny.😂

Glad you don't disagree with my post.

What we should have had was cross party engagement and involvement from day one because it isn't a party issue but a countrywide one.

But from day one it's always been May's Deal or No Deal.

So your saying that you knew the cost of leaving and what leaving would entail the day you cast your vote, what a load of rubbish. No wonder you post that you're OK with MP's telling you lies.

Look up the definitions of a lie and a prediction, the former was made by the Johnson/Farage camp and the latter by the remain camp. Again, show evidence of a lie that was told by the remain group, but you've been asked before and all you can come up with are predictions/forecasts, ie something that might happen in the future, predictions/forecasts are not lies.

Interesting video about Boris's 350m to the NHS.

You call the current government "Cruel and oppressive", that's funny.

Stop with your lies Paul. I never said I was 'ok' with MPs lying. I said it happens often.

The remain side told us a million jobs would be lost due to the vote alone. We were told the vote alone would cause a recession.

We still voted to leave.

None of this happened.

The difference though is that the EU don't want a No Deal either - so both sides are agreed on that. It would benefit no-one so it is a red herring. Any responsible UK politician would rule it out because the consequences - especially for us - would be dire.

Negotiations have finished. We've had 3 years to sort this out but singularly failed to do so.

Staying in is clearly the best option. Anything else would be a huge risk.

Wrong.

Staying in is by far the worst option available and all this talk about things being taken off the table - the only one we know for sure is off the table is remaining.

No deal would be fantastic for this country in the long term.

If they felt strongly about keeping it the same they would have voted too.

You hit the nail firmly on the head...too many selfish remain MP's with fingers in all the pies...it pays them to advocate staying in...it doesn't pay ordinary workers and people who rely on wages. The manufacturing argument is strongly flawed this country is 80% service based it is up to big companies to compromise their prices around the tariffs...it is up to the money men to compromise frankly

Otherwise the rich dictatorship will continue and the country will continue to sink under massive immigration and depleted health services

Labour's Ruth Smeeth has lied to her Stoke on Trent North constituents...she said she would back the referendum result and now is slyly attempting to deny it...she should be voted out next election along with the other traitors without question

At least Smeeth was one of the 41 Labour MP's who rebelled last night against Cobyn's order to abstain from the 'Losers Vote'.She was one of the 17 Labour MP's who voted against a second referendum which was rejected by 334 votes to 83.

Correction. A large number of people did not vote. So it wasn't the will of more than half the population.

Just over 17m out of 66m voted to leave. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

Because the country is so divided there ought to have been a threshold of over 60-65% before such a momentous change occurs.

So a democracy is only a democracy when it suits?

I voted remain but the way those that voted to leave is more than shabby.

Interesting caveat that - long term.

The problem I have with that is that most commentators, economists and even rapid left wing groups like the CBI and Bank of England, plus the governments own civil servants, all seem to suggest that economically it would be disastrous.

Clearly if we do leave I hope you are right and they are all wrong but it's not a risk I'd want to take. Gambling with people's jobs, incomes and living standards isn't something I'd want to do. It's based on hope and a wing and a prayer, whereas I prefer to look back over the past 50 years of our EU membership that has given us prosperity and growth and access to the single market. All that is at risk because you hope that things might turn out ok in the long run. That's no way to run a national economy or the well being of 66 million people. There is no certainty in a No Deal Brexit being successful. It's a shot in the dark and that's what bothers me.

At least Smeeth was one of the 41 Labour MP's who rebelled last night against Cobyn's order to abstain from the 'Losers Vote'.She was one of the 17 Labour MP's who voted against a second referendum which was rejected by 334 votes to 83.

Maybe a 2nd referendum would be too decisive for leave and she didn't want to take a chance. She doesn't want a no deal brexit which means also she does not want a potential free trade deal and that we continue to endure EU rules

Maybe she wants a general election instead?

Archived