onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Meanwhile the EU's highest court has just ruled that the expenses of MEP's can be kept secret after a bid by campaigners and journalists to bring transparency to the gravy train.

Keep picking up your expenses of €4,416 a month of our taxes folks,no problem.

You couldn't make it up.

What are those expenses for and how would they compare to UK MP's expenses? Ever considered check and balance when forming an opinion? As always, two wrongs don't make a right so what's your thoughts on Jacob Rees-Mogg claiming £7m from the UK taxpayer for renovation works on his family pile? I'm not justifying EU expenses and I think publically funded expenses should be transparent but these are issues that could be levelled at virtually every government organisation in the world and certainly in the UK. Even after the post-scandal changes what our MP's are allowed to claim is questionable.

This is not a good enough reason to leave the EU it's something member states' governments should tackle but they haven't, including ours. I wonder why? Maybe you should ask Nigel Farage and the other anti-EU MEP's who milked the expenses without objection for years.

Advert

Self interest rules ko,sorry pissmonuciation,, at least some of us are making a good living out of the eu,I read that corbyn and the perpetual asslicker starmer are seeing if barnier can get them tickets for the gravy train while it's still running the arch commie perpetual asslicker and the Vichy quisling all in the same building ugh pass the sick bucket.
As usual thank you for your constructive comments and amusing take on the Gammon world view.

Meanwhile the EU's highest court has just ruled that the expenses of MEP's can be kept secret after a bid by campaigners and journalists to bring transparency to the gravy train.

Keep picking up your expenses of €4,416 a month of our taxes folks,no problem.

You couldn't make it up.

No doubt your beloved UKIP and Farage supported that. In fact loads of UKIP misspent including that massive whopper Paul Nuttall. As few are even having to pay back money they've been given from the undemocratic EU for breaching rules (evil EU giving expenses fairly across MEP's - the scum!). Your moaning about something people you support are rife in doing themselves so it's a completely hypocritical point. Couldn't make it up!

We know how much they get, just not what they spend it on. Considering receipts are needed with expenses - I really don't think they're blowing it all on cocaine and a night around Burslem are they. Around €40m in expenses over 751 MEP's. The European Union's GDP was estimated to be $19.7 trillion (nominal) in 2018, representing ~22% of global economy (nominal global GDP). So, those expenses are futile really. MPs in the UK have been allowed 3m extra in expenses this year too. FROM OUR TAXES. It's what happens.

I'll give you some acknowledgment for effort but your picking up on some very insignificant things if you want to highlight the problems in the EU.

I've never purchased a TV licence.

I'm sure the young have enjoyed the benefit of the education system and NHS paid for by their elders, just like I did.

No licence? You'll have the van round!

I can only assume you never had a tv when you lived in the UK, either that or you were a chancer robbing the taxpayer!

If you read the post I was responding to and a few before it you'll see I was giving a facetious response to a small minded comment.

No doubt your beloved UKIP and Farage supported that. In fact loads of UKIP misspent including that massive whopper Paul Nuttall. As few are even having to pay back money they've been given from the undemocratic EU for breaching rules (evil EU giving expenses fairly across MEP's - the scum!). Your moaning about something people you support are rife in doing themselves so it's a completely hypocritical point. Couldn't make it up!

We know how much they get, just not what they spend it on. Considering receipts are needed with expenses - I really don't think they're blowing it all on cocaine and a night around Burslem are they. Around €40m in expenses over 751 MEP's. The European Union's GDP was estimated to be $19.7 trillion (nominal) in 2018, representing ~22% of global economy (nominal global GDP). So, those expenses are futile really. MPs in the UK have been allowed 3m extra in expenses this year too. FROM OUR TAXES. It's what happens.

I'll give you some acknowledgment for effort but your picking up on some very insignificant things if you want to highlight the problems in the EU.

You are getting confused with someone else,I've never voted UKIP in my life.Blue is my colour but Farage deserves a lot of credit for getting us the referendum in the first place.

The insignificant things you mention say a lot about the EU and why they and it's followers want it kept quiet.:thumbs:

yes I have a pack of gammon steaks and half a dozen oatcakes which I shall devour with great rapidity shortly washed down with a large coffee or two.

Apparently,you are either a gammon or a snowflake these days.The snowflakes tend to lose more than they win and then blame the gammons for being elderly.

Pretty sad really.

Keep wrapped up.:freezing:

No licence? You'll have the van round!

I can only assume you never had a tv when you lived in the UK, either that or you were a chancer robbing the taxpayer!

If you read the post I was responding to and a few before it you'll see I was giving a facetious response to a small minded comment.

Or.......... someone I lived with had one.

Small minded comments should be ignored.. as you know.

Apparently,you are either a gammon or a snowflake these days.The snowflakes tend to lose more than they win and then blame the gammons for being elderly.

Pretty sad really.

Keep wrapped up.:freezing:

Being a Gammon is not the preserve of the elderly! I know of at least four octogenarians and three nonagenarians who are pro-EU snowflakes, as you'd describe them. I can also think of quite a few Gammons who are sub-60.

Archived