onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

BJ and DD have obviously come to the conclusion that TM's Brexit deal is not what they or majority of voters wanted.

Good on them for realising that she is not up to the job.

Get Jacob in,at least he's on the side of the Brexiteers.

If they thought she wasn't up for the Brexit job why didn't they call a spill and challenge her for PM? :unsure:

Advert

I doubt any of the political parties want to handle brexit... it's a wilderness job no matter how it goes down.

The people voted out... there were no terms and conditions... just out.

It's political suicide no matter how it goes or who takes over to do it.

I doubt any of the political parties want to handle brexit... it's a wilderness job no matter how it goes down.

Which is why the other parties are keeping their distance. The tories created this problem, let them fall on their sword as the voters who got us in this mess get angry that their pipe dream doesn’t come into fruition, and those that didn’t want it punish them for the grossest act of national self harm possible.

Imagine thinking, in a globalised world, that it is feasible to retain 'all control of our own laws and borders' without a disruption to trade and the economy.

Its absolutely hilarious to see Brexiteers slowly come to the realisation that they've ballsed it.

Cheers lads. I've made my peace with Brexit, and its lovely to see you all realise that Brexit was a poor, flawed idea to begin with.

Taken well out of context and I think you know it.

We want access to the single market but not if it means free movement of people. That should have been our negotiation starting point.

When are you going to wake up and realise that, with the specific circumstances in Ireland, that simply isn't going to happen?

Brexit was a bad idea and the shambles we are seeing now is the culmination of it.

Ah! The need to get as far away as possible from the poisoned chalice.

The EU, like any organisation, changes over time. The UK has changed constantly through time.

The fantasy is to think we'll be better off outside the EU and certainly the single market. The world is not going to go backwards to independent, individual societies doing their own thing in isolation, not unless there's a rise in states like North Korea and even they're trying to come in from the cold. We live in a global economy, like it or not, and we isolate ourselves from that at our peril. You may wish it, I don't, I consider it small minded foolishness of the highest order, a position you obviously have the inverse view of.

We're the 6th biggest economy in the world and the Germans especially would be gutted if they lost our market. Look at the ads on TV for German goods, Mercedes, VW, (incl Seat, Skoda etc), Adidas, Miele, even those Harrys razor blades and Alpecin shampoo, not forgetting Lidl, Aldi and plenty more. The French also are bombarding our TV screens with ads for Citreon, Peugeot etc. What if instead we started inporting more cars from India, China the USA and goods from Brazil, Australia and Russia and of course we exported likewise to them in return. Do you not think the Germans and French haven't already thought about this and are playing a very dangerous game? Call their bluff Mrs May,because that's what it is, bluff.

The EU, like any organisation, changes over time. The UK has changed constantly through time.

The fantasy is to think we'll be better off outside the EU and certainly the single market. The world is not going to go backwards to independent, individual societies doing their own thing in isolation, not unless there's a rise in states like North Korea and even they're trying to come in from the cold. We live in a global economy, like it or not, and we isolate ourselves from that at our peril. You may wish it, I don't, I consider it small minded foolishness of the highest order, a position you obviously have the inverse view of.

We voted to join a global economy.

That would be cakeism.

Signing up to a common rulebook for goods, especially FMCG, makes sense if you're exporting into the EU. It prevents checks and delays at ports while food can be stood there going off. The downside to that from the Brexiters' point of view is that it means signing up to a set of rules, food standards and that, which could prevent other trade deals with countries such as the USA who would want us to import non-compliant goods such as chlorinated chicken.

So that's the circle that May is trying to square. A trade deal with the EU will involve some sort of continued regulatory alignment or else we will have to be treated as a third country in many respects.

Exactly!!!

Archived