onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

I still can't quite put my finger on what it is that people dislike about Sadiq Khan. The amount of ad hom attacks he gets in the press, it's almost as though there's a subtext to them all, a dog whistle maybe, but exactly what I'm not quite sure.

I still can't quite put my finger on what it is that people dislike about Sadiq Khan. The amount of ad hom attacks he gets in the press, it's almost as though there's a subtext to them all, a dog whistle maybe, but exactly what I'm not quite sure.
I've wondered the same thing myself. It's not like he's Mr Radical or Mr Controversial, even if the balloon flying stuff is daft on both sides.

David Davis has resigned. The infighting Tories are doing a wonderful job of making a pig's ear of a pig's ear!

I wonder if the Maybot will appoint a replacement who will take a pen and some paper to meetings? Who will conduct our EU negotiations now? Bumbling Boris? Liam 'F Off' Fox? Jacob Rees-Mogg's nanny?

David Davis has resigned. The infighting Tories are doing a wonderful job of making a pig's ear of a pig's ear!

I wonder if the Maybot will appoint a replacement who will take a pen and some paper to meetings? Who will conduct our EU negotiations now? Bumbling Boris? Liam 'F Off' Fox? Jacob Rees-Mogg's nanny?

Get Starmer involved.He has just finished his anti-Corbyn course.Jest you may Sourcey but it would take 20 years for Labour to get it sorted.

Get Starmer involved.He has just finished his anti-Corbyn course.Jest you may Sourcey but it would take 20 years for Labour to get it sorted.
I don't think anyone could get it sorted, as I said it's a pig's ear. I think the only options are don't leave, do something similar to the Norway model or withdraw completely to have a relationship with the EU like Russia or Brazil. However, none of these options are really open because the first two are seen as political suicide and option three actually is economic suicide.

If, and I say if, we really are to leave the process to do so without crippling ourselves will take a very long time, it's not a simplistic action to unravel decades of trade and legal agreements and rebuild new ones.

However, the most worrying thing is given the situation we're in the levels of infighting and incompetence in the current government are mind boggling. Do these people realise the gravity of the situation? We could end up out of the EU in March next year with no agreements and nothing in place to operate such a situation, no customs staff, no border control, no trade negotiations teams, nothing.

This whole situation has been brought about by a party who have, and always have had, a significant number of members who are class ridden, bigoted, restrictive thinkers with a superiority complex and which few, if any, party leaders have been able to control. This is why they aren't even a good capitalist party, essentially they still represent the landed classes and their values in which industry is viewed as somehow slightly vulgar.

I'm very much a remainer but even if I were a leave supporter I'd be very worried at the mess we're in and the looming potential disaster.

I don't think anyone could get it sorted, as I said it's a pig's ear. I think the only options are don't leave, do something similar to the Norway model or withdraw completely to have a relationship with the EU like Russia or Brazil. However, none of these options are really open because the first two are seen as political suicide and option three actually is economic suicide.

If, and I say if, we really are to leave the process to do so without crippling ourselves will take a very long time, it's not a simplistic action to unravel decades of trade and legal agreements and rebuild new ones.

However, the most worrying thing is given the situation we're in the levels of infighting and incompetence in the current government are mind boggling. Do these people realise the gravity of the situation? We could end up out of the EU in March next year with no agreements and nothing in place to operate such a situation, no customs staff, no border control, no trade negotiations teams, nothing.

This whole situation has been brought about by a party who have, and always have had, a significant number of members who are class ridden, bigoted, restrictive thinkers with a superiority complex and which few, if any, party leaders have been able to control. This is why they aren't even a good capitalist party, essentially they still represent the landed classes and their values in which industry is viewed as somehow slightly vulgar.

I'm very much a remainer but even if I were a leave supporter I'd be very worried at the mess we're in and the looming potential disaster.

I voted remain Sourcey,I’ve changed my mind.The problems as they stand are Brexiters want too much,Remainers can’t keep their beaks out.People who think May is a soft touch have had a wake up call.Johnson should have been hung long ago.Labour can’t agree on anything.The chances of another referendum in this country,on anything,are very slim.BTW the EU have behaved disgracefully towards us.The main reason I changed my mind.

So the Mail thinks the balloon should not be flown. Fine, give a reason why they think that protest of this nature should not be allowed. But do so with logical argument, not personal abuse of the London Mayor.

I'm surprised you haven't read it as the quote I put above was a banner headline on the front page. You say you have voted for your MP - that's exactly the point that the judges were making - it should be the MPs who make the decision on triggering Article 50, not a government using royal prerogative. I'm delighted you agree with their judgment and not the abuse directed towards them by the Mail.

I haven't read it because it isn't there! The banner headline in Saturdays DM says 'Soft Brexit Threat To May',

So the Mail thinks the balloon should not be flown. Fine, give a reason why they think that protest of this nature should not be allowed. But do so with logical argument, not personal abuse of the London Mayor.

If you had read my post about the balloon you would have seen my reasons. Please don't keep asking the same questions when the answer is already there. As for personal abuse of the London Mayor - there is none.

That's incumbent on the British government. Maybe they will be able to start proper negotiations once they stop negotiating with each other.

They haven't put anything of substance on the table yet that satisfies their own self imposed red lines. They haven't come up with a serious solution to the new land border with the EU customs area that will be created.

That's incumbent on the British government. Maybe they will be able to start proper negotiations once they stop negotiating with each other.

They haven't put anything of substance on the table yet that satisfies their own self imposed red lines. They haven't come up with a serious solution to the new land border with the EU customs area that will be created.

I’m surprised how well informed about what negotiations are currently going on,by OVFers.I thought that only applied to all things Port Vale.The EU need to stop playing smartarses and play ball.They will lose more than us.

I’m surprised how well informed about what negotiations are currently going on,by OVFers.I thought that only applied to all things Port Vale.The EU need to stop playing smartarses and play ball.They will lose more than us.
What are they likely to lose?

Archived