onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

See your post 679 - 'there will be low skilled relatively low paid labour roles. low tax contributions.' 'foreign firms take advantage.'

Sounds like you said it to me mate

Thevalefan made a superb post and you picked on the least important bit and 2 lines. Shows you know you're wrong but are too stubborn for some reason to admit it. Illuminating.

Advert

See your post 679 - 'there will be low skilled relatively low paid labour roles. low tax contributions.' 'foreign firms take advantage.'

Sounds like you said it to me mate

Haha, What a great reply!

If that's how you've translated what I've said then I think you need to go and have a lie down.

Jaguar Land Rover cutting 1,000 jobs as a consequence of Brexit. Ironically I was speaking to them at their site near Liverpool last year and the guys there were sure Brexit wouldn't affect their business at all. Looks like their strategists think different!

Guest TommyMac
Jaguar Land Rover cutting 1,000 jobs as a consequence of Brexit. Ironically I was speaking to them at their site near Liverpool last year and the guys there were sure Brexit wouldn't affect their business at all. Looks like their strategists think different!

Not renewing the contracts of 1000 temporary workers whilst launching a recruitment drive for 5000 engineers. Please give the full story not just remain propaganda.

Not renewing the contracts of 1000 temporary workers whilst launching a recruitment drive for 5000 engineers. Please give the full story not just remain propaganda.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/apr/13/jaguar-land-rover-to-announce-1000-job-cuts-next-week

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/jaguar-land-rover-live-updates-14527651

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-5613177/Jaguar-Land-Rover-cut-production-staff-Solihull.html

Nothing about 5000 engineers in any of these articles, including one from the Daily Brexit

Guest TommyMac

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43756202

....and that from the leading propaganda machine for remain.

Not sure why you would think I'd make it up, I'm not a remainer after all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43756202

....and that from the leading propaganda machine for remain.

Not sure why you would think I'd make it up, I'm not a remainer after all.

I wasn't assuming you did make it up its just the other articles on the 5000 jobs are from last April and nothing more has been mentioned since.

JLR has blamed Brexit for this stating "It's hard to say how long this production uncertainty will continue around Brexit negotiations, because it's still unclear what the trading relationship will be between the UK and EU with regards to tariffs."

Obviously as a Brexiteer you will dismiss this but there you go.

I particularly like your dig about remainers making things up so I assume you are so entrenched you missed all of the Brexit lies at the time. Its not tribal mate, its not the footy you can be objective if you have it in you

Guest TommyMac

JLR has blamed Brexit for this stating "It's hard to say how long this production uncertainty will continue around Brexit negotiations, because it's still unclear what the trading relationship will be between the UK and EU with regards to tariffs."

See, there it is again. Just quoting the propaganda and conveniently leaving out the bit where anti diesel sentiment is also being blamed.

As for Brexit lies, both sides were equally as guilty for misleading the electorate. If you can't admit this, perhaps you should try to be objective.

See, there it is again. Just quoting the propaganda and conveniently leaving out the bit where anti diesel sentiment is also being blamed.

As for Brexit lies, both sides were equally as guilty for misleading the electorate. If you can't admit this, perhaps you should try to be objective.

Which bit was propaganda? The direct quote where JLR blame Brexit? Do you know what propaganda means? :laugh:

Guest TommyMac
Which bit was propaganda? The direct quote where JLR blame Brexit? Do you know what propaganda means? :laugh:

It's propaganda when you are deliberately quoting ONLY the element of the article that supports your argument.

I'm sure you once said you had a degree, I'm guessing it's not in an academic subject because you 'debate' like a twelve year old. :laugh: :clap: :thumbs:

It's propaganda when you are deliberately quoting ONLY the element of the article that supports your argument.

I'm sure you once said you had a degree, I'm guessing it's not in an academic subject because you 'debate' like a twelve year old. :laugh: :clap: :thumbs:

We are talking about the future of our country but you dismiss anything that is negative about Brexit because it doesn't fit in with your entrenched view. Debate is a bit of a stretch wouldn't you say? Its more like you dismissing article after article that disagrees with your utopian idea of Brexit as you are too stubborn to change your mind even in a mountain of evidence that shows you are/were wrong.

The links to the article are posted, its telling that you choose to ignore the narrative of the article and instead focus on what I left out. Any comments on the actual article and effects of Brexit? I wont hold my breath!

Archived