onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

I was glad to read the French are investing nearly £2 hundred million in the old bedford plant at luton. The new Vivaro van will be built there creating hundreds of fresh jobs.

Viva la france, having spotted they will soon be able to export vans to the whole world without eu tariffs

Just not true mate. This is not the big picture and I don't see how you can be so proud of us getting exploited through the vote. These will be low skilled, relatively low paid labour roles. Low tax contributions.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-economy-sterling-currency-investment-cost-impact-business-financial-banks-insurance-retail-a7695486.html

Look at the impact of skilled jobs because of Brexit - a lot of the skilled workers particularly in the captial are foriegn, high earners and high tax payers - which loosing would quite literally will be a disaster compared to a 100 or so new jobs made by France in Luton, amidst their massive amounts of automation. 10,000 jobs all earning probably 50k+ or 100+ jobs earning 18/22k. Know what I'd rather have.

If the French operate their business within the EU (their headquarters are based there) then how will they instantly be able to sell anywhere in the world? Please explain that one. It's easy to check where these companies sell their vehicles, and they already sell them all over the world. So on that note, please tell me where they cannot currently sell their cars?

Norway etc are not part of the EU, UK firms don't manufacture there and distribute across the planet do they - doesn't work like that. But I suppose you're right, there are millions of Indonesians or Brazilians or even Indians lining up to buy all our products and services aren't there. Not.

If you look closely most foriegn firms in the UK implement massive amounts of technology and streamline their workforce to keep it cheaper. Car production is and will become completely autonomised within the next 10/15 years. Audi in Germany can manufacture a car in less than 24 hours and is touched by a human only a handful of tines during its process.

If your long term prospects for the UK is to increase manufacturing capacities and not care about the highly skilled qualified employees who are preparing to leave then we'll end up even worse off than we are right now.

As for foriegn investment into the UK by firms as such mentioned by you Jimbo... Why does it surprise you that in a country where there is very very little British owned firms anymore that foriegn companies take advantage and fill that gap by investing?

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2017/06/02/brexit-has-already-started-to-make-uk-citizens-poorer/

Worth a read. Does make you a bit angry though, especially when you can see what's coming.

Project Fear didn't work first time round so it's hardly going to have very much impact now.

We need to get on with it,get the best deal we can and try and persuade the Remainers to stop whingeing.

Just not true mate. This is not the big picture and I don't see how you can be so proud of us getting exploited through the vote. These will be low skilled, relatively low paid labour roles. Low tax contributions.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-economy-sterling-currency-investment-cost-impact-business-financial-banks-insurance-retail-a7695486.html

Look at the impact of skilled jobs because of Brexit - a lot of the skilled workers particularly in the captial are foriegn, high earners and high tax payers - which loosing would quite literally will be a disaster compared to a 100 or so new jobs made by France in Luton, amidst their massive amounts of automation. 10,000 jobs all earning probably 50k+ or 100+ jobs earning 18/22k. Know what I'd rather have.

If the French operate their business within the EU (their headquarters are based there) then how will they instantly be able to sell anywhere in the world? Please explain that one. It's easy to check where these companies sell their vehicles, and they already sell them all over the world. So on that note, please tell me where they cannot currently sell their cars?

Norway etc are not part of the EU, UK firms don't manufacture there and distribute across the planet do they - doesn't work like that. But I suppose you're right, there are millions of Indonesians or Brazilians or even Indians lining up to buy all our products and services aren't there. Not.

If you look closely most foriegn firms in the UK implement massive amounts of technology and streamline their workforce to keep it cheaper. Car production is and will become completely autonomised within the next 10/15 years. Audi in Germany can manufacture a car in less than 24 hours and is touched by a human only a handful of tines during its process.

If your long term prospects for the UK is to increase manufacturing capacities and not care about the highly skilled qualified employees who are preparing to leave then we'll end up even worse off than we are right now.

As for foriegn investment into the UK by firms as such mentioned by you Jimbo... Why does it surprise you that in a country where there is very very little British owned firms anymore that foriegn companies take advantage and fill that gap by investing?

What is wrong with foreign firms investing? I thought the main arguement of remainers was that foreign firms would not invest any longer after Brexit?

As for your other posts - 450 new jobs will be created at the luton plant plus more in the supply industry, not just 100.

As for highly skilled jobs being lost, maybe some will be lost but many others will be created, eg MSD Life Science creating 950 highly skilled jobs together with QIAGEN in Manchester with 800 highly skilled jobs.

Accept it mate, you lost, it's going to happen for better or worst and get on with your life.

[/i][/u]

What is wrong with foreign firms investing? I thought the main arguement of remainers was that foreign firms would not invest any longer after Brexit?

As for your other posts - 450 new jobs will be created at the luton plant plus more in the supply industry, not just 100.

As for highly skilled jobs being lost, maybe some will be lost but many others will be created, eg MSD Life Science creating 950 highly skilled jobs together with QIAGEN in Manchester with 800 highly skilled jobs.

Accept it mate, you lost, it's going to happen for better or worst and get on with your life.

Hardly taking back control? Profits taken out of the UK, Taxes paid elsewhere, trains, gas and electric run by foreign state firms with profits used to subsidise foreign customers.

[/i][/u]

If it is for better or worse and I believe it will be worse why should I just accept it?

Project Fear didn't work first time round so it's hardly going to have very much impact now.

We need to get on with it,get the best deal we can and try and persuade the Remainers to stop whingeing.

Its not a fear project, it's economic laws in action.

There are none so blind, as those who will not see!

[/i][/u]

Nothing and I never said there was anything wrong with it. Unless you've assumed I said it. Id rather British firms within that gap especially when we go it alone or whatever benefits foriegn investors recieve will be paid into the EU pot of cash if they base their HQ'S in the EU, which they will. Just basically means any advantages and benefits of leaving the EU are indirectly shared with EU states. So hardly good is it.

You've listed about 1000 jobs against the exodus of 10k on the first day of new trading rules etc. Not to mention the businesses who will move HQ.

You can argue all you like, even UKIP and Tory Pro-brexit politicians accept their own impact studies that it is going to have no real benefits to leaving. You yourself have not given one substantial benefit of leaving the EU yet, a life changing benefit for us all, you've literally spout the stereotypical narratives of almost every brexit voter and for some wierd reason have a overwhelming sense of pride you've gained a personal victory when there is absolutely no evidence to suggest leaving will give us any benefits whatsoever... So how you can claim a victory when you can't explain the results to me is the behaviour or logic of a Stoke fan to me mate. I accept the vote, doesn't mean I have to agree with it does it? I'm a person who won't stay in the UK, like many others. I'm just out to take as much as I can from this country and go to live and enjoy my hard earned cash somewhere with a better climate and culture (as ours is gone). There will be 10's of 1000's of under 30's thinking the same way and doing the same thing too.

More constructive to winge about the decision like we have been here, than winge about people having a different opinion to you aswell don't you think? Especially considering its a public forum specifically focused on Brexit. Haha.

Nothing and I never said there was anything wrong with it. Unless you've assumed I said it. Id rather British firms within that gap especially when we go it alone or whatever benefits foriegn investors recieve will be paid into the EU pot of cash if they base their HQ'S in the EU, which they will. Just basically means any advantages and benefits of leaving the EU are indirectly shared with EU states. So hardly good is it.

You've listed about 1000 jobs against the exodus of 10k on the first day of new trading rules etc. Not to mention the businesses who will move HQ.

You can argue all you like, even UKIP and Tory Pro-brexit politicians accept their own impact studies that it is going to have no real benefits to leaving. You yourself have not given one substantial benefit of leaving the EU yet, a life changing benefit for us all, you've literally spout the stereotypical narratives of almost every brexit voter and for some wierd reason have a overwhelming sense of pride you've gained a personal victory when there is absolutely no evidence to suggest leaving will give us any benefits whatsoever... So how you can claim a victory when you can't explain the results to me is the behaviour or logic of a Stoke fan to me mate. I accept the vote, doesn't mean I have to agree with it does it? I'm a person who won't stay in the UK, like many others. I'm just out to take as much as I can from this country and go to live and enjoy my hard earned cash somewhere with a better climate and culture (as ours is gone). There will be 10's of 1000's of under 30's thinking the same way and doing the same thing too.

More constructive to winge about the decision like we have been here, than winge about people having a different opinion to you aswell don't you think? Especially considering its a public forum specifically focused on Brexit. Haha.

See your post 679 - 'there will be low skilled relatively low paid labour roles. low tax contributions.' 'foreign firms take advantage.'

Sounds like you said it to me mate

Archived