onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

Again, show me one post where I call anyone racist, you can't because you are full of s**t. If I implied what I believe is racism and then you or others feel offended by that then that says it all, come back when you can show me one post that you are accusing me of, you are full of it.

Ok lets start with this one:

English speaking immigrants are probably going to believe they have a better chance of employment if they can speak the language. If you were forced to flee your home due to war or any other reason would you make a new home with your family in a country where you don't speak the language? Surprisingly immigrants who speak German have been heading to Germany and those who speak French end up in France. Mad innit! And its not MOST as you say is it, that is just your perception due to being quite insular. The stats will tell you we have taken a lot A LOT less in than Germany for example.

You are showing your true colours with these sorts of posts...

What are the 'true colours' and what are 'these sorts' of posts?

For calling people idiotic how about the post where you said voting for brexit to stop non-eu immigration is as stupid as it gets.

How about the post I'm replying too where you try to say that if me and others are offended then that says it all.

You have tried to be very vague and clever to hide it, but why don't you spell out what you mean or stop with the silly games. It's been done to death already.

I too would love an explanation of that. Funnily enough I went to see the Magna Carta when we played Lincoln in November.

A great and significant document but hardly a Bill of Rights for the ordinary person and certainly not a replacement for the laws upheld by the European Court of Justice.

This is not my post, but wtf, I learned this at school many yrs ago and admit I can't remember it very well, so I googled it and this is what came up-

it was one of the first steps to establishing parliamentary democracy, which then interpreted the documents message a right to a fair trial for all subjects, and in 1948 its basic principles are seen clearly in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights,

And for a bonus point it strongly influenced the American Bill of Rights...

I voted remain and my biggest concern for Britain is immigration. it's the party in power rather than our partner in power that needs changing if you want immigration curbing or controlling. Tories have bought in more non EU immigration than any other party, after Teresa May as home sec in 2010 said they would get it into control.

We have the power to send back anyone we want, and by 'want' I mean people who don't contribute after 3 months of being here. The Govt just doesn't do anything. So who should you blame?

Had the Syrian war (something we had a hand in) not happened and MILLIONS of people being displaced who would naturally want to come to developed Western countries (such as Europe as a result of imperialism - which we particularly are suffering from) for a better life....then I believe Brexit would never have happened, the driving force has been the changing face of Europe since the mass immigration of predominantly Muslims from the east. It's currently ripping political status quo's apart across the EU, same has happened in the US with Trump getting into power. Get rid of that issue, or forget what Merkel did - and there wasnt much grounds for conflict within the union.

The fact is, you all say we were controlled by the EU - it's just the biggest load of rubbish ever. You say that in one breathe, then applaud Hungary or Poland in the other for refusing demands of the EU. Proving that you do NOT HAVE to do what they tell you. The sad thing is Poland and Hungary contribute collectively nothing and recieve a lot back - meaning they have no leg to stand on. They won't leave a union that gives them so much money because it will cripple their economies. Both are countries that have developed tenfold within recent times and being members of the EU. If we had taken a simular stance, acquired support and used our financial significance as a use of threat to the EU on controversial policies or decisions - then there is a very strong possibility a reform would of happened. Britain helped make all the laws and legislation within the EU as a member, people we had elected into positions to represent us in Europe - so it's not forced like a totalitarian dictatorship as some people on here think. That's for the birds.

Ok lets start with this one:

What are the 'true colours' and what are 'these sorts' of posts?

For calling people idiotic how about the post where you said voting for brexit to stop non-eu immigration is as stupid as it gets.

How about the post I'm replying too where you try to say that if me and others are offended then that says it all.

You have tried to be very vague and clever to hide it, but why don't you spell out what you mean or stop with the silly games. It's been done to death already.

Let's hope that when we get our blue passports it will help to restrict any Tom,**** or Harry coming here?

I voted remain and my biggest concern for Britain is immigration. it's the party in power rather than our partner in power that needs changing if you want immigration curbing or controlling. Tories have bought in more non EU immigration than any other party, after Teresa May as home sec in 2010 said they would get it into control.

We have the power to send back anyone we want, and by 'want' I mean people who don't contribute after 3 months of being here. The Govt just doesn't do anything. So who should you blame?

Had the Syrian war (something we had a hand in) not happened and MILLIONS of people being displaced who would naturally want to come to developed Western countries (such as Europe as a result of imperialism - which we particularly are suffering from) for a better life....then I believe Brexit would never have happened, the driving force has been the changing face of Europe since the mass immigration of predominantly Muslims from the east. It's currently ripping political status quo's apart across the EU, same has happened in the US with Trump getting into power. Get rid of that issue, or forget what Merkel did - and there wasnt much grounds for conflict within the union.

The fact is, you all say we were controlled by the EU - it's just the biggest load of rubbish ever. You say that in one breathe, then applaud Hungary or Poland in the other for refusing demands of the EU. Proving that you do NOT HAVE to do what they tell you. The sad thing is Poland and Hungary contribute collectively nothing and recieve a lot back - meaning they have no leg to stand on. They won't leave a union that gives them so much money because it will cripple their economies. Both are countries that have developed tenfold within recent times and being members of the EU. If we had taken a simular stance, acquired support and used our financial significance as a use of threat to the EU on controversial policies or decisions - then there is a very strong possibility a reform would of happened. Britain helped make all the laws and legislation within the EU as a member, people we had elected into positions to represent us in Europe - so it's not forced like a totalitarian dictatorship as some people on here think. That's for the birds.

I said in a earlier post if Cameron could have got a crumb any crumb we would never have had a vote... but brussels would not budge.

http://www.magnacartaplus.org/magnacarta/

An interesting read.

As I said, a great and significant document but one written for a society operating under the values and culture of 800 years ago and as such a little outdated! However, it established some form of rights which was a massive step forward.

some rights? and a little outdated? it gave a bases for what we have today...and which most countries in the civilised and free world practise. Another tick for imperialism...

some rights? and a little outdated? it gave a bases for what we have today...and which most countries in the civilised and free world practise. Another tick for imperialism...

Exactly, a basis for what we have today - a first step. The original comment I responded to said that human rights laws should be discarded and 'Magna Carta will do for me', well, I don't know about some people but personally I don't want to be treated as a Villain or worse which are the classes of people the vast majority of us are descended from.

As for imperialism, I take it that's a tongue in cheek comment unless, of course, you are a member of the aristocracy!

I too would love an explanation of that. Funnily enough I went to see the Magna Carta when we played Lincoln in November.

A great and significant document but hardly a Bill of Rights for the ordinary person and certainly not a replacement for the laws upheld by the European Court of Justice.

it guarantees the rights of you and me the right to justice, the banning of false imprisonment and a free trial etc etc.

its basic principals were written into the American Bill of Rights as well as in the Declaration of Human Rights after WW2, such was its importance.

Unlike you I do call it a bill of rights for the ordinary person, as did those after WW2 who drew up the Declaration of Human Rights. It served us well before we joined the eu, and will do so again when we leave.

I was glad to read the French are investing nearly £2 hundred million in the old bedford plant at luton. The new Vivaro van will be built there creating hundreds of fresh jobs.

Viva la france, having spotted they will soon be able to export vans to the whole world without eu tariffs

I was glad to read the French are investing nearly £2 hundred million in the old bedford plant at luton. The new Vivaro van will be built there creating hundreds of fresh jobs.

Viva la france, having spotted they will soon be able to export vans to the whole world without eu tariffs

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/revealed-secret-dossier-shows-what-top-firms-really-think-about-brexit-head-office-moves-and-eu-workers/ar-AAvyHFI?li=BBx1bGE&item=personalization_enabled:false

Archived