onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

So would you agree that it is a bit stupid to have voted Brexit on the basis of immigration? And especially that of NON-EU immigration?

I can see why people did. I don’t have a problem with EU citizens coming to the U.K. to work but we should be able to control the numbers coming.

Advert

You do realise that human rights laws protect everyone, including you? Surely you'd like some rights and protection under international law or do you just assume you'll never need such protection like, say, you were wrongfully arrested whilst on holiday abroad?

The Human Rights act only protects me if I am in countries who have signed up to the act. This country doesn’t need to be in it, our judicial system is one of the best in the world, countries like Saudi Arabia, Zimbabwe and the likes are the countries where people would benefit.

Or failing that, make things up as you go along? Who is this "everyone" you are now accusing me of calling idiot racists? The only people I have ever called that just happen to be idiot racists? Funny that eh? Anyway, perhaps you could explain what Brexit has got to do with non-EU immigration?

Calm down, it's you who is happy to imply people are racist and idiots for voting for brexit due to immigration. Stand by your posts or stop doing it if you don't actually believe what you type.

I've just told you what non-eu immigration has to do with brexit. How can we have an efficient and beneficial immigration policy when we have open borders? It's the first thing that must change before the discussion can even begin.

I can see why people did. I don’t have a problem with EU citizens coming to the U.K. to work but we should be able to control the numbers coming.

And I'm sure you feel the same about non-eu citizens coming to the UK? Like many of us, if they want to come and work and contribute to our society then they are welcome in my book.

The other side of that coin is that those who don't want to contribute are not welcome.

The Human Rights act only protects me if I am in countries who have signed up to the act. This country doesn’t need to be in it, our judicial system is one of the best in the world, countries like Saudi Arabia, Zimbabwe and the likes are the countries where people would benefit.

Mmmm....? Wonder if the Birmingham 6, Guildford 4, people on the Industrial Society blacklist or British subjects incarcerated in Northern Ireland or Guantanamo Bay without trial would agree with that?

They are a refugee once they leave their country of war and enter the first safe country, they become an immigrant once they continue in to other countries and the vast majority will not be sent Home.
Not true until they are given resident status. Some in Germany were because they had the skills. Otherwise they are refugees, and not allowed to work. Illegal immigrants are sent back to where they came from, but a massive task and expensive.

You do realise that human rights laws protect everyone, including you? Surely you'd like some rights and protection under international law or do you just assume you'll never need such protection like, say, you were wrongfully arrested whilst on holiday abroad?

It also protects criminals, murderers and thugs, thousands of them. I guess you missed hearing yesterday about the Romanian gangster and murderer who fled to UK to escape jail. Under 'human Rights' he was allowed to stay in UK, claim benefits , told to ignore parking fines in his £60K BMw, all because his human Rights might be breached if he was sent back to Romania to serve his sentence in an overcrowded jail.

You can stuff the Human Rights bill, I'm OK with the Magna Carta

And I'm sure you feel the same about non-eu citizens coming to the UK? Like many of us, if they want to come and work and contribute to our society then they are welcome in my book.

The other side of that coin is that those who don't want to contribute are not welcome.

Definitely, I would advocate a skilled system whereby we grant visas to those who would benefit our country rather than the vast majority we seem to attract now.

Mmmm....? Wonder if the Birmingham 6, Guildford 4, people on the Industrial Society blacklist or British subjects incarcerated in Northern Ireland or Guantanamo Bay without trial would agree with that?

Or Abu Hamza, or the 500 or so British Muslims who have come back from fighting for IS.

It also protects criminals, murderers and thugs, thousands of them. I guess you missed hearing yesterday about the Romanian gangster and murderer who fled to UK to escape jail. Under 'human Rights' he was allowed to stay in UK, claim benefits , told to ignore parking fines in his £60K BMw, all because his human Rights might be breached if he was sent back to Romania to serve his sentence in an overcrowded jail.

You can stuff the Human Rights bill, I'm OK with the Magna Carta

Magna Carta doesn't do much, just gives rights to Barons. Just because of a few abuses throw everything away?

Calm down, it's you who is happy to imply people are racist and idiots for voting for brexit due to immigration. Stand by your posts or stop doing it if you don't actually believe what you type.

I've just told you what non-eu immigration has to do with brexit. How can we have an efficient and beneficial immigration policy when we have open borders? It's the first thing that must change before the discussion can even begin.

Again, show me one post where I call anyone racist, you can't because you are full of s**t. If I implied what I believe is racism and then you or others feel offended by that then that says it all, come back when you can show me one post that you are accusing me of, you are full of it.

But doesn't nonEU immigration have absolutely nothing to do with the EU? Even after Brexit that will not change? How do you know sponsored immigration works so well in those countries? You realise Australia let in 12000 refugees from Syria and Iraq? Is it Europeans coming over here that you have an issue with or Non-EU?

Both if they havn't a job to support themselves and family's... my relations emigrated to Australia back in 1957 and were let in because my uncle was a electrit6ian in the mines, at that time a needed occupation. A further 2 of my uncles and family's went to the US but again had to be sponsored...Australia also turned boat loads of illegal immigrants away, ie...

Australia's humanitarian intake has remained relatively steady over the last 20 years, with around 12,000 to 13,000 people typically accepted every year.

In 2015-16, Australia accepted 13,750 people through its humanitarian programme and committed to a one-time acceptance of an additional 12,000 refugees fleeing Syria and Iraq.

Asylum seekers have attempted to reach Australia on boats from Indonesia, often paying large sums of money to people smugglers. Hundreds have died making the dangerous journey.

At its peak, 18,000 people arrived in Australia illegally by sea. However the numbers plummeted after the government introduced tough new policies to "stop the boats"

Australia's two leading political parties, the ruling Liberal-National coalition and the Labor opposition, both support tough asylum policies.

Please explain
I too would love an explanation of that. Funnily enough I went to see the Magna Carta when we played Lincoln in November.

A great and significant document but hardly a Bill of Rights for the ordinary person and certainly not a replacement for the laws upheld by the European Court of Justice.

Archived