onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

I voted leave and don’t regret it , I’m not afraid of the unknown, how did we go on before the European Union? oh hold on, didnt we win wars? and hold on a minute didn’t we rule most of the globe? Think we did , what would the world or the Europeans have done without us and our industrial revolution?! We do great things in the U.K. and have a lot to offer Europe and the world and that’s something Europe won’t want to jeopardise, I could be wrong though who knows

DWpwcQMW4AAdJ3E.jpg:large

I voted leave and don’t regret it , I’m not afraid of the unknown, how did we go on before the European Union? oh hold on, didnt we win wars? and hold on a minute didn’t we rule most of the globe? Think we did , what would the world or the Europeans have done without us and our industrial revolution?! We do great things in the U.K. and have a lot to offer Europe and the world and that’s something Europe won’t want to jeopardise, I could be wrong though who knows

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Wonder why all our car industry is foreign owned, atomic power stations built by the French with Chinese money? Germans export 5 times as much to China, the world has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Irrelevant of whether someone voted leave or remain there are few points to consider here; 'we' won wars - yes but only in alliance with other countries, e.g., Napoleonic Wars, Crimean War, WW1, WW2, unless you are referring to 'wars' like those in Africa where British forces armed with Henry-Martini rifles defeated local tribespeople armed with spears and goatskin shields.

When referring to the British Empire it's maximum expanse was around a quarter of the globe, impressive but not 'most', plus imperialism was hardly a force for good, at the height of the empire with all the wealth in Britain the standard of living and life expectancy for the vast majority of the British population was lower than that of a peasant in ancient Greece. The working class were enslaved, not only did they 'rule' nothing they weren't even represented, the empire only benefited a small elite.

The industrial revolution started here and quickly spread and if it hadn't happened in Britain it would have taken place somewhere else in Europe around that time, it was the age of enlightenment and science was advancing across the whole continent.

Finally we ARE European, we can't divorce ourselves from our geographical position and our fellow Europeans Are, generally, unhappy to see us leave the EU because they know we have a lot to offer and they also know Europe is stronger together when competing in the modern global economy with the likes of China, USA and India, huge economic areas with vast barrier free single currency markets.

So, whether someone wishes to be a member of the EU or not it's such a monumental choice with such huge long term consequences it's important the choice is made from consideration of factual information.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Like the House of Lords & the permanent senior officials of the Civil Service?

We didn't vote for them either.

The House of Lords no longer speaks for the British people and should be scrapped or replaced by democratically elected members, by the people they are supposed to represent.

not wishing to wind anyone up but,just to pi*s us off again our fellow partners are threatening us now by saying our drivers licences wont be any good after we leave:angry: barndoor and junkers(doesn't like us cause our Spitfires shot his planes down)

Barnier is French and Juncker is from Luxembourg. I'm not aware our Spitfires ever shot planes down from either of those countries - have I missed something??

I voted leave and don’t regret it , I’m not afraid of the unknown, how did we go on before the European Union? oh hold on, didnt we win wars?

Not in Suez we didn't.

and hold on a minute didn’t we rule most of the globe? Think we did ,

Not in 1973 we didn't.

what would the world or the Europeans have done without us and our industrial revolution?! We do great things in the U.K. and have a lot to offer Europe and the world and that’s something Europe won’t want to jeopardise, I could be wrong though who knows

Well you've been wrong on quite a lot in that post! :smile:

We didn't vote for them either.

The House of Lords no longer speaks for the British people and should be scrapped or replaced by democratically elected members, by the people they are supposed to represent.

I agree. However, the EU government is actually more democratically elected than the UK government, which is why I responded to your original post. Personally I would change them both!

Barnier is French and Juncker is from Luxembourg. I'm not aware our Spitfires ever shot planes down from either of those countries - have I missed something??

I'm sure Churchill had to sink the French navy though because he couldn't trust them not to hand them over to the Nazis.

A small percentage would have carried on moaning butt no way near thee numbers like Yukon who cannot get over the result. I never expected that result and would of accepted the decision if we voted remain but am obviously delighted with the result, just wish May would be firmer with her negotiations.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

I remember long ago before we joined the EEC as it then was, our driving licences were acceptable in Europe. I drove in France back in the 60s, no hassle. This is just yet another red herring, another dragged up excuse to tell us we're better off in the EU.

I agree. However, the EU government is actually more democratically elected than the UK government, which is why I responded to your original post. Personally I would change them both!

Junker Draghi Tusk and Schulz all EU Presidents and none of them were elected.

Archived