Adams out?

valiant_593

Adams out?  

694 members have voted

1. 1. Adams out?

• Yes
    • No

Typical football fans.

Adams is by far the best manager we have had since Horton and in time will get us promoted from this league. He is a victim of his own success, as he brought about an expectation to run away with the league.

Some people are so fickle.

Couldn't agree more!

Advert

Typical football fans.

Adams is by far the best manager we have had since Horton and in time will get us promoted from this league. He is a victim of his own success, as he brought about an expectation to run away with the league.

Sadly not. For me the frailties of his managerial abilities were beginning to show before he left to go to Sheffield. He is one dimensional and clueless to know how to resolve the current problem.

I do not blame him for wanting to go to Sheffield it would have been hard to resist. However, i do blame him for coming back and particularly Bratt for offering such a ridiculous contract.

I was speaking the other week to a former player under Adams at Fulham; from what he said Adams managerial style has not changed. I fear the worst if he stays around.

I wish he would do the honourable thing and resign.

Well there was a lot of people on here saying we should have gone for Gary Johnson and we'd regret getting Adams back. I can bet you any money though if Adams left we wouldn't have players on twitter cheering his demise like the Northampton fans were.

I honestly believe those who want Adams gone are deluded. Deluded in that they believe there is someone out there better than Adams and deluded that this board would make the right choice.

You want the board out but want them to choose a new manager?! Make your mind up!

Adams has to stay for me. Luckily it seems he still has the support of fans.

Well there was a lot of people on here saying we should have gone for Gary Johnson and we'd regret getting Adams back. I can bet you any money though if Adams left we wouldn't have players on twitter cheering his demise like the Northampton fans were.

I honestly believe those who want Adams gone are deluded. Deluded in that they believe there is someone out there better than Adams and deluded that this board would make the right choice.

You want the board out but want them to choose a new manager?! Make your mind up!

Adams has to stay for me. Luckily it seems he still has the support of fans.

No I want them all gone, lock, stock and barrel.... :D =========

Typical football fans.

I think some fans have put Adams on a stupidly high pedestal because of the rubbish managers we have had previously. It has made people unable to notice his poor signings and tactical weaknesses. And to think there is no better out there when cheaper managers are outperforming him on a weekly basis (with smaller budgets) is extremely shortsighted and to some extent bizzare. As for being a victim of his own success, what has he achieved in his three years here? We are in a similar position we were in when Sinnott got sacked. We even have a lot of the same players failing now who were failing then. Is that the sign of the 'best manager in the league'. Teams like accrington and Southend must laugh at our fans when they say that.

Can someone tell me how much time we have spent in the bottom half of the league under Adams and how much with all of his predecessors?

Can someone tell me his win and loss percentages?

At the moment it seems that some of the previously strong players, particularly in defence are not performing. We have been notoriously strong and hard to beat under Adams and at the beginning of this year had seemed to address our problem of scoring goals.

We also have injuries, Richards is crucial to us. Also, what can Adams do at the moment? I guess he has some business to do in January as regards offloading a couple of players and bringing a couple in.

Its a headache as to why we are on a bad run but I believe we have seen a very defensively sound team last season under Adams, and at the beginning of this season a team scoring a lot of goals. I don't think it'll take too much to get this team back on track again and if both of those strengths can work together at the same time we can put a good run together.

I still believe we are good enough to make the playoffs.

I think the reason some people hold adams in such high regard is because he came to us at a very low point in our recent history and offered us hope, he didnt deliver but we could see possibilities and could believe, which is more than his predecessors did.

You cant really say he had no money because he spent it retaining the players we have and adding the players he chose, he may not have any extra money but his budget seems more than enough for other teams to make progress with.

As for him going.... I dont think he should.... for two reasons.

1 We cant afford to pay him off [95%]

2 He should stay and suffer like the rest of us, let his bad decisions affect his job prospects like it affects the club. If we go up he takes the credit, if we go nowhere he takes the pain. [5%]

Is adams a victim of his own success?... what success?... is it true he got sacked or left clubs more than he got promotion?

For the record, i don't particularly think he should go yet, mainly because of the contract Bratt gave him. But I do think he is vastly over rated by vale fans (who have a tendency to overflow peoples ability...think lawrie, DLW, malbon, our golden youth team, dodds, admas). If he offered his resignation however, I would be quite happy to accept it. It is possible he could achieve promotion from this division if he got lucky, just as about 16 clubs in this league could scrape it. However he seems deflated and lacking in ideas. His signings have been poor (and I include his first stint with us in that), and he is tactically poor and being out thought by younger less experience managers. He is all about fitness and motivation, and at the moment we have lots of injuries and the players lack confidence. Can anybody tell me what else he offers?

Archived