Adams out?

valiant_593

Adams out?  

694 members have voted

1. 1. Adams out?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

Not affording to pay him off is correct. But asking who we would get to replace him? Are we saying that if his contract expired today, he would be the best we can hope for? I don't think so. THe likes of southend and accrington have much better managers than us. Those thinking Adams is the best league 2 manager need their heads looking at. Its blinkered to the extreme. Forget money, is he the best wheeler dealer we can get? Is he the best tactician we can get? Is he the best coach we can get? I think we all know that its not. His strength is fitness and motivations. We currently have loads of injuries and no confidence or motivation, which leaves adams toothless (plan A...hoof! Plan B...send Mcdonald up front!)

In for the time being, but I'm having serious doubts. With regards to Aspin, mentioned by some people, I'd like to see him given a chance if Adams was to go.

The reason Glover's reputation was so tarnished was more to do with the fact that he came across as a complete ****, as opposed to the fact he wasn't a very good manager. Foyle was a pretty poor-average manager, but people are still prepared to see past that and he's still regarded as a legend by most. If Aspin was manager and failed I'm pretty sure he'd fall more into the Foyle category!

yes, utter clueless at the moment

Key words there. This is the real problem. Certain fans bitch moaning the first chance they get when something goes wrong. Ok, we're going through a bad spell at the moment, but thats what part of a being a fan is. Getting behind the manager, who this time last year was like royalty. Find me a team that never goes through a bit of a losing a street and I'll eat my hat!!!

When he was re appointed he was labelled as the best manager in the lower leagues and that we could not hope for better by most fans. Now people want him out *** i wish people would make their minds up on here instead of being so fickle.

Those fans were the ones didn't it see it as Mr Bratt trying to save his skin.

Agreed, but your argument is based on hindsight.

How many of these signings was anyone upset with at the time?

When the contracts came up some of us called for a cull. I was gutted the likes of dodds ad rigg were given long contracts. But I agreeably seemed to rate these players. Amazingly some thought dodds as being our best player and one of the best in the league. I think he signed most of them up because his ability to sign better was limited. Hence the awful summer signings.

people are so deluded we need to get behind micky he is the best man for the job we are not far oof the plyoffs what do people want top of the leaugue b4 xmas then fade off like last season being top ment nothing as we did not get prmotion I would soon be where we are then after xmas strenthen then start moving up the table just like stevenage did last season

people are so deluded we need to get behind micky he is the best man for the job we are not far oof the plyoffs what do people want top of the leaugue b4 xmas then fade off like last season being top ment nothing as we did not get prmotion I would soon be where we are then after xmas strenthen then start moving up the table just like stevenage did last season

Or we could go like we did last season, in which case we're heading for a relegation battle. I would prefer it if we were top now and push on from that!

Why do people consistently say he's the best man for the job when we lie in 13th place in the table, having beaten only one of the 12 above us, while at the same time having one of the best levels of support in the division?

If this had been Glover, Gannon or Sinnott, the knives would be much sharper now. Adams is still living off of last season's results. Last season has gone. He is judged on this season and he is not doing what some expected him to do i.e. carry on from where he left off.

I stand by saying that now is not the right time to discuss the sack - we can't afford to anyway - but no way will I say he is the best man for the job when we're 13th in the table.

...and breathe!

Great logic by the way. We don't want to be top now, because it means we will be rubbish in the 2nd half of the season. Instead we want to be rubbish now as it will mean promotion later! Brilliant. THat must by adams master plan.

Adams in, absolutely.

We will not get a better manager at this level.

Anyone that thinks otherwise needs their head seriously looking at.

You must be joking, have a look at the league table, did you attend the Morecambe game? The rookie manager that is Jim Bentley made Adams look a right novice tactically when they embarrassed us!

My feeling is Adams' straight talking style goes down well with a lot of Vale fans. So much so that they take their eyes off what he is actually achieving (or not).

It's like the managerial equivalent of liking a player who is absolute garbage but will run his balls off for 90 minutes.

Archived