valiant_593

Adams out?  

694 members have voted

1. 1. Adams out?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

Which good players are those?

Well.. it's not a list as long as my arm. But I think Craig Davies would have been a useful signing as would Danny Whitaker, who I believe was an Adams target.

In the current squad, Haldane was just the kind of player Vale needed at that time to take some pressure off a leaky defence. Gary Roberts, when his attitude is right. I also think Pope is as good a striker as we can afford right now.

Also in his first spell he identified those players that were dead wood and shipped them out. It's looking like he'll have to have another cull if this team is to get out of this division.

I guess the acid test would be if he got some money to spend.

I wish you would shut the fudge up, you mat be on of the stupidest fans we have wanting rid of a manager after 3 bad results.

I keep reading about fans you have spoken to players etc. Try speaking to your own fans and players you , eithe that or form your own opinion I couldn't give a toss about fulham players, considering he turned that club around it was probably someone he dropped .

Sorry didn't mean to touch a nerve =========

micky adams is the best prospect we have of getting anywhere,it's not his fault we have so many injured players,and when you don't have a magic money pot to dip in you have to reluctanly look at loan players

But we have millions in the bank and a chairman with unrivalled footballing connections.

ermmmm... ermmmmmm... is this a trick question?:unsure:

I see what you mean--I guess using the word "football" in connection with the dross MA's team is currently serving up could be seen as a trick! However, I'm still waiting for someone to accept the challenge and give me even two good footballing reasons why anyone would recommend MA as a good manager?

Well there was a lot of people on here saying we should have gone for Gary Johnson and we'd regret getting Adams back. I can bet you any money though if Adams left we wouldn't have players on twitter cheering his demise like the Northampton fans were.

I honestly believe those who want Adams gone are deluded. Deluded in that they believe there is someone out there better than Adams and deluded that this board would make the right choice.

You want the board out but want them to choose a new manager?! Make your mind up!

Spot on, Adams is the man, injuries is the problem, simples

Adams has to stay for me. Luckily it seems he still has the support of fans.

My opinion right now is that Adams should stay. In the past he has identified good players and at the moment he's working with both hands tied behind his back.

Like who exactly?

His signings in general have been poor, none more so than the one's signed this summer, i,e - Roe, Green and James.

micky adams is the best prospect we have of getting anywhere,it's not his fault we have so many injured players,and when you don't have a magic money pot to dip in you have to reluctanly look at loan players

We weren't playing well even before the injuries & suspensions struck! We've still to beat a top 8 team, and after after 18 games, have only had two clean sheets--so how can MA not be culpable?

Like who exactly?

His signings in general have been poor, none more so than the one's signed this summer, i,e - Roe, Green and James.

I really do not believe he would have signed any of those if he had got some money. His hand was forced as I'm trying to point out.

Don't get me wrong. I do not believe Micky Adams is the messiah. I was not happy when he returned because it was obvious he was being used as a political pawn ahead of the EGM and he fell for it.

I was not happy when he became a director and I feel that decision has a lot to do with the predicament he finds himself in now. I do think that Adams needs to take a step back sometimes and think. Not everyone is as straight with people as he is. He's been/being used and he still does not realise it. Now he's the human shield for Deakin and co.

But his Vale record is not bad, worse this time than last time. But I just do not think it is the right time to be talking of the sack. The pressure is increasing on him though and I do sense that in his interviews. He is sounding defeatist just like he did when he was at Sheff Utd.

I really do not believe he would have signed any of those if he had got some money. His hand was forced as I'm trying to point out.

His budget is better than most. The reason perhaps that they were cheap signings was because he wasted most of his budget re-signing players onto 2 year contracts. We have to include the likes of Dodds, Haldane, Taylor, Rigg, etc in his signings.

His budget is better than most. The reason perhaps that they were cheap signings was because he wasted most of his budget re-signing players onto 2 year contracts. We have to include the likes of Dodds, Haldane, Taylor, Rigg, etc in his signings.

Agreed, but your argument is based on hindsight.

How many of these signings was anyone upset with at the time?

As I pointed out earlier, a second cull is most likely needed. Some of these signings have not worked out for various reasons and it is obvious that the team as a unit is simply not consistent enough to achieve promotion. Adams has to share the blame for that, not only for this season's poor results, but also that he broke the mentality of the team when he left for Sheffield. He lost the respect of supporters and players and is now finding it difficult to get that back.

We have to include the likes of Dodds, Haldane, Taylor, Rigg, etc in his signings.

And none of them would be missed in the slightest if they were no longer at the club.

Taylor and Haldane at best are frustratingly inconsistent, Rigg extremely average (though I think he's more than worth a place in the squad) and Dodds useless whenever he starts.

Archived