onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin

TylerB

Advert

People keep going on about this amazing start we had under Aspin, and while that's true, how many times have we seen it in football when a new manager lifts the whole club and turns results around for a month or two? Players will always give that extra 10 percent for a little while to try and make an impression. My worry is that some of the performances since December have been as bad as anything we saw under managers that were (rightly) ripped a new one on here such as Gannon and Brown.

To me Aspin seems an honest bloke but about as charismatic as a custard cream. Yes, he did a good job in none league football as some seem eager to point out, but so did Lee Sinnott! It means very little.

I'm a bit happier now than I was with Brown. At least we are not in the bottom two any longer but the gap is narrowing and we are in a terrible run of form.

For me, however, the buck stops with the owner. From the outside we appear to have squandered an awful lot of money on Bruno and his boys, Brown's signings and then getting Aspin and his team here. The owner has clearly told Aspin to cut costs, save money, reduce the wage bill and do what you can to get us out of trouble this season and we'll revisit the situation afresh in the summer when it's much easier to sort out contracts and wages. It's crystal clear that we've been cutting to the bone, paying off players' contracts (like Wilson and De F) and going for the cheapest alternatives in January. I don't blame Aspin for that but you can question his tactics and selections at times. Thje trouble is we are trying to pick a good competitive XI when we don't have any more than 3-4 good competitive players for me and I can't see most of them being here in the long term, which is another key issue and can't help us one iota when many of them return to their parent clubs or are given a free in the summer.

Sadly, this January panned out like the last one. A poor window. No quality, proven players signed, despite our desperate plight. A poor run of form. It's groundhog day for me and very worrying.

But I know who should cop the blame for this. Error after error after error. Page. Bruno. Brown. On and on and on.

And the old cliche is bang on the money isn't it? If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Just a guess but maybe a fair number of our squad know they have no future at Vale park and are either not interested in playing or don't give a chuff whether they play or not.
Possibly, but surely thinking about who will employ them next season based on their performance and attitude? Or maybe retiring?

NS is not letting Aspin make decisions on recruitment by hampering him with finances. Read between the lines. To (roughly) quote Aspin:

"I've spoken to about 20 centre halves"

"I wanted him (Gunning) to stay but sometimes the finances don't allow"

I spoke with John Rudge last week. I steered the conversation towards NS. John is a man of integrity and professionalism and deftly changed the subject to some stories about when he was in charge and happenings with Bill Bell. He did say (and it's not the first time he's said it) that Bill Bell never interfered with the playing side. Read between the lines.

NS is instrumental in putting players off signing for the Vale. His reputation is well known in football circles. His attitude stinks. He tries to bully and rip people off. He is scum and we need him out of our club.

Summer 2016 = disaster.

January 2017 = absolute disaster.

Summer 2017 = disaster.

January 2018 = disaster.

Common denominator = NS.

Dropping like a stone under NS.

Doing a Leyton Orient, Tranmere, Stockport County, etc...

Get out of our club while we've still got a club.

How was this transfer window a disaster?

Archived