onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

If the present owner stays I'm finished

old sage

Smurthwaite you have finally cracked me and if you get us relegated out of the Football League then I vow never to attend another game until you have left our Club for good.

Tonight I feel lower than at any time in the 55 years plus that I have followed Port Vale. I have seen us on our backside before due to poor leadership etc but this time it is different because we are under the control of a man who couldn't give a damn about the Club. You have now got the near 2 million pieces of silver from the Hugill deal which I'm sure that you will put into your pocket and just sit back and allow us to continue to flounder into oblivion. I feel sorry in my heart for Neil Aspin because he must be ruing the day that he returned to the Club.

You promised to provide the financial support in January to ensure our safety and what a joke that promise was with only a handful of loans being brought in when I'm sure Aspin wanted experienced recruits. Frankly I consider you to be a total disgrace who should never have been able to hoodwink your way into our football club.

So well done you have forced me to turn my back on the Club that has been my passion for so many years. when you have left I will return regardless of which division that we find ourselves in but never while your name is on the door as it's owner and guess what unlike you I will keep my promise.

Advert

Sad to see. Mike is one of the most passionate, genuine Vale fans you'll meet. A sad indictment of where we are.

Lets get a meeting called. Its time to discuss our plans and move forward. I honestly don't feel like it but I don't think I can sit by and let this happen.

Sad to see. Mike is one of the most passionate, genuine Vale fans you'll meet. A sad indictment of where we are.

Lets get a meeting called. Its time to discuss our plans and move forward. I honestly don't feel like it but I don't think I can sit by and let this happen.

whatever it takes mate my lads and I will be up for it. I can't say just how much I despise what the man is doing to Port Vale

That's really sad news and one that's going to be mirrored throughout our fanbase. I too have followed Vale for over 60 years, since my dad took me as a lad.Im livid tonight and not sure if my football club is going to survive under the present ownership.Christ it was bad under MOLD but this guy is beyond believing. The sooner he's SENT TO COVENTRY,as the saying goes,the better !,,

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Well owd un i know how you feel all i can say is we have been through worse times than these like being voted back in the football league. I am sorry but i cannot turn my back on the club i love even though it is being run out of existance by a chairman who i think is in competion with the people who run Leeds,Coventry,and Newcastle for being the worst owner of a football club ever.This clown will not deter me or my family to give the vale up they mean to much to us all.

I took this stance before last season after being a fan for over 55 years.

After the disgusting way that ************ treated Page and all the playing staff and then bragging about it on national TV and newspapers I felt that I did not want to put another penny into this person's pocket. To me, by not giving him any of my money it was in my small way showing my contempt to the person who I thought brought our great club into disrepute and why the bad name we now have has been one of the reasons why we heard the stories of players not signing for us because of our owner.

I only go to away games now, which most people know has not been very fruitful over the last season and a half, but I still want to support my team if not the owner.

A little story from today. Before the game I was in Cheltenham's corporate facility having a meal before the game along with the match sponsors etc and also a table with Norman Smurthwaite, his wife, Tony Fradley and John Rudge (no Colin Garlick again, probably at Macclesfield Town). Anyway before the match there was a non playing player from the Cheltenham squad being interviewed followed by a question and answers routine. Our owner said to the player "Norman Smurthwaite the owner of Port Vale, can I ask you what do you do with your win bonus?" I thought it was a crass and embarrassing question to ask and has nothing to do with him. Incidentally the player replied that they have not been getting any win bonuses. They might not have done, but then they had not played us.

Please leave now, as Mike says I will be back when he has gone, whatever league we are in.

After the disgusting way that ********** treated Page and all the playing staff and then bragging about it on national TV and newspapers I felt that I did not want to put another penny into this person's pocket. To me, by not giving him any of my money it was in my small way showing my contempt to the person who I thought brought our great club into disrepute and why the bad name we now have has been one of the reasons why we heard the stories of players not signing for us because of our owner.

I only go to away games now, which most people know has not been very fruitful over the last season and a half, but I still want to support my team if not the owner.

A little story from today. Before the game I was in Cheltenham's corporate facility having a meal before the game along with the match sponsors etc and also a table with Norman Smurthwaite, his wife, Tony Fradley and John Rudge (no Colin Garlick again, probably at Macclesfield Town). Anyway before the match there was a non playing player from the Cheltenham squad being interviewed followed by a question and answers routine. Our owner said to the player "Norman Smurthwaite the owner of Port Vale, can I ask you what do you do with your win bonus?" I thought it was a crass and embarrassing question to ask and has nothing to do with him. Incidentally the player replied that they have not been getting any win bonuses. They might not have done, but then they had not played us.

Please leave now, as Mike says I will be back when he has gone, whatever league we are in.

That just shows what a classless individual he is.

After the disgusting way that ********** treated Page and all the playing staff and then bragging about it on national TV and newspapers I felt that I did not want to put another penny into this person's pocket. To me, by not giving him any of my money it was in my small way showing my contempt to the person who I thought brought our great club into disrepute and why the bad name we now have has been one of the reasons why we heard the stories of players not signing for us because of our owner.

That's about as close as you can get to the fire , without being burned. In the presence of the blue one, the elephant in the room. The Cheltenham player should have told him to mind his own business. Classy as ever, Smurthwaite. It's getting close to the time when fans will have to do something, or someone will. Smurthwaite won't look at it and say that something needs to be done for the good of the club.He has never done that. I don't know how you could sit there without giving him an earful, but that wouldn't be right either. I suppose we have to retain some measure of respect for ourselves.Sign me up, and I'll contribute as much as I can.

What a bizarre question to ask an opposition player. Any psychiatrists on here who could shed some light on that behaviour?

I'm convinced the bloke has a personality disorder and I have been for some time.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I'm a Psychologist and I'll say that sounds like a classic case of a 1st class t@sser. Tell me the time and date of any prospective meeting to begin removing this man and I'll be there. I'll also be happy to provide any input to a prospective campaign, psychological insights, leafletting anything!

In all seriousness his very disagreeable personality, complete lack of social awareness and seeming inability to build a positive relationship with anybody could well be suggestive of something like a Schizoid or Schizotypal personality disorder. This complete rejection of help from anybody and seemingly constant need for self-dependency, no matter how damaging is another worrying trait.

My prescribed treatment is a swift sale to Synectics (or any other interested parties) #Smurfwaite Out!

Archived