Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

Not really i agree wholeheartedly with him. Expectations are massive for every owner and they become the villain very quickly once fans dont get their own way. Remind me of an owner of port vale in your lifetime who hasnt been slagged off and accused of a lack of investment. Bill Bell was the most successful owner in vale history and was eventually protested against and forced out to be replaced with v2001, who we were all told were the new messiahs.....

Whilst a new owner for the vale is required i havent seen anyone come forward who i think will offer anything other than a couple of years before fans start to turn. Whether people admit it or not fans dont want a stable club, stable doesnt mean going up it just means its not in dire straits every few weeks. Fans actually want excitement, best players in the world, investment through the roof and for the cheapest possible price. Of which we will never see any of it and most will become restless of stable very quickly

Ok. Exaggerated is probably more accurate.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the most worrying quote from Norman is the one of "I've never lost out on a business deal and I don't intend to start now".

Basically, he wants every penny back that's he put in (and wasted).

He wants the purchase price back (£1.2m I believe?) PLUS the £4m+ directors loan DEBT he's put us in through his own mismanagement and incompetence.

So he's probably looking for a minimum of around £6m which no one will pay. And month on month, year on year he will keep wasting more money in directors loans and bloating the asking price up further.

We're stuck with him. And the only place we're going is the conference and it's heartbreaking.

There is no chance of that!

"They" wouldn't go about their business in such an unprofessional manner and in such a condescending way.

"They" wouldn't pretend they knew how to run a football club when in fact "They" couldn't run Stoke Audi.

And finally "They" would appreciate what fan base "They" had and nurture it instead of alienating it at every opportunity.

It's very difficult to enter a battle that you know you can't win. Unfortunately Norman is the "Daddy" It's his game, it his ball and if he's not playing then none of us are either. When there is no love and passion involved decisions are easy and the cold, passionless Norman will be governed by profit and loss just like the owners of Wedgwood, Shelton Bar or PMT (great shirt sponsors). When it's not in your blood it's not in your blood, I couldn't wake up tomorrow and suddenly develop an affection for a club other than my own. I couldn't put a scarf around my neck if it wasn't already in my heart. I'm sure Coventry would welcome some investment from Norman or even Torquay as he was courted down there a short while ago. But what could replace him, is there a Dalehall sugar daddy waiting in the wings? A Tunstall tycoon or a Burslem bank roller.....I live in hope.

Could Synetics not align with the Supporters Club in some way in order to help give their cause a bit of momentum. It would help to put pressure on Smurfwaite and a SC campaign backed by Synetics would automatically take away that argument that no-body is out there. The SC helped to gather momentum against V2001 before and they could do it again, this time backed by new prospective owners. No one can control Smurfwaite's actions but we could begin doing a damn sight more to put pressure on him. Carol Shenahan already has good links with many community interests in Burslem so I'm sure she'd have no problem making contact with the SC.

Yet we are expected to sit in silence as we fly down the leagues?

No I didn't say that.

It's exhausting sifting through the ****, the lies, the drama to try and work out a truth. There are many truths based on the available evidence. Simply saying 'oh he's trousered that money' - with zero evidence is not good enough for me.

There is evidence of incompetence I admit, such as league position, squad, number of managers. That is quantifiable proof that something must change.

No I didn't say that.

It's exhausting sifting through the ****, the lies, the drama to try and work out a truth. There are many truths based on the available evidence. Simply saying 'oh he's trousered that money' - with zero evidence is not good enough for me.

There is evidence of incompetence I admit, such as league position, squad, number of managers. That is quantifiable proof that something must change.

Then we agree... something must change!

No I didn't say that.

What do you suggest RB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could Synetics not align with the Supporters Club in some way in order to help give their cause a bit of momentum. It would help to put pressure on Smurfwaite and a SC campaign backed by Synetics would automatically take away that argument that no-body is out there. The SC helped to gather momentum against V2001 before and they could do it again, this time backed by new prospective owners. No one can control Smurfwaite's actions but we could begin doing a damn sight more to put pressure on him. Carol Shenahan already has good links with many community interests in Burslem so I'm sure she'd have no problem making contact with the SC.

That was an entirely different 'ball game' back then with V2001 having to defend itself from several fronts with dynamic leadership anchoring the various campaigns.

Removing V2001 was easy compared to a single person with plenty of pelf and control to dig in for the duration and beyond.

Still, if as you suggest came to fruition then who knows what would follow?

What do you suggest RB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there's too much water under the bridge for him to stay, but too much at risk for him to not prop us up in league 2.

I believe he will see if Aspin can get us up next season and try and flog the club in league 1.

I think there's too much water under the bridge for him to stay, but too much at risk for him to not prop us up in league 2.

I believe he will see if Aspin can get us up next season and try and flog the club in league 1.

When he came he told us he had enough cash to get us into the Championship. Now it seems he is unsure he wants to "spend" any cash keeping us in the Football League. Surely he must realise soon that he's just not cut out for this job?

When he came he told us he had enough cash to get us into the Championship. Now it seems he is unsure he wants to "spend" any cash keeping us in the Football League. Surely he must realise soon that he's just not cut out for this job?

This is my major problem,its not how much money he puts in and someone must be paying invoices etc.its the fact he can't run a football club,he has failed at every level,and I'm afraid he will continue to fail and and the consequences of that worry me.

Very good suggestion and points.

Synectics won't align with any anti-Smurf movement at the moment due to Ms Shanahan's involvement with the Foundation Trust thing.

Synectics won't align with any anti-Smurf movement at the moment due to Ms Shanahan's involvement with the Foundation Trust thing.

This the new one that was set up after Smurthwaite kicked the original one out for not following his orders?

Archived