Houston Valiant

Smurthwaite Out

I know that season tickets sales will be slow at this time.But from when the season ends (5th May) till the end of the early bird offer for season tickets will be a big indication on what the consensus around the club is.Ticket sales will be low even if we stay in this league(which I think we will do)Then we will have the ....

"I have realised my mistakes and will react accordingly.I know that a lot of fans have lost faith and trust in me.But Ive had time to sit back and refresh myself.I now have a new plan to take the club forward.Its a plan that I have worked hard on but its a plan that will work.I fully intend to get the club back up to where it belongs.There will be more money put into the club and the way the club operates will be restructured.There will be changes along the way.These changes will be funded by myself at no further cost to the club.Keep the faith and help me to achieve our climb back up the league to where we rightly belong"

The problem is we have heard all this sort of stuff before from him.Less and less people believe him.

:clap::clap::whistling:

Interesting just how few of rose the rose tinted crew are commenting.

Are they all sitting around a (small coffee) table together eating humble pie.Maybe some are awaiting further instruction on what to say,what not to say.Where are 'The defenders of the realm'?

I know that season tickets sales will be slow at this time.But from when the season ends (5th May) till the end of the early bird offer for season tickets will be a big indication on what the consensus around the club is.Ticket sales will be low even if we stay in this league(which I think we will do)Then we will have the ....

"I have realised my mistakes and will react accordingly.I know that a lot of fans have lost faith and trust in me.But Ive had time to sit back and refresh myself.I now have a new plan to take the club forward.Its a plan that I have worked hard on but its a plan that will work.I fully intend to get the club back up to where it belongs.There will be more money put into the club and the way the club operates will be restructured.There will be changes along the way.These changes will be funded by myself at no further cost to the club.Keep the faith and help me to achieve our climb back up the league to where we rightly belong"

The problem is we have heard all this sort of stuff before from him.Less and less people believe him.

ABSOLUTE AND PURE BULLSHIP I CAN'T PUT MORE FORCEFULL THAT THAT WITHOUT BEING CENSORED.

Iwont say that Norman is a bare faced liar but sometimes he doesn't say what he means and other times he doesn't mean what he says.

ABSOLUTE AND PURE BULLSHIP I CAN'T PUT MORE FORCEFULL THAT THAT WITHOUT BEING CENSORED.

Iwont say that Norman is a bare faced liar but sometimes he doesn't say what he means and other times he doesn't mean what he says.

So what in my post is in your opinion "Bullship"?

Synetics dont appear to be financially better than Smurf (if not worse off) and lacked conviction to get a deal done last time round (couple of bids inside a week and got mardy when Smurf ignored a few messages).

That statement, Matt, is from the Donald Trump school of fake news. Synectics made their first bid for the club in early 2016 having paid the £50,000 fee for access to the financials at the club. Upon being given further information involving a dispute over the ownership of certain land at the club, they made a revised bid. So that was two bids in 2016. They then approached Norman again in May last year with a further offer which he rejected. Another possible bid was discussed which again Norman rejected. So as far as I can tell that's four bids over more than twelve months - not two bids in a week. I don't know where you're getting your info from but if I was you I'd sack your source and enter the real world.

The moral of this whole story is that you could easily just change the names and you'd be convinced that it was still 2011, Mo, Oliver, Bratt, Lloyd et al. So depressing.

IF they can actually get get NS to sit round a table and get to speak to him.

Very true. But again, if someone is determined enough, they will galvanize enough support to ensure there’s no choice.

But has said he won’t going forward, so all the people writing bidders off because they don’t have spare cash are using the wrong variable to discount them.

Until he puts the club on the market for a reasonable price we will never know and will unfortunately continue to slide.

I don't understand your logic at all. So we can't discount people based on their financial position because Norman is currently not putting money into the club even though he has put millions in over the past few years? What has that got to do with whether or not Synectics can afford to take on the club?

I don't understand your logic at all. So we can't discount people based on their financial position because Norman is currently not putting money into the club even though he has put millions in over the past few years? What has that got to do with whether or not Synectics can afford to take on the club?

My logic is this.

There are a number of factors that will make someone a good owner.

I’m not sure whether Synectics are the right answer. But people are writing them off because they say that they don’t have the money to fund the club over and above the revenue the club earns.

These same people are then saying that norman should be left alone to see if he can turn the club around. But he also won’t put any more money in over and above what revenue the club earns.

So Synectics are being discounted for doing the same thing the current owner will do.

Again, I’m not saying they are the right answer, but to write them off for doing exactly what will happen if they don’t take over doesn’t make any sense to me.

That’s like saying... “I don’t want an omelette for my breakfast because I don’t like eggs, I will stick with scrambled eggs please.”

Anyone wanting to know how to run a FC and engage with fans should read this guy's Twitter

https://twitter.com/andyhholt?lang=en

The only question that I have for any would-be Smurfettes is what are his achievements in 5 years?

**** all IMO.

Which is fine when the club is doing well!! lets see what happens when you struggle!!

You Have to admire everything about Accrington a very small club in the football league but they seem to do no wrong and over achieve nearly every season

Take a look at all the struggling clubs like ourselves and go on their messageboards the fans are just as toxic and all demand change

Not everyone can be top of the league which makes our game so great if it was easy we still all couldn't do it!!

My logic is this.

There are a number of factors that will make someone a good owner.

I’m not sure whether Synectics are the right answer. But people are writing them off because they say that they don’t have the money to fund the club over and above the revenue the club earns.

These same people are then saying that norman should be left alone to see if he can turn the club around. But he also won’t put any more money in over and above what revenue the club earns.

So Synectics are being discounted for doing the same thing the current owner will do.

Again, I’m not saying they are the right answer, but to write them off for doing exactly what will happen if they don’t take over doesn’t make any sense to me.

That’s like saying... “I don’t want an omelette for my breakfast because I don’t like eggs, I will stick with scrambled eggs please.”

More like I'm not sure what kind of breakfast Synthetics will serve, but I don't like eggs so I'm going to stick with this **** sandwich called Smurthwaite.

Which is fine when the club is doing well!! lets see what happens when you struggle!!

You Have to admire everything about Accrington a very small club in the football league but they seem to do no wrong and over achieve nearly every season

Take a look at all the struggling clubs like ourselves and go on their messageboards the fans are just as toxic and all demand change

Not everyone can be top of the league which makes our game so great if it was easy we still all couldn't do it!!

Not sure what "over-achieve" means.

Surely you just mean achieve?

AS is an incredible Club with a great Chairman and a manager. Ours is a great Club with a great manager with a ***** as owner.

I would think that the main reason why some of the so called lesser clubs do better than Vale on less revenue is that they actually sign on decent players, whether they are young non leaguers or ex pros that are going through the Leagues.

The likes of Stanley etc seem to have willing, capable units made up of cheap players in general that are coached correctly.

The saddest thing is there's loads of people on here with genuine passion and concern about the future (and existence) of our club.

If we ever aired these views at or after a game, however, you all know exactly the sort of response many fans would level at us.

The saddest thing is there's loads of people on here with genuine passion and concern about the future (and existence) of our club.

If we ever aired these views at or after a game, however, you all know exactly the sort of response many fans would level at us.

Perhaps those people are just as passionate and concerned as you and others but share a different opinion? Is that something you can comprehend?