onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

Advert

Reposted from another thread:

My point is, and always has been, that he has no idea what he is doing and the direction of the club under his stewardship proves that.

Added on top of that is that I also think his ego means he cannot admit that to himself and is damaging the club further because of it.

And before anyone says that there are no other options... until he drops his ridiculous asking price based on his loans rather than the clubs assets, then we will never know.

To Norman I say this...Drop the ego, drop the price, sell the club and retire to Portugal before you destroy the club forever... not on purpose, just because you are truely a rubbish, failing and incompetent chairman.

Taken off my tweets to him off twitter.

@smurfpvfc how does it make you feel when fans who have supported you in the past are starting to want you to sell the Club because of your constant penny pinching and mismanagement bringing the club to its knees. Norman for the love of God save yourself the hassle and go.

I see he was moaning about gates being low again. 8000 v Shrews for a night game, 10,000 v Burton. 12000 v Northampton. Because them games were marketed properly. Smurf the crowds are low at the mo, because your marketing dept is crap. The players your budget provides are crap

M8 I backed Smurf at 1st, but bloody non league clubs are run better. How many behind the scenes staff do we keep losing. Marketing, what bloody marketing?? Catering a joke, floodlights. Improved but still Bycars in darkness at night games. Tannoy system, can't bloody hear it.

Stadium run down with odd coloured seats in places. The pitch shocking and needing investment. And don't get me started on that list who call them selves footballers.

Smurf owns the club so surely the buck stops with him. He keeps saying he wants his money back, bit the club is in a bloody worse position than when he took over.

He needs to swallow his pride, admit he has tried but failed and move on. Get away from the stress of it all Norman, go enjoy your life as surely you don't need the stress anymore. As the more failure the more toxic it will become. The club needs a fresh start with fresh owners

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Spot on .

I love Vale we are a shambles ,go u got your money back with the sale of Hugill .

Do the decent thing and go .

Dont hold back Aspin and Rudge ,they need be backed to get players on that pitch who can deliver .

The current lot do not and you are the one who risked everything by bringing in Bruno and his littlewoods catalogue players and its being downhill ever since until Aspin put a bit of pride back in the shirt but unfortunately some of the players have none and need be replaced .

Are you Mr Smurfwaite going to get the players in to get the fans in so that they can enjoy there matchday experience.

I think you should go i have nothing against you .

You do whats right for Vale and its loyal downtrodden supporters who have had to endure a pathetic few years until Aspo stepped in and even though he is idol to me some of his playing staff are a joke and he aint Harry Houdini .

So go u brought the cheap option in Page in and then got rid of him underhandly not that i was bothered as watching his Vale team away nearly killed me as i had a heart scare .

Just sell up .

UTV

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

You would honestly think a sane, normal person would by now want out of Port Vale FC. The ground is run down, the players are clearly not enjoying life at the bottom of the League, the fans are again beginning to revolt and the club allegedly is losing money weekly.

What is there for Norman to hold onto? A serious question Norman...when do you intend to cut your losses and actually take in the damage you are doing to our great Club? As a businessman can you not see that this investment is draining day by day at present and there is no light at the end of the tunnel even to grasp hold of?

Any other business would have by now looked seriously at what to do for the future. You just plod along totally oblivious of the hurt you are causing and the continuing unrest you are perpetuating.

With all the respect in the world can you issue us with your statement of intent? Are you simply trudging along unwilling to finance any resurrection of Port Vale / happy to see us in non league football/ willing to appease the fan base/ do anything different at all to attempt to turn matters round?

You will no doubt mock and deride those who want a better future for Port Vale as you must believe you are actually doing things correctly. You will no doubt ignore the many increasing calls from sane and honest people who love their Club BUT there has to be a day when even you have to sit down and measure what is best for you and your family? Are you gaining any enjoyment from seeing your original vision disappearing infront of your own eyes?

When your life becomes a daily grind and you cannot see where to turn next to start to enjoy your retirement then it's obviously time to go and release the shackles you have manacled around Port Vale FC. Seriously and honestly from the bottom of my Valiant heart and from many ,many other likewise fans please put the Club etc up for sale at a reasonable, realistic price to allow yourself a dignified exit from your/our nightmare.

You would honestly think a sane, normal person would by now want out of Port Vale FC. The ground is run down, the players are clearly not enjoying life at the bottom of the League, the fans are again beginning to revolt and the club allegedly is losing money weekly.

What is there for Norman to hold onto? A serious question Norman...when do you intend to cut your losses and actually take in the damage you are doing to our great Club? As a businessman can you not see that this investment is draining day by day at present and there is no light at the end of the tunnel even to grasp hold of?

Any other business would have by now looked seriously at what to do for the future. You just plod along totally oblivious of the hurt you are causing and the continuing unrest you are perpetuating.

With all the respect in the world can you issue us with your statement of intent? Are you simply trudging along unwilling to finance any resurrection of Port Vale / happy to see us in non league football/ willing to appease the fan base/ do anything different at all to attempt to turn matters round?

You will no doubt mock and deride those who want a better future for Port Vale as you must believe you are actually doing things correctly. You will no doubt ignore the many increasing calls from sane and honest people who love their Club BUT there has to be a day when even you have to sit down and measure what is best for you and your family? Are you gaining any enjoyment from seeing your original vision disappearing infront of your own eyes?

When your life becomes a daily grind and you cannot see where to turn next to start to enjoy your retirement then it's obviously time to go and release the shackles you have manacled around Port Vale FC. Seriously and honestly from the bottom of my Valiant heart and from many ,many other likewise fans please put the Club etc up for sale at a reasonable, realistic price to allow yourself a dignified exit from your/our nightmare.

To be replaced by whom? Go and find your sugar daddy, then come back and start talking business to us.

Mike, the problem is that fans will either say:

*We need to get behind the Club/players/manager at this difficult time;

*Better the devil you know;

*At lest not in Admin;

*Where's this rich businessman?

* delete where applicable.

Firstly on one vale fan i doubt other than a handful of people anyone will say the above and lets not talk like OVF is the enlightened minority, its a moaners paradise. My only question on Smurf leaving is a viable alternative of which I dont see their being one at all. Synetics dont appear to be financially better than Smurf (if not worse off) and lacked conviction to get a deal done last time round (couple of bids inside a week and got mardy when Smurf ignored a few messages).If you only try for a week or so to get any form of fan backing before saying the owner cant work with you to get a deal done what will you be like when the muck and bullets of running the club start to hit home? If they really wanted it they could of easily started to apply pressure by getting fan support and visibility in the papers regularly like the angel of death looking over Smurfs shoulder. Instead they just stopped, doesnt lend itself to anything better than Smurf, who also quits when it gets too hard and throws the toys out.

That will be every fans real worry not losing Smurf (no great loss) however there must be a viable alternative.

Us? Why, are you Norman in disguise or one of his "yes" men?

Haha, delusions of grandure!

I don't understand the point about any other bidder needing funds. Norman himself is saying he won't fund the club going forward, he says it needs to be self sustainable. So extra funds dont come into it.

And even if Norman is putting in extra and topping up... I would rather someone who wasn't a ******* run the place on gate receipts alone.

Any argument that said there is no viable alternative is null and void, until the ******* in charge puts in on the market for a reasonable price we will never know... that's like saying that no one wants to by my old Samsung TV for £24,000

Haha, delusions of grandure!

I don’t understand the point about any other bidder needing funds. Norman himself is saying he won’t fund the club going forward, he says it needs to be self sustainable. So extra funds dont come into it.

And even if Norman is putting in extra and topping up... I would rather someone who wasn’t a ******* run the place on gate receipts alone.

Any argument that said there is no viable alternative is null and void, until the ******* in charge puts in on the market for a reasonable price we will never know... that’s like saying that no one wants to by my old Samsung TV for £24,000

Like it or not, Norman has put his own cash in to pay the bills over the past few years. You cannot deny that.

I think we should be sustainable but in an ideal world any new owner would have the means to put cash in upfront in order to get the ball rolling, and have some spare for emergencies.

Norman worships money so the Hugill money will be trousered quicker than you can say knife, he has an ego bigger than his head so as Adams and others have found out he's a swine to work for and his never lost a deal attitude shows him to always undercut anything and anyone to make the maximum profit for him himself caring little for the other party.He will never alter,his me me me attitude precludes him from seeing the other persons point of view as in his own mind he can do no wrong,on friendly terms with the seasiders owners so that should tell you more about him than I could possibly write here. As for Port Vale it's future is in the lap of the gods, if the club avoids relegation this season then it will be despite not because of our esteemed chairmans input. Therefore with these words I now rest my case your honour.

The idea of a 'sugar daddy' taking over the club is absurd. From what I've read and heard, all that Vale fans want is an owner that has a passion for the club,has a vision for its future,can engage with the fans,can run the club efficiently within budget and backs the Manager. There were two bidders last year who ticked all those boxes but Smurthwaite held out for 3.5 million or thereabouts. Well,in my view, he should pocket the money generated from the Hugill sale to offset his loans and offer the club for sale at a reasonable 1 million. He could then walk away with his head held high and with most,if not all, of the money he's put into the club.If you're reading this thread Mr Smurthwaite I urge you, for the good of the club,to stop being a dog in a manger,do the honourable thing and GO!!

Like it or not, Norman has put his own cash in to pay the bills over the past few years. You cannot deny that.

I think we should be sustainable but in an ideal world any new owner would have the means to put cash in upfront in order to get the ball rolling, and have some spare for emergencies.

But has said he won’t going forward, so all the people writing bidders off because they don’t have spare cash are using the wrong variable to discount them.

Until he puts the club on the market for a reasonable price we will never know and will unfortunately continue to slide.

Archived