onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

Serious though it was we were still a league club and when he took over sole charge we'd just got promoted to league one. The Club at that time had a clean slate, no debts and was an established league one team. Where are we now?

Relegation to non league would be the worst thing that has ever happened to Port Vale, going back to 1876. And he's put us on the brink.

We weren’t promoted in March 2012.The potless Wildes relied on OPM.Keith Ryder was the preferred bidder before then.He now sells Cloaks of Invisibility at Bury Market.

Advert

Not strictly correct Sage.We were in admin when he came.Should we start looking at the Administrator for answers and blame.V2001 and now.Not that good a track record eh?
Another way of looking at it is that he took over as Chairman in May 2013. Players and Adams were already under contract and delivered our highest finish since 04. Smurfs first stint at contracts was in pre season 2014. Our demise can be tracked back to that point.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Seems like some fans don't know what they want! one minute they want him to stay off twitter now they are screaming for him to 'engage' and start more *** for tat arguments!!

Make your mind up people!!

John what does it say when even your son who has backed Smurf to the hilt has started to call him poison and wants him as far away from Vale as possible.

The club is a complete shambles mate. And until he leaves it will just become more and more toxic.

Think about it, if any of us on here had the money Smurf has got and the life he had before Vale and you were facing the amount of grief he's now getting you would do your best to sell the club and return back to your easy life.

Why in god's name is he putting himself through all this grief, his family through it all, when all he has to do is hold his hands up admit he's failed and sell for a realistic figure.

Seems like some fans don't know what they want! one minute they want him to stay off twitter now they are screaming for him to 'engage' and start more *** for tat arguments!!

What do you want to happen?

Now that its become blatantly obvious that fans on OVF have been right about Smurf all this time (not that anyone takes any pleasure in that fact), are you prepared to accept you were wrong about him, and the club will be much better off without him?

I struggle to understand why someone that was so critical of v2001 (rightly so) can be supportive of someone that is turning out to be even worse than them. Why is that?

What sort of leadership does he display where he single handedly relegated us from L1, then decided to hide away from it all like a snivelling COWARD.

What he should have done was say "Sorry to the fans, they don't deserve this, I caused this. I will put this right with funds out of my own pocket" and bought some quality established players without his ridiculous directors loan approach. That January transfer window was absolutely disgraceful.

Everything he does is just wrong. It's mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake.

That's good, isn't it? After all we've literally been screaming at Norman to stay away from Twitter and other social media where PVFC is concerned and to do his talking via the official website.

Yes it is good, but not typical of him. I bet he is itching to have a pop back deep down. The main point of my post was that he couldn’t care less about the fans and hides like a coward when the going gets tough these days.

What sort of leadership does he display where he single handedly relegated us from L1, then decided to hide away from it all like a ************.

What he should have done was say "Sorry to the fans, they don't deserve this, I caused this. I will put this right with funds out of my own pocket" and bought some quality established players without his ridiculous directors loan approach. That January transfer window was absolutely disgraceful.

Everything he does is just wrong. It's mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake.

He did at least opt out and left it to his puppets Fradley and Garlick who did even more damage by giving Baldrick Brown a new contract.He at least had the sense to appoint Aspin and Rudge because the fans were crying out for them.He then lied about backing Aspin in the January transfer window but failed to back this up like last January.Just hope Aspin and Rudge stay around to try to get us out of this mess.

He did say in a pm to a few select folk over the Hugill transfer, he would let the fans talk twaddle for a bit then reappear and set out what he expects and wants from the club.

His words not mine.

Fans talk twaddle? Cheeky blighter! He must hold the world record and gold medal in twaddle!

What sort of leadership does he display where he single handedly relegated us from L1, then decided to hide away from it all like a ************.

I seem to remember thats exactly what he did end of last season he apologised on the radio to lee blakeman in an interview, stepped back from the club as fans wanted him to, gave the reigns to Garlick and Fradley, paid off all the players Brown didn't want, gave Brown money to invest in new players in the summer which he wasted on '****'

When it didn't work out in Oct sacked Brown (who he didn't appoint it was Garlick)

Installed Aspin and Rudge on the advice of Micky Adams backed by nearly 100% of Vale Fans who congratulated him to finally start making amends

Further backed Aspin in January by paying off players that Aspin didn't want and bringing 8 new players!!

these are Aspin's players he's signed Not Normans so a little time to bed in is needed

So to say he isn't trying to make amends for the mistakes he's made isn't true and yes I also think its time he put the club up for sale because no matter what he does its still not going to be enough to satisfy the 'Mob'culture

I told him two years ago to sell up when he told me he'd been (alledgedly) attacked on the car park and said then he was on a hiding to nothing staying and why would he put himself through all this ****

His answer was that he didn't want to fail and wanted to see through what he wanted for the club and its supporters!!

Personally, if it was me i'd have sold it and quietly gone off to Portugal because as iv'e said many times some fans will never be happy who runs the club FACT!!!

Archived