onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

So you think he may be ‘thingy’ aswell as unable to make a correct decision?Any person working or associated with Port Vale who gives info to outsiders should be sacked on the spot.Jean,you may find that is the case in the world of business.Nothing like a bit of gossip though eh?I’m sure you won’t be giving any names out anytime soon.

Sod it......I'm coming round to thinking your right,leave Smurthwaite alone unquestioned to do his work, We continue to slide out of the league,with 2nd rate loans 2nd rate players,injured and knackered players,your right, stop picking on him he's doing a grand job........

Just off for a lie down in a dark room to dream of a trip to Eastleigh.

Advert

Sod it......I'm coming round to thinking your right,leave Smurthwaite alone unquestioned to do his work, We continue to slide out of the league,with 2nd rate loans 2nd rate players,injured and knackered players,your right, stop picking on him he's doing a grand job........

Just off for a lie down in a dark room to dream of a trip to Eastleigh.

Being as you’ve gone off at a tangent,a lie down maybe a good choice.

So you think he may be ‘thingy’ aswell as unable to make a correct decision?Any person working or associated with Port Vale who gives info to outsiders should be sacked on the spot.Jean,you may find that is the case in the world of business.Nothing like a bit of gossip though eh?I’m sure you won’t be giving any names out anytime soon.
Wasn't it Smurf that shared the draft accounts? Pretty sure the accountants went mad and demanded they be removed from OVF.

Also, it was Smurf that shared the players wages and a whole host of other info with his select group last year.

Sack Smurf I say.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Right, I'm going off memory here.

Falcon Alliance is the Smurthwaites' company. Alchemy Land used to be one of Wildes' companies.

Falcon Alliance made loan(s) to Wildes' Alchemy Investment Group in 2012, in order to purchase the club and the stadium separately. I think AIG was the parent company of Alchemy Land and PVFC Ltd. Alchemy Land bought the stadium off the administrator. PVFC bought the football club from the administrator.

When Wildes left in the summer of 2013, Smurthwaite ended up acquiring a lot of Wildes' businesses (long story). FA acquired AL and became its parent company. All the other directors resigned and NS was appointed.

It isn't straightforward, and the shenanigans in 2013 with PW and NS complicated it yet further. A lot of the companies have been or were vehicles for something else before they became involved with Vale. if you look at the name history Alchemy Land used to be called W Hotels or something like that.

No he isn’t.The hard facts were referring to the ‘thingy’ business dealings people are accusing him of.That has nowt to do with what you are talking about.

All I have ever accused him of is sheer incompetence, he is a rubbish custodian. Full stop.

What he is also doing is charging the Vale for his incompetence via directors loans, which he then is building into the price for the club.

This means that we are lumbered with his incompetence and a family club and community legacy is being ruined because he rufuses to ‘lose on a deal’

In terms of a dodgy deal, I don’t think he is doing anything illegal... he may be doing something immoral given the care and love the people have for the club and how badly he is treating it... that’s Norman’s choice, and if he can look his daughter in the face with prose and say he ruined a legacy and that’s how he will be known, then that’s on him.

If he is doing something dodgy, then I really feel for the bloke, as I know many of the people on here won’t stop until it’s uncovered... and if it is I fear the repercussions.

Wasn't it Smurf that shared the draft accounts? Pretty sure the accountants went mad and demanded they be removed from OVF.

Also, it was Smurf that shared the players wages and a whole host of other info with his select group last year.

Sack Smurf I say.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Correct,sack Smurthwaite and bar the select few from the club.Win win?

I'm not sure what you're on about giving names out, Howjy. All of the info I've referred to in my post is readily available at Companies House - it's nothing to do with club insiders giving out info?

The company which took over the club in November 2012 was PVFC Ltd. It had previously been Woodlands Hotel Trading. PVFC Ltd never produced any accounts. A new company, Port Vale Football Club Ltd was incorporated in 2014. I have no idea why that was done. In April 2014 another new company, Port Vale Retail was set up. It changed its accounting date twice but never produced any accounts and was then dissolved. I have no idea why that was done. The ground is owned by Alchemy Land which has tangible fixed assets it its last accounts of £700,000. This is clearly Vale Park and was bought with a loan from Falcon Alliance according to the accounts.

I am not an accountant so I have no idea why there are all these convoluted goings on but the whole process seems rather less than straightforward.

Falcon Alliance is the Smurthwaites' company. Alchemy Land used to be one of Wildes' companies.

Falcon Alliance made loan(s) to Wildes' Alchemy Investment Group in 2012, in order to purchase the club and the stadium separately. I think AIG was the parent company of Alchemy Land and PVFC Ltd. Alchemy Land bought the stadium off the administrator. PVFC bought the football club from the administrator.

When Wildes left in the summer of 2013, Smurthwaite ended up acquiring a lot of Wildes' businesses (long story). FA acquired AL and became its parent company. All the other directors resigned and NS was appointed.

It isn't straightforward, and the shenanigans in 2013 with PW and NS complicated it yet further. A lot of the companies have been or were vehicles for something else before they became involved with Vale. if you look at the name history Alchemy Land used to be called W Hotels or something like that.

Ahhhh. That all makes sense now :laugh:

Seems as coherent, sensible, and well-thought out as Norm's tenure as PVFC chairman. Cheers.

Where’s Fairground Attraction when you need him?Jean,you know aswell as I that you get info from the club that may or may not have to be kept in confidence.What starts as something totally innocent may escalate to something out of control.Your integrity is not in question here.I’m not sure if that can be said of everyone.A bit off topic Jean.My father was a very astute businessman.Just before he died,he said we would need a California lawyer to sort his business and finances.Oh what a tangled web we weave is probably the best description I can come up with.

I said this on another thread yesterday but it disappeared.

He really needs to go now even if just to galvanise the fan base. Gallifreyan Valiant mentioned that he may be out for revenge for the abuse his daughter took on here from grown men. That was about the time I had to start siding with the man. It was big ugly grown men abusing a young girl, a disgrace at the time to be honest.

So I ask you Smurf (if you are reading), just sell up to Synectics, its what the most vocal want. I am not as sure but at least when/if they cannot fund the club to the levels of expectation and we don't climb the leagues you can sit back and say I told you so and it won't be your fault anymore.

Archived