onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

No I didn't say that.

It's exhausting sifting through the ****, the lies, the drama to try and work out a truth. There are many truths based on the available evidence. Simply saying 'oh he's trousered that money' - with zero evidence is not good enough for me.

There is evidence of incompetence I admit, such as league position, squad, number of managers. That is quantifiable proof that something must change.

What do you suggest RB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advert

Could Synetics not align with the Supporters Club in some way in order to help give their cause a bit of momentum. It would help to put pressure on Smurfwaite and a SC campaign backed by Synetics would automatically take away that argument that no-body is out there. The SC helped to gather momentum against V2001 before and they could do it again, this time backed by new prospective owners. No one can control Smurfwaite's actions but we could begin doing a damn sight more to put pressure on him. Carol Shenahan already has good links with many community interests in Burslem so I'm sure she'd have no problem making contact with the SC.

That was an entirely different 'ball game' back then with V2001 having to defend itself from several fronts with dynamic leadership anchoring the various campaigns.

Removing V2001 was easy compared to a single person with plenty of pelf and control to dig in for the duration and beyond.

Still, if as you suggest came to fruition then who knows what would follow?

What do you suggest RB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there's too much water under the bridge for him to stay, but too much at risk for him to not prop us up in league 2.

I believe he will see if Aspin can get us up next season and try and flog the club in league 1.

I think there's too much water under the bridge for him to stay, but too much at risk for him to not prop us up in league 2.

I believe he will see if Aspin can get us up next season and try and flog the club in league 1.

When he came he told us he had enough cash to get us into the Championship. Now it seems he is unsure he wants to "spend" any cash keeping us in the Football League. Surely he must realise soon that he's just not cut out for this job?

When he came he told us he had enough cash to get us into the Championship. Now it seems he is unsure he wants to "spend" any cash keeping us in the Football League. Surely he must realise soon that he's just not cut out for this job?

This is my major problem,its not how much money he puts in and someone must be paying invoices etc.its the fact he can't run a football club,he has failed at every level,and I'm afraid he will continue to fail and and the consequences of that worry me.

Could Synetics not align with the Supporters Club in some way in order to help give their cause a bit of momentum. It would help to put pressure on Smurfwaite and a SC campaign backed by Synetics would automatically take away that argument that no-body is out there. The SC helped to gather momentum against V2001 before and they could do it again, this time backed by new prospective owners. No one can control Smurfwaite's actions but we could begin doing a damn sight more to put pressure on him. Carol Shenahan already has good links with many community interests in Burslem so I'm sure she'd have no problem making contact with the SC.

Very good suggestion and points.

Synectics won't align with any anti-Smurf movement at the moment due to Ms Shanahan's involvement with the Foundation Trust thing.

Synectics won't align with any anti-Smurf movement at the moment due to Ms Shanahan's involvement with the Foundation Trust thing.

This the new one that was set up after Smurthwaite kicked the original one out for not following his orders?

Did you miss the January window where our manager, off the back of a great month, struggled to get any of his transfer targets as we were outbid by clubs at the same level as us (Miller, Dodds, 20/30 defenders), on smaller fanbases, and then lost a decent defender to the side 91/92 in the FL? Thats why mood has turned; Smurf has just made £2.2m over 12 months and we're not seeing the reinvestment into the playing squad or the matchday experience.

If you think this is down to drawing at home with Morecambe, and not the rot thats set into the club over the last 18 months (exemplified by the sub 4000 attendance and mute atmosphere in the Morecambe game), then there's only one person on here spouting unimaginative cack.

Add to that, was the owner away in the January window ?

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Why would Norman want to stay ? It is costing him money, his words . Therefore on his logic the more he spends on the club the more he wants when he sells it. As no one wanted to pay anywhere near his last valuation surely his best option is to sell at the going rate and take the Hugill money.

So what are Norman's plans ? He has been unusually quiet lately.

Why would Norman want to stay ? It is costing him money, his words . Therefore on his logic the more he spends on the club the more he wants when he sells it. As no one wanted to pay anywhere near his last valuation surely his best option is to sell at the going rate and take the Hugill money.

So what are Norman's plans ? He has been unusually quiet lately.

Read my post above. If we are to understand the Hugill money is over a 3 - 4 year period how can he take the Hugill money, unless he over inflates the asking price (what ever that may be) to include the forthcoming Hugill money.

Read my post above. If we are to understand the Hugill money is over a 3 - 4 year period how can he take the Hugill money, unless he over inflates the asking price (what ever that may be) to include the forthcoming Hugill money.

I would have thought he could agree a deal with potential buyer that incoming Hugill money goes to him.

Archived