onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

Advert

I don't understand your logic at all. So we can't discount people based on their financial position because Norman is currently not putting money into the club even though he has put millions in over the past few years? What has that got to do with whether or not Synectics can afford to take on the club?

My logic is this.

There are a number of factors that will make someone a good owner.

I’m not sure whether Synectics are the right answer. But people are writing them off because they say that they don’t have the money to fund the club over and above the revenue the club earns.

These same people are then saying that norman should be left alone to see if he can turn the club around. But he also won’t put any more money in over and above what revenue the club earns.

So Synectics are being discounted for doing the same thing the current owner will do.

Again, I’m not saying they are the right answer, but to write them off for doing exactly what will happen if they don’t take over doesn’t make any sense to me.

That’s like saying... “I don’t want an omelette for my breakfast because I don’t like eggs, I will stick with scrambled eggs please.”

Anyone wanting to know how to run a FC and engage with fans should read this guy's Twitter

https://twitter.com/andyhholt?lang=en

The only question that I have for any would-be Smurfettes is what are his achievements in 5 years?

**** all IMO.

Which is fine when the club is doing well!! lets see what happens when you struggle!!

You Have to admire everything about Accrington a very small club in the football league but they seem to do no wrong and over achieve nearly every season

Take a look at all the struggling clubs like ourselves and go on their messageboards the fans are just as toxic and all demand change

Not everyone can be top of the league which makes our game so great if it was easy we still all couldn't do it!!

My logic is this.

There are a number of factors that will make someone a good owner.

I’m not sure whether Synectics are the right answer. But people are writing them off because they say that they don’t have the money to fund the club over and above the revenue the club earns.

These same people are then saying that norman should be left alone to see if he can turn the club around. But he also won’t put any more money in over and above what revenue the club earns.

So Synectics are being discounted for doing the same thing the current owner will do.

Again, I’m not saying they are the right answer, but to write them off for doing exactly what will happen if they don’t take over doesn’t make any sense to me.

That’s like saying... “I don’t want an omelette for my breakfast because I don’t like eggs, I will stick with scrambled eggs please.”

More like I'm not sure what kind of breakfast Synthetics will serve, but I don't like eggs so I'm going to stick with this **** sandwich called Smurthwaite.

Which is fine when the club is doing well!! lets see what happens when you struggle!!

You Have to admire everything about Accrington a very small club in the football league but they seem to do no wrong and over achieve nearly every season

Take a look at all the struggling clubs like ourselves and go on their messageboards the fans are just as toxic and all demand change

Not everyone can be top of the league which makes our game so great if it was easy we still all couldn't do it!!

Not sure what "over-achieve" means.

Surely you just mean achieve?

AS is an incredible Club with a great Chairman and a manager. Ours is a great Club with a great manager with a ***** as owner.

I would think that the main reason why some of the so called lesser clubs do better than Vale on less revenue is that they actually sign on decent players, whether they are young non leaguers or ex pros that are going through the Leagues.

The likes of Stanley etc seem to have willing, capable units made up of cheap players in general that are coached correctly.

The saddest thing is there's loads of people on here with genuine passion and concern about the future (and existence) of our club.

If we ever aired these views at or after a game, however, you all know exactly the sort of response many fans would level at us.

The saddest thing is there's loads of people on here with genuine passion and concern about the future (and existence) of our club.

If we ever aired these views at or after a game, however, you all know exactly the sort of response many fans would level at us.

Perhaps those people are just as passionate and concerned as you and others but share a different opinion? Is that something you can comprehend?

Perhaps those people are just as passionate and concerned as you and others but share a different opinion? Is that something you can comprehend?
So they're concerned about our future / existence, but believe Smurf is the person to get us out of this mess? If they believe so, what are they concerned about? If people support Smurf, they must be of the opinion that he's not to blame, and they've seen something in him that gives them faith in his ability to run the club well. Based on his tenure, I'd love to know what it is that they've seen.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

So they're concerned about our future / existence, but believe Smurf is the person to get us out of this mess? If they believe so, what are they concerned about? If people support Smurf, they must be of the opinion that he's not to blame, and they've seen something in him that gives them faith in his ability to run the club well. Based on his tenure, I'd love to know what it is that they've seen.

But it isn't as black and white as that. You don't have to be in one camp or the other. Nobody I know supports Smurf, we all support Port Vale. Some people are concerned about how the owner is running things and some people have no concerns. Having no concerns doesn't make you a Smurf supporter, it just means you are a Port Vale supporter with no concerns about the owner. I know it would be easier for those who seem intent on splitting the fan base to have Smurf haters vs Smurf lovers but there just isn't that divide. Stop trying to create it. (Not you personally but anyone who uses the terms 'Smurfettes or Smurf Lovers etc)

But it isn't as black and white as that. You don't have to be in one camp or the other. Nobody I know supports Smurf, we all support Port Vale. Some people are concerned about how the owner is running things and some people have no concerns. Having no concerns doesn't make you a Smurf supporter, it just means you are a Port Vale supporter with no concerns about the owner. I know it would be easier for those who seem intent on splitting the fan base to have Smurf haters vs Smurf lovers but there just isn't that divide. Stop trying to create it. (Not you personally but anyone who uses the terms 'Smurfettes or Smurf Lovers etc)

:clap: Absolutely SV1876, this is not as simple as a binary type conversation i.e. us v them.

People say those things out of frustration, as do people that come out with anti Smurf brigade etc etc. I get what you're saying, I really do, but when the club is declining in the way that it is due to one man (who doesn't help unity by the way, in many of his statements he uses the phrase, "true Vale fans" "keyboard warriors and "one moan fan" etc) and there's no end in sight to his disastrous ownership, then desperation kicks in. Understandably.

Archived