onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

Tony, this has been going on for a few years now . Am I overreacting to the situation at the club?People like yourself and Jean know more about the working gears, so if I’m out of line I’ll leave it alone. The club is not in good shape right now , and that worries me. I don’t trust NS will change that for the better .

No, you’re not overreacting. I understand your feelings. In a way, it’s like the folks who have to sit in the cold watching the Vale, getting frustrated and booing. In this case, you are aiming your feelings at Norman. I’ll get flak for this, in view of numerous comments already, but until someone puts another bid on the table, there’s nothing we can do or say. Let’s just hope that the people who run the club on a daily basis (on and off the field) make good decisions and do their jobs.

My main aim is to show Neil Aspin that we’re 100% behind him.

Advert

So where have you all been? I wanted Smurf out last season, ever since he got rid of Paul Wylie the club has been in decline, Smurf will not get another penny out of me I said I would not renew my ST & I have not stepped inside VP since the end of last season, hopefully Neil Aspen keep the Vale up but with 1 hand tied behind his back who knows, the only way for the Vale to improve is to get rid we have done it before & it can be done again. Nowag.:yes:

No, you’re not overreacting. I understand your feelings. In a way, it’s like the folks who have to sit in the cold watching the Vale, getting frustrated and booing. In this case, you are aiming your feelings at Norman. I’ll get flak for this, in view of numerous comments already, but until someone puts another bid on the table, there’s nothing we can do or say. Let’s just hope that the people who run the club on a daily basis (on and off the field) make good decisions and do their jobs.

My main aim is to show Neil Aspin that we’re 100% behind him.

The thing is he’s had 2 perfectly reasonable offers and wouldn’t even sit down to have a proper negotiation. Nobody is going to offer any more than has already been offered so we are stuck with him. There’s a good many who have just given up and there will be more next season and more the season after. He doesn’t care so why should so many fans?

See what Smurf is intending to do with the Hugil money - oh wait that is being paid over three years, so will have to wait for 3 years before he goes not doubt.

Wish the Board and Smurf would clarify what they are going to do with this money. Will it be used to get some better players in or be pocketed by Smurf.

Will the club last three years???

The thing is he’s had 2 perfectly reasonable offers and wouldn’t even sit down to have a proper negotiation. Nobody is going to offer any more than has already been offered so we are stuck with him. There’s a good many who have just given up and there will be more next season and more the season after. He doesn’t care so why should so many fans?

The value of the whole club has decreased in the last 12 months and will decrease even more.Decreased in value but debts(mainly to him) have increaced.No chance that any bigger offer will be made.

I never liked the man at the very first supporters meeting and ,although all our family have renewed season tickets each year,I have had enough of the man.Vale Park,apart from the shop,has declined in to a dump of a ground.Walking along the rear of Bycars in the mud, to get to the modern Lorne St is no fun in the winter.I can't believe how the ground has got to such a state since Smurf took over.The disgusting way he appears to have treated the players over the years has resulted in WHAT HE DESERVES,FAILURE!!!The FANS don't deserve this *******.Take your money from Preston and sod off down to your beloved Coventry.

See what Smurf is intending to do with the Hugil money - oh wait that is being paid over three years, so will have to wait for 3 years before he goes not doubt.

Wish the Board and Smurf would clarify what they are going to do with this money. Will it be used to get some better players in or be pocketed by Smurf.

Or add it to his price for him to leave before. the payments would then go to the new owners.

Or add it to his price for him to leave before. the payments would then go to the new owners.
When Synectics made a 2nd bid in May, Smurf said that their revised offer would damage the club, or words to that effect. The assumption of many at the time was that the offer stayed the same, but upcoming transfer income (smith / hugill) goes to Smurf. I'd love to know what he found so potentially damaging.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

He is already over valuing the club with his already added loans.Adding even more cost will not attract any new buyers.We are in a very very long dark tunnel.

The biggest thing that he has created that works to his advantage fan wise is apathy.

I’ll get flak for this, in view of numerous comments already, but until someone puts another bid on the table, there’s nothing we can do or say.

The issue with this is that norman has made it clear that he wants a ridiculous amount for the club, so no one will come forward to buy it.

He has ruined the club. I’m sure he hates the moment he ever got involved. But his own pig headedness and ego means he will drag the club down rather than admit he doesn’t have the capability to turn the situation around. Screw the fans, screw the club... as long as Norman is alright that’s all he cares about.

I want Smurf out and have done for some time. A successful business grows and is sustainable. A football business is based upon results. So far the business of Port Vale FC has fallen in value. The results on the pitch have been woeful.

I can't even give too much credit to the Aspin appointment. If we take off our "Aspin is god" and loom past his legendary status with the Vale, we have employed a non-league manager.

I am not looking for a new owner who has money but someone who can drive the club forward, not backwards as we have at the moment. Business know-how, engaging the fans and the community plus contacts on football are all an essential. Synectics have all of the above and in my opinion will at least stabilise the fall from grace.

My worries are that the damage is already done and the club is broken to the extent that it may take years to recover.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

The issue with this is that norman has made it clear that he wants a ridiculous amount for the club, so no one will come forward to buy it.

He has ruined the club. I’m sure he hates the moment he ever got involved. But his own pig headedness and ego means he will drag the club down rather than admit he doesn’t have the capability to turn the situation around. Screw the fans, screw the club... as long as Norman is alright that’s all he cares about.

But his 'Pig headedness' will only keep costing him more money.

Archived