onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Out

Houston Valiant

My main beef with the man is that he unnecessarily gambled and lost our League One status with a hare brained scheme that no proper football person would have touched with a barge pole.And in doing so, he put our status as a Football League club at genuine risk.

It's a pretty toxic mix of incompetence and arrogance that he has. He doesn't get football. He won't get football. I don't think he has any sort of plan or structure to rebuild what he's collapsed in the last 18 months.

Advert

We might get lucky this year and avoid relegation, but next season if he's still here will be just the same long hard slog where we won't have any quality on the pitch and crowds will drop and drop.

He's had a fair few quid now from player sales and still won't back the manager.

I honestly can't understand why he's still here or wants to be here? Put it up for sale ************ and get as far away from Burslem as you can get.

We might get lucky this year and avoid relegation, but next season if he's still here will be just the same long hard slog where we won't have any quality on the pitch and crowds will drop and drop.

He's had a fair few quid now from player sales and still won't back the manager.

I honestly can't understand why he's still here or wants to be here? Put it up for sale ************ and get as far away from Burslem as you can get.

Spot on !Luckily all the buggers at the bottom have a mixed run in and I think FGR(sorry Mad Gav) and Barnet will be for the drop.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Unfortunately the money from Hugill will keep Smurf here for at least another 3 years, this will enable Vale to have the budget without him having to put his hands in his pockets while still stroking his ego in the fact he has a football club and can enjoy his corporate days out. The budget needed in the Conference will be lower so he’s not bothered what happens to us. Port Vale is going through a slow death and as previously stated there will be less and less fans to witness it.

It's the hope that kills

Call me naive or a dreamer but it's the thought of discovering the next jimmy greaves that kept me going all this time.

If the hugill money is not going to improve the product ie: team, then my hope will go.

Transfer fees not improving the team, no future investment in the team.

Could have guardiola in the dugout, and it wouldn't make a difference

Never felt so low about the club

Firstly on one vale fan i doubt other than a handful of people anyone will say the above and lets not talk like OVF is the enlightened minority, its a moaners paradise. My only question on Smurf leaving is a viable alternative of which I dont see their being one at all. Synetics dont appear to be financially better than Smurf (if not worse off) and lacked conviction to get a deal done last time round (couple of bids inside a week and got mardy when Smurf ignored a few messages).If you only try for a week or so to get any form of fan backing before saying the owner cant work with you to get a deal done what will you be like when the muck and bullets of running the club start to hit home? If they really wanted it they could of easily started to apply pressure by getting fan support and visibility in the papers regularly like the angel of death looking over Smurfs shoulder. Instead they just stopped, doesnt lend itself to anything better than Smurf, who also quits when it gets too hard and throws the toys out.

That will be every fans real worry not losing Smurf (no great loss) however there must be a viable alternative.

You answered your own question there, how can Synetics, or anyone else for that matter, engage with Smurthwaite when, by your own admission, he ignores their messages.

See what Smurf is intending to do with the Hugil money - oh wait that is being paid over three years, so will have to wait for 3 years before he goes not doubt.

Wish the Board and Smurf would clarify what they are going to do with this money. Will it be used to get some better players in or be pocketed by Smurf.

If by what Micky Adams said about Smurf's dealings with the Preston Chairman, How on earth could we trust him to sell the club. I can only see relegation within the next 3 years with him at the helm.

If closure doesn't come first. I wouldn't put it past him to liquidate the club if he thought it was in his interests.

Oh dear, Sean, what have you started? :doh:

I agree with Conrad and with SuperValiant1876. That's all I have to say about that...

Tony, this has been going on for a few years now . Am I overreacting to the situation at the club?People like yourself and Jean know more about the working gears, so if I’m out of line I’ll leave it alone. The club is not in good shape right now , and that worries me. I don’t trust NS will change that for the better .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think he will go now the hugill moneys lining his pockets. no one wants to deal with norman anymore and who was it who once said only a fool repeats the same mistakes time and again expecting things to change.only signed rudge and aspin to get himself off the hook. Out for me 100%

He may have gone had he got all the money in one lump sum

Archived