onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why does the club keep losing money????

butt lane vale fan

Vale make it so difficult for casual supporters to turn up and buy a ticket.They expect fans to queue up in the freezing cold to buy tickets.

So most people can't be bothered to come and that is lost revenue.

Not this old chestnut again. They used to queue up at the turnstiles to pay on the gate. What's the difference?

Advert

Not this old chestnut again. They used to queue up at the turnstiles to pay on the gate. What's the difference?

The difference is simple. Do you attend any games?

You first have to queue up at the ticket office to buy a ticket and then queue up again at the turnstiles to get in. If the queues are long then it is a clear disincentive for the casual fan.

I'm a season ticket holder and have been for 55 years but I can see all too easily why the casual fan is frustrated.

Even the bloody turnstiles, 50-60 years old and rusting with age, take ages to turn!

A few weeks ago at the Oxford cup game I had a look around me at half time in the Paddock and then I looked again and I realised that I was in a crowd full of Seth Bottomley's, old, wizened and wrinkly and I was one of them. Unless we can attract the lost generation we are doomed, we will be like niche novelty enthusiasts a bit like those into steam engines or folk music and suchlike. I can hear my Grand kids "Granddad were you one of those old men who used to go to football matches"? I feel nigh on useless offering an observation over a solution- any suggestions?

I think it was the Yeovil game a few weeks ago something bizarre was going on at the Railway Stand turnstiles.

The stewards outside were telling people with season tickets to go through the non-season ticket turnstile, and those with other tickets to go through the season ticket turnstile. This was all because there was a problem with the barcode readers or something.

Which is fair enough, but then I thought to myself, they're handheld scanners, why not just swap them around? Unless there was something really obvious I missed.

I think it was the Yeovil game a few weeks ago something bizarre was going on at the Railway Stand turnstiles.

The stewards outside were telling people with season tickets to go through the non-season ticket turnstile, and those with other tickets to go through the season ticket turnstile. This was all because there was a problem with the barcode readers or something.

Which is fair enough, but then I thought to myself, they're handheld scanners, why not just swap them around? Unless there was something really obvious I missed.

Seems strange that a scanner wouldn’t scan the code on a plastic ticket but would on a paper one.

mismanagement. poor marketing and we have a chairman who knows more about quantum mechanics than football and its fans... if the product isnt on the pitch the flock will stay away. it happened recently at a big club - sheffield united. i went there with a friend 4 seasons back in the cup on a cold november night. 33k stadium had 5k fans in. they are not stupid norm. you pay peanuts. you get monkeys. and you also get a dwindling gate. end of.

Mindless no, Smurfs a weapon but Vale fans on here don’t see the big picture. Vales overheads due to infrastructure (stadium, academy, squad, police for being in the town centre etc) are a lot higher than most clubs in this league so that will take up the extra 1000 or So Gate receipts more than other clubs get. Something smurf has neither created or can solve and is unlikely to decrease anytime soon.

Smurf is very likely no richer than most owners in this league, he’s not really that minted and, isn’t a fan and isn’t a particularly great businessman.

Fans whether you want to admit it or not are not the most loyal, we all hear the it’s a poor area blah blah blah excuse after excuse from so called fans week in week out, different owner, different league but the same old **** excuses why they can’t go.

There is no way PVFC can currently be run as a viable business, a huge marketing department and campaign could cost millions and likely deliver very little. There is no minted fan looking to invest.

The reality we can get a nicer owner than we have that is far more pc, polite and quiet in the press. However the chance of them having more money to create an amazing team, marketing department and easily running costs is little to none. Some times smurf is openly honest ( the running costs comment about the Hugill money) some times he’s dishonest with transfer expectations but that the world we live in, the sport we love and how many players that weren’t for sale have been sold by chairmen across the country in the last 4 weeks.....

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

One of the most ridiculous comments I've ever seen on this board. Wow.

Before Norman came in, the administrators were running the club at a profit. How can they do it after a few weeks and Norman can't in 4 years and having wasted £4m+ that he wants back.

We are going absolutely nowhere apart from down with Norman at the helm. The man hasn't got a clue and is too arrogant to see this.

I remember not long after Smurf took over there was an open question time.He had said earlier he was struggling to get to grips with the business of running a football club.It was more costly than he thought.I suggested that he gets an investor in alongside him.To help with the finances.Someone who knows and understands how a football club is run.His reply was "Why should I"

One of the most ridiculous comments I've ever seen on this board. Wow.

Before Norman came in, the administrators were running the club at a profit. How can they do it after a few weeks and Norman can't in 4 years and having wasted £4m+ that he wants back.

We are going absolutely nowhere apart from down with Norman at the helm. The man hasn't got a clue and is too arrogant to see this.

they did it because they slashed the wage bill by getting rid of players and backroom staff

Archived