onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

the club has no ambition part 2

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

Part of our club is the manager and I am sure Aspo has ambitions to keep this club in L2 this season and also SIR Rudge will also have ambitions for the future of the vale. The only lack of ambition is in the clubs finances which stops us from bringing in decent players to make us contenders to progress . I can only assume that the funds provided for the January window were not good enough to sign anybody with good calibre so our managers hands were tied to what type of players we could bring in which in turn is why he is turning to non league players because the coffers are not there to buy anything better

a few years back i said the club had no ambition im glad to see that since then nothing has changed. can we have a new owner please

What the club lacks is not necessarily ambition, but direction in how it is run. The first thing the club needs to do is live within its means. If that means that we cannot afford players like Gunning then so be it. But the problem over the last few years is having an owner who, even by his own admission, knows sweet FA about the game. His appointments of Bruno and Brown were disastrous decisions and his interference in signing players on agents advice only confirmed his naivety. It is not lack of ambition, as Smurfthwaite would have loved to have done well with the appointment of Ribeiro if only to show he knew what he was doing and to rub his critics noses in it. It has all gone t*ts up due to Smurfthwaites lack of knowledge, not lack of ambition. Unfortunately someone else has to pick up the pieces and try to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. To say the job as manager is a poisoned chalice is an understatement. Years of mis- management have resulted in our current predicament, not lack of ambition.

Unfortunately we have a club ran by someone with no interest or ambition. I believe Aspin and Rudge have lots of ambition, the big problem is how long will they remain.

That's concerning me too,as it's appears to me that the owner is going back on his promise to fund our league 2 survival.It was a ploy to get Aspo signed up,as he wanted to get back in favour with the fans.It will all fall flat on Wednesday evening and the Vale will,as they've done since Smurf took ownership,struggle on for the last 4 months of the season.

What the club lacks is not necessarily ambition, but direction in how it is run. The first thing the club needs to do is live within its means. If that means that we cannot afford players like Gunning then so be it. But the problem over the last few years is having an owner who, even by his own admission, knows sweet FA about the game. His appointments of Bruno and Brown were disastrous decisions and his interference in signing players on agents advice only confirmed his naivety. It is not lack of ambition, as Smurfthwaite would have loved to have done well with the appointment of Ribeiro if only to show he knew what he was doing and to rub his critics noses in it. It has all gone t*ts up due to Smurfthwaites lack of knowledge, not lack of ambition. Unfortunately someone else has to pick up the pieces and try to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. To say the job as manager is a poisoned chalice is an understatement. Years of mis- management have resulted in our current predicament, not lack of ambition.

no its quite clearly devoid of ambition. whether the chairman knows what hes doing or not weve never gone that extra mile for a player and that wont change until there is a change of ownership. prove me wrong

no its quite clearly devoid of ambition. whether the chairman knows what hes doing or not weve never gone that extra mile for a player and that wont change until there is a change of ownership. prove me wrong

You don’t have to spend oodles of cash to be successful, but you do have to be well run. Clearly we’re not. Look at Accy in our league. Burton in the Championship and certainly not least Burnley in the Greed Is Good. The foundations have to be solid, otherwise even the grandest building will collapse. Get the basics right first, because if you don’t, you have little chance of success.

Separate the player & wage from the football industry and the earnings are high against any other business corporations (possibly director level) - Now add the corporate business man to the football world and he doesn't value the player & wage he earns for the job he does...

Think that's where Norman is at meaning we have to pan for gold downstream looking for nuggets but to maximise the chance you need a lot of cheap personnel as 1 strike and profit will be made 2 and its a defo success...if we don't get any simple change personell and repeat all the time charging them rent to pan will keep the business ticking over

Now a footballing corporate business man will,

Maximise turnover from all revenue streams

Invest in a team with less risk which would include experienced heads if needed less is more like having a squad of 15/16 1st 11 ready players-lets say up to 70k ea which would max total £1.12 m

Fill the rest with promising youth or loan deals which suit--of course adjust the sliding scale to suit for any players not max @ 70K goes back in the pot if the budget is less reduce the experience players to suit poss minimum 13...

Gamble with a few youngsters where needed to prepare them either now or in the future if a player is set to leave, try to keep whats good but sell if a too good to offer comes in and re-invest .

As the team is settled the chance of a replacement being found are high as 1 position not loads will be the focus + the added benefit of selling when we are ready to- then repeat

it aint hard and not always guaranteed to work but one thing is for sure we would not be this low in the league as we will always have a solid base to work from

Now a footballing corporate business man will,

Maximise turnover from all revenue streams

Invest in a team with less risk which would include experienced heads if needed less is more like having a squad of 15/16 1st 11 ready players-lets say up to 70k ea which would max total £1.12 m

Fill the rest with promising youth or loan deals which suit--of course adjust the sliding scale to suit for any players not max @ 70K goes back in the pot if the budget is less reduce the experience players to suit poss minimum 13...

Gamble with a few youngsters where needed to prepare them either now or in the future if a player is set to leave, try to keep whats good but sell if a too good to offer comes in and re-invest .

As the team is settled the chance of a replacement being found are high as 1 position not loads will be the focus + the added benefit of selling when we are ready to- then repeat

it aint hard and not always guaranteed to work but one thing is for sure we would not be this low in the league as we will always have a solid base to work from

Its the end of the the season ticket offer on the 31st I think,what a push on that theres been,little or no publicity,little or no marketing,Was it advertised on our wonderful electronic scoreboard? Was it announced over the tannoy? Smurthwaites not interested the man will kill this club.

Hey up Raywalkers 40 yarder i agree with what you are saying mate its going backwards quicker than a bloke in a nightclub who has being chatting up a woman in a nightclub and her boyfriend who is a nutter as being watching and listening while standing by the bar furthur on and she tells the bloke whos chatting her up thats my boyfriend and he realises who he is and Oh dear .

Better get out of there quickly .

Its disappointing aint it and just think when we went fleetwood away and won 5-2 with doddsy scoring twice and u drove like starsky and Hutch and the players werent getting paid as we were in adminstration .

The joy then to the despair now .

I dont know what else say but let your encouragement be great and hopefully we can turn the corner .

A new owner wouldnt go amiss as this cannot carry on .

UTV

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I'm no fan of Norman but I fail to see who else could come in and have the finance to take the club forward.

Better the devil you know?

I understand where you are coming from I really do,BUT if a realistic price was put on the club who knows who might come forward thats the uncertainty, however with Smurthwaite in charge it is certain we will sink further down, if thats possible.

Archived