onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

I wasn't watching you're right. I found it more interesting to check my acca on my phone than the ***** on the pitch. I really couldn't give a **** how many games you've been to or how many you're going to go to.

Second half was marginally better but you have not answered my request to comment on Vale's performances this year!!!

Given your replies why on earth would I wish to enter into any discussion with you.

Vale badly needed the three points today, let's leave it at that.

Advert

I don’t think we deserved to lose, we created as much (or as little) as them. But it’s a scrap at this level.

Jules was awful. I’d agree with one of the callers on P&G who said his attitude looked wrong, I thought it did too. You need commitment and desire and his body language was awful at times. On that note Im going to go back to VIAs calls the other day to drop Smith and Gibbons for being poor. We’ve seen players come in from higher and better levels like Pyke, Stobbs, Jules and Wilson and they’ve all struggled whilst those 2 homegrown players look comfortable and for me have been a long way from poor. I thought they were both steady again today, Gibbons is slowly getting back there after his ban. A couple of dodgy passes aside, but I’ve said before he’s looks a different type of full back to many in this league as he tries to play. He just needs to learn when to play and when to hoof it. He supported the attack well and was a threat all game overlapping Worral. Smith won his battles with their forwards and was defensively good one on one and Raglan slotted in nicely as well and he was my MOTM.

Where we are struggling is getting around Pope and having the quality in that last third. Whitfield hasn’t hit the form he had for those few games before his injury. Hannant did more in that first 20 mins of the second half on the left than anyone has done there in 2018, yet for me Hannant is a fitter version of Kay and Tonge, someone with bags of energy but without the desired quality we need to change games. But in the end we’re relying on Pope, whoever’s on the wing and probably Gibbons to provide something up front, that’s a big ask week in week out. We need more from other areas too.

We got some excellent crosses in to the box, into good areas too but we couldn’t make anything of them aside from some half chances. But having said that there are 2 teams on the pitch and we won’t be given anything easily.

Basically we are stuck with what we have and it’s how Aspin can shuffle the pack.

Our pitch is truly dreadful as well, it’s an embarrassment.

I wonder what's the fans feelings towards the manager would be if it were someone different than Aspin?

They would want him hung if it were someone other than aspin, nothing to fear though, norman will do EVERYTHING in his power to stop us being relegates, I am not concerned one little bit.

Jules is by far the worst excuse for a footballer I've ever seen . Seriously just before half time, after a dreadfully inept performance again, he was just standing on the half way line blankly staring into space with his arms draped down the sides of his body. He was TOTALLY disinterested. You could see by his unacceptable attitude he was not wishing to play left back. Come on Aspin I realise you took him off in the 2nd half but he actually was miles out of his depth and should not have even been allowed to remain on the pitch in the 1 st half. Utter, utter disgrace to a Vale shirt.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

We got some excellent crosses in to the box, into good areas too but we couldn’t make anything of them aside from some half chances. But having said that there are 2 teams on the pitch and we won’t be given anything easily.

Agree! But our runs into the box are either non existent, or into the wrong areas. Most of the time too early as well, as they all just stand there waiting, instead of running into the ball or attacking the ball.

We also don't pick up the second ball on the edge of the area 19 out of 20 times. Even though, it falls in the "sweat spots" the same amount of times.

Don't we practice this in training? How to fill the box and rebound areas properly?

And what's with our corners? We could have 80 corners each match, without even looking marginally like scoring... I know statistically you don't convert corners very often, like 15% of the time, and are more likely to score from the second cross. But have we even scored from a corner all season,? Or even had a finish from one?

Not sure who was the worst, the referee or Jules. Both abysmal. How Jules stopped off more than 15 minutes is beyond me. Goodness only knows what attitude problem Regis has got if it is worse than Jules. Completely disinterested and out of his depth in one.

Tactically we got it wrong from the start, isolating Pope and playing like the away team for 45 minutes. Exactly the kind of fare we were subjected to under Bruno and Brown.

Improved after half time but did their keeper have to make a meaningful save in 90 minutes? Don't let's make excuses. It was rubbish.

Ragaln had a solid debut and Kay stood out for me. Lainton made a couple of good saves. Pope put in a shift. That was about it. Very poor.

Agree! But our runs into the box are either non existent, or into the wrong areas. Most of the time too early as well, as they all just stand there waiting, instead of running into the ball or attacking the ball.

We also don't pick up the second ball on the edge of the area 19 out of 20 times. Even though, it falls in the "sweat spots" the same amount of times.

Don't we practice this in training? How to fill the box and rebound areas properly?

And what's with our corners? We could have 80 corners each match, without even looking marginally like scoring... I know statistically you don't convert corners very often, like 15% of the time, and are more likely to score from the second cross. But have we even scored from a corner all season,? Or even had a finish from one?

Whoever’s putting the cross in can only put it into a good area, it’s up to the players in the box to make the run. I’ve seen players like Gibbons practicing crossing after training but as a team they also do it in training too with little routines, defence v attack. Not every one of them is going to come off in a game like we want them too though.

Corner’s are frustrating too, we just don’t look like scoring from one.

Tactically we got it wrong from the start, isolating Pope and playing like the away team for 45 minutes. Exactly the kind of fare we were subjected to under Bruno and Brown.

Improved after half time but did their keeper have to make a meaningful save in 90 minutes? Don't let's make excuses. It was rubbish.

Ragaln had a solid debut and Kay stood out for me. Lainton made a couple of good saves. Pope put in a shift. That was about it. Very poor.

We seem to be getting it tactically Wrong every week.

Archived