onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

Pressing issues:

Abject performance. As bad as it gets. Defence never comfortable, 2 lads playing left back out of position (if only we had a solid left back!). Midfield inept. Why does Kay and Tonge continue to get games? Anyone, literally anyone is better. They’re utter trash. Forward line; why is Whitfield getting so little minutes?

Atmosphere dead, should have lost, Lainton motm. Dire.

Long term:

I’ve never been as down about the Vale. We’ve just made over £2m in 12 months, yet we have a woeful squad. Where’s the backing? Smurfs using the transfer funds to fund the shortfall he’s caused through his own incompetence. This league is atrocious, and we’re battling to stay in it cus that clown is sucking the life and soul out of the club. 3900 in the ground, silence all game, as Anthony Kay continues to start and we bundle home a draw in a must win game.

It’s diabolical what’s happened to us.

Advert

It's a point - and that's about all you can say for it unless we can take some consolation from positive performances by Lainton, whose saves kept us in it, and Raglan. While Barnet, Chesterfield and Crewe were all losing we at least got a draw, so we edge ever so slightly nearer to safety. Turgid stuff.

Half in jest; to all those screaming “forest green lost, gunning isn’t very good lol” in the week, they’ve beaten Coventry today, and guess who played the 90? And guess who goes 6 games without a win after losing him?

We kept a clean sheet today. Or has gunning now become roberto chuffing Carlos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Half in jest; to all those screaming “forest green lost, gunning isn’t very good lol” in the week, they’ve beaten Coventry today, and guess who played the 90? And guess who goes 6 games without a win after losing him?

Yes, don't get me started - an object lesson in boat rocking by our owner and CEO who thought they could skimp and save while we're in a relegation battle. They thought it wouldn't matter even though Norman promised to do anything it takes to keep us up. More dire strategic decision-making at the top, which shows no understanding of football and no sense of priorities, not to mention a complete failure to support the manager and a complete disregard for his advice. They'd have been happy to be on the Titanic, wouldn't they, as long as the pay structure (er, sorry, deck chairs) were in place. Pass the whiskey.

Gunning’s loss has nothing to do with our ineptitude at the other end of the pitch. I would have preferred he stayed, but that has little to do with our impotency going forward.

Sick of watching us play to be honest. It's depressing seeing how bad we've become. Lainton played well, thought raglan looks a solid addition and pope did his usual but baring that we were ****. Yet again. Boring **** football every week no wonder nobody goes to watch us and the atmosphere is dead. I'm getting increasingly fed up with aspin starting players at left back who can't play there when we have one out on loan. And playing two lads who can't move in midfield together! It's not rocket science.

Just want this season to end.

Gunning’s loss has nothing to do with our ineptitude at the other end of the pitch. I would have preferred he stayed, but that has little to do with our impotency going forward.

Understand the original post as some keep bringing up gunning when fgr lose and his post was in part jest,

personally don't care what a player does either way when not at vale , however he was our player settled and a hole plugged and did a very good job here...now Aspin has had to fill another hole and try to get the defence sorted more so after andersons departure, all that previous training organising/partnerhips has gone out of the window...

We still haven't replaced gunning and that's the concern...didn't make today so cant comment on the game but so many new players or players out of position means all the steps made forward have been reversed and it is going to be close between now and the end of the season.

Everyday, our club is run by Tony Fradley and Colin Garlick. Garlick appointed Michael Brown ffs.

In the background, Smurf sucks the money and life out of our club like a big blue Vampire. And Vale fans sit quietly.

UTV4eva

Hagrid you could shout this through a megaphone from mow cop, but I'd say over half of our fans are to blind to see this, it's sickening that our club has become like this, if we went out the football league I am dead cert there would be fans who blame aspin and not norman.

Everyday, our club is run by Tony Fradley and Colin Garlick. Garlick appointed Michael Brown ffs.

In the background, Smurf sucks the money and life out of our club like a big blue Vampire. And Vale fans sit quietly.

UTV4eva

I share your anger, but all we can do is hope for survival this season and pray that tomorrow brings a brighter day. But I have to admit, that at the moment I’m not too confident that will happen. Dark days indeed.

Sick of watching us play to be honest. It's depressing seeing how bad we've become. Lainton played well, thought raglan looks a solid addition and pope did his usual but baring that we were ****. Yet again. Boring **** football every week no wonder nobody goes to watch us and the atmosphere is dead. I'm getting increasingly fed up with aspin starting players at left back who can't play there when we have one out on loan. And playing two lads who can't move in midfield together! It's not rocket science.

Just want this season to end.

Yes, can't understand why Kelly was allowed to go on loan until the end of the season. He surely can't be any worse than Jules or Pugh at left back and we have no defensive cover for that position. Strange decision for me.

Archived