onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassing

butt lane vale fan

I suspect Gunning wouldn't even have known about Forest Greens interest in him if we had offered him an 18 month contract originally, regardless of the money. He wanted to stay but when he heard our poor offer he looked around.

I suspect that he would be fully aware of interest from any club.His agent would let him know about it.

Advert

If we had rated him we would have offered him a bigger deal in August. We didn’t so it’s just one of those things

Had we done so and him turned out like Wilson we would be furious

Now let’s move on and sign some players

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

One point out of the last 12 possible suggests all is not well in that department anyway.....

Utter rubbish, so a poor run of form automatically equals an unhappy and a lost dressing room?

I suspect that he would be fully aware of interest from any club.His agent would let him know about it.

The club or the agent legally have to let a player know when a club comes in for them or registers interest.

But Gav was out of contract anyway so in effect it was up to him where he went.

If we had rated him we would have offered him a bigger deal in August. We didn’t so it’s just one of those things

Had we done so and him turned out like Wilson we would be furious

Now let’s move on and sign some players

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Someone with sense, its lower league football.

Gunning did well, he was/ is a renowned journeyman.

Aspin is looking to build something his way. I do believe Norman will back him if need be.

Lets focus on getting results now and ideally a replacement experienced centre half by next weds.

Vale has been a mess since Adams left tbh.

Where can we find a tall, strong, solid, fully fit, experienced, 7/10 defender that can play in a couple of positions for free in January?

That is the point people are making.

Yet at Port Vale we do things differently. Instead of signing players for a season we sign them for 6 months with no extension option. Then when they do well they leave! Genius! And the best part is that this doesn't keep happening as we learn from our mistakes! So glad we're a professional, well run club and not tinpot in any way.

Relegation from league One is supposed to have cost us at least £600,000. How much will relegation from League Two cost the club? More than a potential £50K in wages for Gunning probably. Yes, we have now signed a replacement in Jules but we have no idea if he will do the job as well and he isn't our player. If he doesn't work out Vale suffer and even if he does he will leave at the end of his loan so we are looking for another replacement. I am not saying that Gunning was superman but we have created a problem with our defence which we didn't need to. We could have focussed on more urgent issues within the squad, goalkeeper, midfield etc. It is not just a case of not having the money as we have wasted some on Regis and hopefully not wasted some on our future stars Angus and Hannant. It is sad for the club when our january strategy was based on someone signing Hugill for enough money for our 20% sell on to be worth something. Of course that is worth nothing unless he leaves in the next 5 days.

Regardless of the bizarre squabbles being had on here, no one can sit there and honestly say, thus far, that Aspo has been backed.

We’ve signed two lads on loan, and 2 lads from non league, one who was out of contract.

We’ve payed money for one player (5 figures) and no one will be on a big wedge.

Conversely, we were outbid by FGR for Gav and have, by Aspo’s admission, missed out on many targets, though that may be down to league position.

Either way, we were promised backing and Smurf doing ‘whatever it takes’ to retain our league status. We simply haven’t seen that so far. I hope he proves me wrong in the next week, as the last 4 games have proven we are far from safe.

Relegation from league One is supposed to have cost us at least £600,000. How much will relegation from League Two cost the club? More than a potential £50K in wages for Gunning probably. Yes, we have now signed a replacement in Jules but we have no idea if he will do the job as well and he isn't our player. If he doesn't work out Vale suffer and even if he does he will leave at the end of his loan so we are looking for another replacement. I am not saying that Gunning was superman but we have created a problem with our defence which we didn't need to. We could have focussed on more urgent issues within the squad, goalkeeper, midfield etc. It is not just a case of not having the money as we have wasted some on Regis and hopefully not wasted some on our future stars Angus and Hannant. It is sad for the club when our january strategy was based on someone signing Hugill for enough money for our 20% sell on to be worth something. Of course that is worth nothing unless he leaves in the next 5 days.

We have created no problem. Stop going on about gunning every ******* post!

It makes no sense to pay way more than a very average player is worth! That's how you end up in admin!

How can you say wasted already? They've played what one game? And are clearly for the future!

You were saying last week that the biggest issue was a centre back? Now it's a keeper and midfielder one of which we've signed.

Regardless of the bizarre squabbles being had on here, no one can sit there and honestly say, thus far, that Aspo has been backed.

We’ve signed two lads on loan, and 2 lads from non league, one who was out of contract.

We’ve payed money for one player (5 figures) and no one will be on a big wedge.

Conversely, we were outbid by FGR for Gav and have, by Aspo’s admission, missed out on many targets, though that may be down to league position.

Either way, we were promised backing and Smurf doing ‘whatever it takes’ to retain our league status. We simply haven’t seen that so far. I hope he proves me wrong in the next week, as the last 4 games have proven we are far from safe.

He may he been backed. It's extremely difficult to sign players in the January transfer window and lets face it were port vale struggling in league 2 im quite certain that we aren't the most appealing of sodas to join.

I'm more than happy for us to go down the non league route as the last batch of experienced 'pros' have been absalutley garbage. Again it's tough to sign a player who is in an established side in this windown. Loans are generally what happens around now.

You can't sit there and say he hasn't been backed just as I can't say he has been. Nobody hasn't any idea other than aspin himself and Norman. We have no idea of figures involved with players and the number of deals weve missed out on.

It's extremely difficult to sign players in the January transfer window and lets face it were port vale struggling in league 2 im quite certain that we aren't the most appealing of sodas to join.

From September onwards this was always going to be the reality of the January transfer window. I wonder whether it's the case that the owner won't put his hand in his pocket or if he can't. :shutup:

He may he been backed.

I read that and I thought of Mike Lloyd. :smile:

From September onwards this was always going to be the reality of the January transfer window. I wonder whether it's the case that the owner won't put his hand in his pocket or if he can't. :shutup:

I read that and I thought of Mike Lloyd. :smile:

Honestly it probably is that but this transfer window is extremely hard to sign first team players.

He may he been backed. It's extremely difficult to sign players in the January transfer window and lets face it were port vale struggling in league 2 im quite certain that we aren't the most appealing of sodas to join.

I'm more than happy for us to go down the non league route as the last batch of experienced 'pros' have been absalutley garbage. Again it's tough to sign a player who is in an established side in this windown. Loans are generally what happens around now.

You can't sit there and say he hasn't been backed just as I can't say he has been. Nobody hasn't any idea other than aspin himself and Norman. We have no idea of figures involved with players and the number of deals weve missed out on.

You can't lump in Pugh and Kay as indicative of all 'experienced pros'. They're decrepit cheap old men.

FGR are signing experienced pros. Reuben Reid and Gavin Gunning. Players who's legs aren't gone.

Its costing them a bit, but it slightly rankles when Stormin Norman arrived back on the scene and heroically proclaimed he'd do 'whatever it takes' to keep us in the league.

By that, he clearly means he'll fund cheap loan signings and non-league freebies, and won't be outbidding FGR for Gunning.

If Aspin had been backed we'd still have Gunning and would be making signings to keep us in the league, not taking punts on young lads, who may be great in the future, but realistically aren't going to be the difference between our survival and relegation.

Archived