onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassing

butt lane vale fan

Aspo has got rid of how many players ?

Aspo has got Whitfield plus others in.

Aspo has signed an extended contract.

I don’t think that any of the above we’ve had for free.

I wouldn’t mind Juan Mata but why can’t we wait until summer to sign better quality?instead of the normal nomads who appear every season at this time.

Spot on!,wait til this time next year ,when we're challenging for promotion and then it will be all positive comments on here

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Advert

I cannot believe there's a 9 page thread about not breaking the bank for Mad Gav.
This isn't really about Gavin Gunning though is it? If Aspin had been given the go ahead to sign an adequate replacement no one on here would be moaning.

The fact is up until today we have signed a couple of long term chancers and nothing much else. The fact that the manager was disappointed to lose Gunning highlights that the owner has failed to keep his word once again!

This isn't really about Gavin Gunning though is it? If Aspin had been given the go ahead to sign an adequate replacement no one on here would be moaning.

The fact is up until today we have signed a couple of long term chancers and nothing much else. The fact that the manager was disappointed to lose Gunning highlights that the owner has failed to keep his word once again!

Now,now OS.You will upset your mate John SmurthAmos with comments like that. :wink:

RZ still banging on about gunning. Why on earth would you break the clubs wage structure for Gavin gunning. And ‘keeping it a secret’, no wonder he thought V2001 were the best thing since free tickets. Yet no he thinks an owner should bankroll the club. Beats taking more money out than they put in I suppose. Now who would do a thing like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think in order to bash the owner there is a lot of disrespect towards Aspin on this thread.

Makes it sound like Aspin had no choice in the players he has brought in. No doubt when they come good it will be Aspin is a genius but if they don't then it will be Smurf who takes the blame.

Perhaps Aspin was disappointed to lose Gunning but have you ever thought his wage demands and then him leaving because of that are what Aspin is disappointed in? I know that doesn't fit in with your ever so repetitive rhetoric but I doubt it even crossed your mind.

Are you going to pay out on your less than 1000 season ticket sales yet? A tenner would have been fine if you hadn't huffed and puffed and increased it to £100...

Agree and been saying this for ages, not a case of breaking the bank but competing in league 2 nothing more nothing less, if we cant afford gunning who else can we afford = seems not a lot.

We need to keep our best players and build around them , not a large squad but 15/6 players who can handle this league the rest made up with youngsters-- not so much your budget but how you spend but neil aspin isn't starting with the full budget due to the last 2 yrs mess up

Correlations does not equal causation. We got relegated after getting rid of mcgivern, campion and Colin Daniel. Was that why we got relegated?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

They weren't first team regulars.

Gunning was a key component in our side and I feel we are missing someone like him. He was a vocal leader.

Seems to work for a lot of football league clubs....

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Worked really well for Stockport, Chester, Hereford, Torquay, Hartlepool, Leyton Orient and a host of others..... money doesn’t always equal results. I may be wrong but I think Leyton Orient were in the top 10 richest clubs outside the prem based on their owners wealth....and went down to non league the same season.

What we need is continuity in the boardroom, managers office and a plan which improves the club consistently over time on and off the field. Throwing money at a problem and hoping the gamble pays off can waste money and bankrupt clubs and owners

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived