onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassing

butt lane vale fan

The point I was getting at, perhaps in a ranting and Ill thought out way was, if it was just Gunning I could accept that. But how many have we lost due to penny pinching and lack of investment. Jones, Marshall, Pope originally to just name a few. Scunny £5mil budget last Season where are they. We spend peanuts &get monkeys like Paterson.

I could accept if they were bigger clubs than Vale but they aren't.

If Smurf can't do it then look for investment instead of doing it all himself. Oldham and Chesterfield are looking at investment, why aren't Vale. I'm just sick of no ambition and apathy at club

Smurfs answer is more fans need to need up. But sorry football is not like that. You need to give fans ambition and hope and then they will come. If the owner shows no ambition then we plod along, stagnating. What is the club doing to entice fans???. Bugger all it seems all the time.

Mansfield, Lincoln, Scunny, Bury, bloody Forest Green, Fleetwood. ***** sake all clubs we would of laughed at years ago. They are smaller clubs but have overtaken us. Why??? Lincoln used to average less than us, but now they have built on promotion and are getting 9000

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Butt Lane Vale Fan, take a bow. You feel my pain entirely. Finally someone who reflects my way of thinking.

Advert

Forest Green are spending a few quid to try and keep their place in the football league their owner has a few quid to spend doesn't make our position any easier but that's football.Doesn't alter things if Norman wont or can't splash the cash no one on this forum can alter things or spend his money for him.Let Aspin and Rudge sort things out,thats what they're here for,Aspin says that the January transfer window doesn't do clubs any favours, Gunning was out of contract so he got fixed up with a better one so do hundreds of other players so all this hot air wind and pish wont alter things one jot.

Its almost the end of January and not much has happened since that promise of funds for Aspo. Then again, Smurf has got what the fans wanted in offering Neil a longer cotract. Maybe that's what he meant with the so called funds!!!Fingers crossed for next week.

Smurf promised to do all necessary to keep us in the football league.

Maybe he believes they way most people on here do that we are safe for this season and so far all the signings are 'for the future'

Aspin may also have believed this a few games ago. Has he also said that any experienced players will come in the summer.

Hope they are right !

The point I was getting at, perhaps in a ranting and Ill thought out way was, if it was just Gunning I could accept that. But how many have we lost due to penny pinching and lack of investment. Jones, Marshall, Pope originally to just name a few. Scunny £5mil budget last Season where are they. We spend peanuts &get monkeys like Paterson.

I could accept if they were bigger clubs than Vale but they aren't.

If Smurf can't do it then look for investment instead of doing it all himself. Oldham and Chesterfield are looking at investment, why aren't Vale. I'm just sick of no ambition and apathy at club

Smurfs answer is more fans need to need up. But sorry football is not like that. You need to give fans ambition and hope and then they will come. If the owner shows no ambition then we plod along, stagnating. What is the club doing to entice fans???. Bugger all it seems all the time.

Mansfield, Lincoln, Scunny, Bury, bloody Forest Green, Fleetwood. ***** sake all clubs we would of laughed at years ago. They are smaller clubs but have overtaken us. Why??? Lincoln used to average less than us, but now they have built on promotion and are getting 9000

Spot on. At our level, higher gates = more money = bigger budget = better quality players. We're a similar sized club to Shrewsbury yet we're borrowing their players!

Norman is clearly apathetic right now. He doesn't care about trying to move us forward. Just happy to plod. "Little Old Port Vale". Loser mentality. How on Earth do you spend £4m on a 4th division club and go backwards?!

OP is correct. We are embarrassing.

Spot on. At our level, higher gates = more money = bigger budget = better quality players. We're a similar sized club to Shrewsbury yet we're borrowing their players!

Norman is clearly apathetic right now. He doesn't care about trying to move us forward. Just happy to plod. "Little Old Port Vale". Loser mentality. How on Earth do you spend £4m on a 4th division club and go backwards?!

OP is correct. We are embarrassing.

Only saying that because we haven't won for a few games. We start a winning run like in December and all this talk goes away.

Only saying that because we haven't won for a few games. We start a winning run like in December and all this talk goes away.

My take is,

We must have a budget that's relevant to the earnings of the club but also must balance this with the offering on the pitch which is a tough one however-

We need prime players in most of the spine sprinkled with youth and last few season pros - when aspin came in he micro managed the bloated grey on grey squad by choosing those that at least offered either something slightly more or were more consistent performers moulded that into a formation maximising our match day strength at what the players were capable giving us a chance in each game of picking up points -

The defence was sorted with luxury of making changes helping continuity , the forward options were limited but he got the most out them whilst trying to keep hold of midfield and patch up the best he could.

With gunning being allowed to leave +the forced loss of denton we have had to go back to square 1 as we have had to move a midfielder to left back thus putting more pressure on the stretched midfield and now aspin has to turn his attention to a left back where it was once settled by a player that could also play ctr back.

The loan players like Anderson,whitfield,harness are not our players and we will not be able to afford them should they become free so these areas will need attention in the summer along with any other departures..

too much change again which is why gunning needed to be signed yes live in our means but it seems at the expense of all the failed players shipped out early or paid off out of the budget causing it to be reduced.

its going to be a knuckle ride til may-

...and now is one of those times to "Slash the cash" and back the manager.

I doubt there would be much of a club left to support within a year or so after any relegation from Lge2. If Smurf won't fund the club to stay in Lge 2 he's more than likely not going to fund the club to get out of the National League.

I guess you meant "Splash" the cash? either that or your post makes even less sense than usual! As for the talk of relegation from this league, we will only see towards the end of the season - personally, I think that kind of talk is scaremongering, and there are - at least - 3 more teams consistently worse than us. Yes - we've just had a poor run...but, before that we had a very good run. Losing to an 85th/86th minute controversial goal, away from home at the 2nd-placed team isn't really a bad or unexpected result; nor was the Accy game where a bit less naivety, a lot less opposition play-acting and a crap referee might have seen us get at least a point - but, again, the defeat wasn't really unexpected.

Someone else has said on here that "Aspo hasn't really been backed" - but he has - we've brought players in...even paid a fee for one of them...don't forget Regis was brought in, too! And we've lost targets to higher league clubs...so what? Hear Chelsea's boss...or David Moyes whinging about not being able to bring in the players they want and realize that the January window is unpredictable, and has several clubs playing over the odds desperately hoping their gamble pays off. I don't want to see the Vale take that route towards administration - we are not the best-supported club going!

You aren’t discussing football all you harp on about is Gavin Gunning like we’ve just lost John Terry in his prime

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Yes he does but as poor a players some think he is, we still haven't replaced him with our own player yet as an equal or better.

infact our results haven't been too good since he left and it was a player aspin wanted to sign and he was our player with first dibbs and we still still couldn't get him across the line.

In 6 months all the deadwood would have been shipped out meaning the budget should revert to the original full level so not even a full years wage to keep the said player from this current budget.

makes you wonder what players we can afford/attract with experience in their prime

I guess you meant "Splash" the cash? either that or your post makes even less sense than usual!

You must have an IQ > 200 to work out that typo, a poster of remarkable erudition.

As for the talk of relegation from this league, we will only see towards the end of the season - personally, I think that kind of talk is scaremongering, and there are - at least - 3 more teams consistently worse than us. Yes - we've just had a poor run...but, before that we had a very good run. Losing to an 85th/86th minute controversial goal, away from home at the 2nd-placed team isn't really a bad or unexpected result; nor was the Accy game where a bit less naivety, a lot less opposition play-acting and a crap referee might have seen us get at least a point - but, again, the defeat wasn't really unexpected.

Someone else has said on here that "Aspo hasn't really been backed" - but he has - we've brought players in...even paid a fee for one of them...don't forget Regis was brought in, too! And we've lost targets to higher league clubs...so what? Hear Chelsea's boss...or David Moyes whinging about not being able to bring in the players they want and realize that the January window is unpredictable, and has several clubs playing over the odds desperately hoping their gamble pays off. I don't want to see the Vale take that route towards administration - we are not the best-supported club going!

Try and stop rambling and make a point succinctly. No, "Vale aren't the best supported club", did that piece of knowledge come to you quickly or did you think long and hard about it. I see OVF is in the presence of a true genius.

Hasn't hindered Forest Green though, has it?

For all those taking the high road with 'sustainable business', I doubt many will care come May if we go down and they stay up.

Survival is dependent on investment on players who can come in and improve us, right now.

So Gavin Gunning is the difference between going down and staying up??

If the league finished right now we would survive so its not dependent on investment right now is it? Unless youre saying that the players Aspin has bought in are going to make us worse, is this another manager you won't back?

I find it ironic that you pull apart everything Smurf says and have called him a liar in the past yet now you are hanging on his every word regarding investment. We have signed some players haven't we or did I imagine that?

Aspo has got rid of how many players ?

Aspo has got Whitfield plus others in.

Aspo has signed an extended contract.

I don’t think that any of the above we’ve had for free.

I wouldn’t mind Juan Mata but why can’t we wait until summer to sign better quality?instead of the normal nomads who appear every season at this time.

Archived