onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Otis Khan - Yeovil

Jacko51

He was sent off on Saturday for pushing the ref. Because it meant he would miss the Manure game, Yeovil appealed it and the appeal was rejected. He has been given a five game ban. Their manager said on Saturday that they never get a fair deal from refs! I hope he understands why I have little sympathy.

Advert

He was sent off on Saturday for pushing the ref. Because it meant he would miss the Manure game, Yeovil appealed it and the appeal was rejected. He has been given a five game ban. Their manager said on Saturday that they never get a fair deal from refs! I hope he understands why I have little sympathy.

Serves him right, assault the ref and you're off more fool Yeovil for thinking that they could get something out of an appeal, hope it cost them.

Saw the shirt pull on him which led to the incident. Absolutely criminal from the ref and Chesterfield literally scored within 10 seconds.

Channel 5 didn't show the shove on the ref so i haven't seen it.

I think it may well of been a Grant moment when he lost his head that time.

End of the day you can't touch our precious overweight and unfit League one and two officials so the ban is justified.

It did look like a foul on him,I agree, but as you rightly say you can't then push the referee. He said he'd slipped! He isn't the first and won't be the last player to miss a big game because of 'self-inflicted' stupidity.

Karma for Yeovil's manager but it doesn't help us.

I haven’t seen the incident, but was it in the same class as Di Canio’s effort on Paul Alcock a few years ago ? Whilst I agree that refs cannot be treated in this manner (even the good ones), the Di Canio one wasn’t half funny. Topped off by Alcock’s comical fall which wouldn’t have gone a miss in any Brian Rix farce !

The referee was infield of the incident and the linesman on the other side of the field. Neither were in a good position to see the tug on the shirt, but we're in the right places you would expect them to be. Haven't see the push but he must have covered a lot of ground to demonstrate with the ref. Bottom line there's no game without a ref and they will miss things because they don't have 360 degree vision. There is an increasing problem with recruiting referee, partly due to the abuse. Really think it should have been much longer for the long-term good of the game. At local league level there will not be any matches in 20 years time due to the fall in people wanting to become referees. One of the big reasons is people not wanting the abuse.

I haven’t seen the incident, but was it in the same class as Di Canio’s effort on Paul Alcock a few years ago ? Whilst I agree that refs cannot be treated in this manner (even the good ones), the Di Canio one wasn’t half funny. Topped off by Alcock’s comical fall which wouldn’t have gone a miss in any Brian Rix farce !

I don't think there is any footage of it, which is why the appeal stood no chance and he got the extra games on his suspension.

The referee was infield of the incident and the linesman on the other side of the field. Neither were in a good position to see the tug on the shirt, but we're in the right places you would expect them to be. Haven't see the push but he must have covered a lot of ground to demonstrate with the ref. Bottom line there's no game without a ref and they will miss things because they don't have 360 degree vision. There is an increasing problem with recruiting referee, partly due to the abuse. Really think it should have been much longer for the long-term good of the game. At local league level there will not be any matches in 20 years time due to the fall in people wanting to become referees. One of the big reasons is people not wanting the abuse.

Unfortunately some refs are so inept and can do no wrong yet get 100% backing by the fa regardless especially at grass roots level --have seen broken leg, trouble with opposing fans,broken arm , violence towards opposition and cause the ref is too young or because he knows the opposition it gets swept under the carpet - lots can be done to improve but the fa don't want to listen(and I have tried) just fine all parties in their quest for money from the true football people the grass roots volunteers who give time and money up to the game the FA just take also refs are the only ones who get paid...having said that I have come across some excellent refs who do a fine job in controlling the game and players and supporters yet some refs seem ok to let a child get kicked,slapped man handled cause they are too familiar with the opposition..

personally I would & have, a go at any ref that doesn't protect any player from deliberate abuse in any form as they should aim to create a safe environment for players before the laws of the game

Archived