onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lee Colins

PVTony

Advert

For me, Kris Taylor was clearly not good enough to take us up. The fact he's at Darlington would back up my opinion. Just because we failed to replace him doesn't mean it was a mistake to let him go.

Kris Taylor was a regular in 2 teams that got promoted from our division... Was possibly the only wide player who could cross a ball. Better than his namesake, who remains a 20 minute player at best and should be in non-league himself!

For me, Kris Taylor was clearly not good enough to take us up. The fact he's at Darlington would back up my opinion. Just because we failed to replace him doesn't mean it was a mistake to let him go.

Spot on.

He couldn't defend and allowed to many crosses in the box. Just because we can't get a decent left back defender reflects more on the management team. When replacing players you need to get in better players not worse seemed like a panic replacements to me.

I don't subscribe to the 'collins is gonna be a future world beater' group just as I never did with Pilkington(some fans vastly overrate the both of them). However he is by far our most versitile defender and probably skillful for this level too. He'd certainly be in my starting 11 most games!

I do tend to agree with cheeky though and never thought I'd say it but we miss Kris Taylor as much as he wasn't the greatest left back he was an outlet in that position and a steady eddy. I'd like to see Roe first before deciding he's complete poop though!

At the end of the day both Sheffield United youths were released by the then Sheffield United manager Micky Adams as not being good enough for a first year professional contract.....Roe the left back like

Raglan is a first year professional kid just out of the youth team and

not realistic cover at left back that was Green from the depths of non-league.

McCoombe and Collins have won promotion from this division as has

Owen....Kris Taylor has done so twice.....essentially a midfield playmaker Kris Taylor was a good professional and an intelligent player with a cracking left peg....they must have spent his wages on the EGM.

He's injured, therefore he's the best player by default and just what we need to turn things around. Just like the players who are suspended could make a great difference in the matches they miss. Collins was playing some of his worst football for Vale before he got injured, so I don't hold any great hope that he will sure up the defence upon his return.

Of couse no-one claims that Haldane would make a difference because one typically would have to have shown some ability before their lay off.

And where's Green now? He's been sent to a team even further down the non-league pyramid!!!

If you can't replace someone with better, then why let them go. We've replaced a Skoda, with a Robin Reliant and then sent the Robin Reliant to a scrap yard so we now have to walk everywhere.

Spot on young Cheeky :)

Are we better off in that position now?

Surely if we're not then in hindsight it was a mistake to let him go?

What? Clearly it does mean it was a mistake to let him go. We have do awful left backs who wont be hear next season in Roe and Green and we let a decent enough left back go. This has been one of the rout causes of our problems, not having a decent left back fit so we have to change formation, it was a huge mistake to let Kris Taylor, wouldnt have been if Adams signed another decent left back to replace him but he hasnt. I dont see how it isnt a mistake?

Twitters, you thought Chris Slater and Kyle Perry were league standard. Remind me where they are now? Kris Taylor was a decent footballer. He just wasn't that good a defender. I think he'd be more effective at left wing back again than Rob.

Wrong as usual. I never said that about Slater and I said Perry could have been good with decent training. As for Taylor, he can't even get in the Darlington team so how can he be decent? He's at the same level as Perry so you've shot yourself in the foot!

Are we better off in that position now?

Surely if we're not then in hindsight it was a mistake to let him go?

Not at all. He was ****. It's Adams fault for not getting a decent left back in. If we want to improve we need quality. Adams was right to get rid but didn't get the quality we need.

There were very few people who moaned when we got rid!

Archived