Sign in to follow this  
whotobeakiller

Change the captaincy

Who put Pope as a captain? If his performances were constant that he put in all over the pitch and was 100 percent every match but he just is not the man we need to put a backbone into the team.

Yesterday proves we have no one in defence prepared to put their fight into the cause. Too many players at the back allowing time and space for Accrington to screw themselves out of impossible positions for goals. We need someone at the back whom can make themselves make his defenders feel accountable...having a striker as a captain strikes to me as giving it to Pope because of his supporter connections to the club.

Defenders are traditionally captains simply because they can analyse what is happening in front and at the side of them...Pope cannot read the game like that nor gee up a defence from the front

Surprised no one has picked up on how poor the defence has been since Pope has been captain...change it now!!

:ohmy:

Who put Pope as a captain? If his performances were constant that he put in all over the pitch and was 100 percent every match but he just is not the man we need to put a backbone into the team.

Yesterday proves we have no one in defence prepared to put their fight into the cause. Too many players at the back allowing time and space for Accrington to screw themselves out of impossible positions for goals. We need someone at the back whom can make themselves make his defenders feel accountable...having a striker as a captain strikes to me as giving it to Pope because of his supporter connections to the club.

Defenders are traditionally captains simply because they can analyse what is happening in front and at the side of them...Pope cannot read the game like that nor gee up a defence from the front

Surprised no one has picked up on how poor the defence has been since Pope has been captain...change it now!!

I think the captain is a bit of an overrated title. Plus we don’t have any defenders capable of leading a team?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Captain of a football team is a titular position. I hope this is not a by the back door, not again, Pope bashing? Those 15 have come in handy.

Instead of criticising Pope just hope he doesn’t get injured. i Can’t see where the goals and assists are coming from to keep our club in the league if Pope isn’t in the team.

I don’t see any other candidates for captain in our current squad. We have a lot of inexperienced players and quite a few well past their best type of players. I’m backing Pope for the job.

"Who put Pope as captain" .....what a stupid question for starters

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Pope as captain is absolutely fine looking at the team who else better qualified? True we have been on a terrible run with his captaincy but I think that's more to do with Aspin getting things wrong time and time again, his half time team talk must have been truly inspirational Saturday lol

Pope as captain is absolutely fine looking at the team who else better qualified? True we have been on a terrible run with his captaincy but I think that's more to do with Aspin getting things wrong time and time again, his half time team talk must have been truly inspirational Saturday lol

Talking bollox as usual.

I respect your own opinion but I do think think with the team we have got Pope is the best choice to captain us, maybe Kay but who would you choose l?

I think he was referring to the standard manager bashing from yourself.

And since Mad Gav left

I think he was referring to the standard manager bashing from yourself.

I see, on what planet could he think Aspo's half time team talk was nothing but disastrous, from my memory we went in 2 nil up he had a word and we lost 3-2...

I see, on what planet could he think Aspo's half time team talk was nothing but disastrous, from my memory we went in 2 nil up he had a word and we lost 3-2...

Where were you when we were playing well? You’ve been against aspo ever since he came in! Did you not go to any games under Michael Brown? The football has generally been much better. Yes, we are going to have bad games and bad runs but it is unrealistic to expect us to bowl over every team! I mean for god sake we had 5 points when aspin took over and we were marooned. Surely he deserves credit for getting us alongside other teams?!?

And don't forget there are 2 teams on the pitch, it isn't going to go our way because you think it should.

Is your solution at the first sign of a bad run of form is to get another manager in and go through the whole cycle again of a new manager assessing the squad and trying to shape it in his way? We need to consolidate and get some stability after a disastrous 18 months, the only way to do that is stick with the manager and let him build.

Pope is probably the most eligible player be captain. I understand the point that he's in front of play but really there should be 11 captains on the pitch anyway.

Maybe you can excuse the younger plays who are learning, but that's the price you pay when you have a back 4 of Gibbons (19), Smith (21) and Anderson(24) or Davis (23).

I think we're lacking an experienced centre half at the back (as well as a left back). As well as Anderson is doing he's not ours and Smith would prosper with someone more experienced (as he did with Bikey).

Like him or not, Mad Gav has been a big miss to what was a settled back four.

Some great captains lead by example and Tom Pope is one of these because if we had a team full putting in the same amount of effort that Tom does we would be on top of the league.

If I was a cynic I would also answer those that say defenders can see all of the play in front of them then I would counter this claim by saying that the poor service that Popey generally gets means he has plenty of time to see what's going on behind him and all to often it hasn't been a pretty sight.

Where were you when we were playing well? You’ve been against aspo ever since he came in! Did you not go to any games under Michael Brown? The football has generally been much better. Yes, we are going to have bad games and bad runs but it is unrealistic to expect us to bowl over every team! I mean for god sake we had 5 points when aspin took over and we were marooned. Surely he deserves credit for getting us alongside other teams?!?

He's a WUM,best to put him on ignore and save yourself some time.