onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Change the captaincy

whotobeakiller

I see, on what planet could he think Aspo's half time team talk was nothing but disastrous, from my memory we went in 2 nil up he had a word and we lost 3-2...

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Where were you when we were playing well? You’ve been against aspo ever since he came in! Did you not go to any games under Michael Brown? The football has generally been much better. Yes, we are going to have bad games and bad runs but it is unrealistic to expect us to bowl over every team! I mean for god sake we had 5 points when aspin took over and we were marooned. Surely he deserves credit for getting us alongside other teams?!?

Advert

I see, on what planet could he think Aspo's half time team talk was nothing but disastrous, from my memory we went in 2 nil up he had a word and we lost 3-2...

And don't forget there are 2 teams on the pitch, it isn't going to go our way because you think it should.

Is your solution at the first sign of a bad run of form is to get another manager in and go through the whole cycle again of a new manager assessing the squad and trying to shape it in his way? We need to consolidate and get some stability after a disastrous 18 months, the only way to do that is stick with the manager and let him build.

Pope is probably the most eligible player be captain. I understand the point that he's in front of play but really there should be 11 captains on the pitch anyway.

Maybe you can excuse the younger plays who are learning, but that's the price you pay when you have a back 4 of Gibbons (19), Smith (21) and Anderson(24) or Davis (23).

I think we're lacking an experienced centre half at the back (as well as a left back). As well as Anderson is doing he's not ours and Smith would prosper with someone more experienced (as he did with Bikey).

Like him or not, Mad Gav has been a big miss to what was a settled back four.

Some great captains lead by example and Tom Pope is one of these because if we had a team full putting in the same amount of effort that Tom does we would be on top of the league.

If I was a cynic I would also answer those that say defenders can see all of the play in front of them then I would counter this claim by saying that the poor service that Popey generally gets means he has plenty of time to see what's going on behind him and all to often it hasn't been a pretty sight.

Where were you when we were playing well? You’ve been against aspo ever since he came in! Did you not go to any games under Michael Brown? The football has generally been much better. Yes, we are going to have bad games and bad runs but it is unrealistic to expect us to bowl over every team! I mean for god sake we had 5 points when aspin took over and we were marooned. Surely he deserves credit for getting us alongside other teams?!?

He's a WUM,best to put him on ignore and save yourself some time.

Archived