onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Current form

philmpv

Let's get things in perspective - We had a fantastic December, followed by a very poor start, in terms of results, in January. In 2 of the last 4 games, we've played relatively well against the 2nd and 3rd placed league sides, and been done, at least in part, from terrible refereeing decisions in both of them. We were dire against fgr and Yeovil, and deserved nothing from either game.

It is worrying, but how many of us would have taken the number of points we have now after 11 games?

I suspect aspo would privately admit that virtually none of the current squad will be kept if possible come the end of the season, the exceptions being gibbons, smith, pope, Worrall and obviously his own signings (bar regis). Just my opinion.

The most worrying thing for me about our January form has been Whitfield. What on earth has happened to the guy. Did he really want to stay? He's been miles off what he produced in December.

Keep the faith.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Current form is poor however we have two home games coming up and i expect 6 points minimum and it 2 really good performances .

First half yesterday was good we moved the ball we scored 2 could have scored 3 and looked ok at the back .

Who would i keep well id keep the players who perform well till the end of the season .

As what has gone on before is in the past (its gone we cannot bring it back )but we can alter the future with displays full of whats required ,spirit ,heart and determination .

Yesterday for there goals i saw no real desire from our defenders keep the ball out of our net .

Certain players who are living off there pasts .

One good game in six is atrocious and a centre half who supports our rivals yet has being a ever present in our slide down the leagues .

Yes thats harsh but its true .

We need winners in the club and need replace them whocontinue to let the club ,supporters and themselves down .

We have 20 odd games left put te wrongs right .

Im fully behind Aspo but are his players if they are not i suggest they cancel there contracts and go and darken someone elses club.

I want see character now .

I dont think the state of the pitches help Whitfield at the moment,as for Aspin i dont think any of us can moan at what he has done with what he has had,Aspins remit for this season would of been to keep us in this League and i am sure he will,now in the summer will be the big changes and i would hope that next season we will push on for the top 7 or 3 under Aspin.

In Aspin i most certainly trust

Certain players who are living off there pasts .

One good game in six is atrocious and a centre half who supports our rivals yet has being a ever present in our slide down the leagues .

Yes thats harsh but its true .

Very harsh to blame Nathan Smith for our 'slide down the leagues' considering he was our best player last season. As for whether or not he supports Stoke, what relevance does that have?

Admittedly, I agree that Smith hasn't been as consistent this season but that might have something to do with the fact that he hasn't been able to build up a regular partnership like he did with Streete last season. Already this year he has been partnered by Kay, Davis, Anderson and Gunning. Also lets remember he's still a young lad playing only his second ever season of league football. He will have peaks and troughs in his form. He's doing fine for me. Our dodgy defence in recent weeks has been more about system, the team approach and the (largely unavoidable) constant changing of personal than any individual.

No one player can say they have had a consistent run of good games this season. We are stuttering and guilty of slow, predictable play throughout the squad. We are down In the lower regions where our play belongs. All teams in Division 2 have sussed out how we play and how to play against us. Simple. Vale seriously need an almighty change in tactics and personnel for us to progress. Harsh isn't it? But true.

No one player can say they have had a consistent run of good games this season. We are stuttering and guilty of slow, predictable play throughout the squad. We are down In the lower regions where our play belongs. All teams in Division 2 have sussed out how we play and how to play against us. Simple. Vale seriously need an almighty change in tactics and personnel for us to progress. Harsh isn't it? But true.

Pope may argue with that? Doing jobs of about 4 players whilst scoring 15 himself?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Pope may argue with that? Doing jobs of about 4 players whilst scoring 15 himself?

He probably is the exception to my comment, but even though he has scored regularly most opposing teams know how to handle/ manhandled him and restrict his effectiveness due to the vast amount of ridiculous, ineffective punts up to him.

It's ok saying in Aspin we trust but the fact is we have been terrible last few games under him and it looks like although most mess with him they clearly don't enjoy playing for him either. Like I've said before I can't see any point in replacing him but it doesn't look good but it is a funny old game who knows.

It's ok saying in Aspin we trust but the fact is we have been terrible last few games under him and it looks like although most mess with him they clearly don't enjoy playing for him either. Like I've said before I can't see any point in replacing him but it doesn't look good but it is a funny old game who knows.

People like you deserve Michael Brown as manager then you’d have things to moan about

We still have fragile confidence, we have good and bad spells rather than games, won 3 in a row then had a poor few games when lost to Swindon 3-0 then the Mansfield debacle and we followed that with poor performances before a great December and confidence seemed hit with the harsh defeat at Notts. Yesterday won’t help that at all but hopefully we can beat Colchester and I’m confident we’d go on another little run again. If we can get a mini run of 4 wins in 6 or 7 games then it’s almost job done for the season and planning can begin in earnest for our challenge next season. Sooner the points are done the better position to start working on planning for a huge season in 2018/19.

We should survive comfortably which seemed a distant dream in October! Even late into November!

The main thing is that Aspin has organised the team better than Baldrick Brown with the same players.We are actually scoring goals now but need to stop conceding. l still can't understand why the defenders back off and allow players to run at them.Also we still seem to put pressure on ourselves by hoofing the ball up to Pope and losing possession.

Archived