Sign in to follow this  
queenybantam07

Callum Guy

Some people here are over-rating him simply because of how bad we were during his somewhat brief time here! Guy was alright. No more, no less. He has a very good engine on him and does get from box to box, but doesn't have a lot of end product all said and done. He'd be good at League Two level but bang average in the one above. Don't expect him to pull up any trees.

A touch harsh I think but we've all got our opinions.

The one that surprised me is Billy Knott. I really thought he'd make it to the top. It looks unlikely to happen now. He really was quality for us.

The one that surprised me is Billy Knott. I really thought he'd make it to the top. It looks unlikely to happen now. He really was quality for us.

I don't think so. I didn't mind him, and wouldn't mind at all if we had signed him ourselves. But as a box to box type player how many goals and assists during his time here did he get for us? He may be better in a better side, but there's also a chance he looked better than he actually his because of the dross that was around him. But he always gave his all and for that reason I wish him well.

I don't think so. I didn't mind him, and wouldn't mind at all if we had signed him ourselves. But as a box to box type player how many goals and assists during his time here did he get for us? He may be better in a better side, but there's also a chance he looked better than he actually his because of the dross that was around him. But he always gave his all and for that reason I wish him well.

Dross? I don't know what the HooperReggiePatersonKelly you're on about

Guy was a good raw talent who gave 100% , for a young lad in a bad team yes he stood out but to say this is the only reason is a tad harsh.

He was put at right back for the first time he was lost for the first 20mins but worked it out and was excellent for the remainder of the game which shows he has a football brain as he adapted and worked the problem out. With a settled run in a settled team he should grow in stature further and expect him to be a solid player someone we could do with in our midfield(like gunning we keep saying they are average and better out there yet we don't seem to be getting them)

Same as whitfield a 100% player who under aspin has grown into a much better player and understanding of the game will play at a v good level

Wish guy the best for the rest of his career

We deserved to go down last season, but in the end it came down to very fine margins. It could be said that losing Callum Guy to injury was the difference. He was outstanding on debut v. Bury, and was also excellent in our draw at Southend (a game we should've won). It can't have been easy coming into a side with zero confidence, no attacking intent led by a clueless manager.

People on this thread are being a bit disingenuous about him, we would've all loved to have signed him on for longer and for him to still be at the club. He's very highly thought of at Derby and I hope he continues his progression, signing for a side with promotion aspirations in L1 is a good test for him.

We deserved to go down last season, but in the end it came down to very fine margins. It could be said that losing Callum Guy to injury was the difference. He was outstanding on debut v. Bury, and was also excellent in our draw at Southend (a game we should've won). It can't have been easy coming into a side with zero confidence, no attacking intent led by a clueless manager.

People on this thread are being a bit disingenuous about him, we would've all loved to have signed him on for longer and for him to still be at the club. He's very highly thought of at Derby and I hope he continues his progression, signing for a side with promotion aspirations in L1 is a good test for him.

I still maintain we were relegated at Gillingham, with us conceding a 95th minute equaliser.

I still maintain we were relegated at Gillingham, with us conceding a 95th minute equaliser.

That's what happens when you don't mark an 8ft substitute.

Don't know if its been mentioned anywhere on here but Blakeman stated before today's game that he was 99.9% certain that Aspin tried to get Guy on loan. (Aspin then said in his post-match interview about losing out on players that have gone to League 1 clubs).

Billy was great for us in his loan spell. When he moved to Lincoln, he couldn't get a game yet he'd walk into our midfield on any match day. So really disappointed to see he's gone to Rochdale on loan. Just shows how far we've fallen.

Guy would strengthen our current squad. As said previously his true position is midfield but did not let us down when he filled in at emergency fullback. Thought he had some fight in him a quality few others showed in Brunos team.