Sign in to follow this  
queenybantam07

Callum Guy

Hard to say. As you know, we were a very poor side last year but, after a good debut at home to an equally poor Bury side, I cannot remember many other things he did. He is tidy enough but I think he is just one of those 10 a penny utility players that pack the lower leagues.

I thought he was ok but nothing more, would have been good in this league. From what I remember he runs about a lot but I don't remember him particularly standing out in our woeful side.

Personally thought he was decent and the majority wished were able to sign him again once he was fit but it didn't happen,gave 110% and was very combative and has a bit of pace BUT as said above he was in a poor side so did stand out,i wish him all the best though and hope he does well for you

I liked him, good energy and drive, goes box-to-box but as the others said, we were garbage last year so hard to say if he was any good.

Was like when Paul Harsley won POTY during our last relegation campaign!

Thanks for the responses, Valiants.

It would appear Guy is a direct replacement for Luke Hendrie, who has just signed for Shrewsbury.

It’s likely he’ll be utilised more in the RB position - is this his strongest position, or is it CM?

Excellent on his debut against Bury a year ago, followed by a few ropey games, including a clumsy foul to give away a penalty against Posh. Played as an emergency right back a couple of times then he did his hamstring and we never saw him again. There's a very good player in there somewhere, he needs proper game time and experience to get some consistency.

You have to give him credit as a loan player for giving 100% when so many other players let the club down under the Bruno and Brown management.

Other than Ben Whitfield you would be hard pressed to think of a more committed loan player than Guy.

He was decent for us, very decent. As others have said, he has bags of energy and is fully committed which is what fans like.

I'm sure he's a midfield player primarily but he did fill in at right back for us and did quite well.

I'm sure we would have liked to have kept him here.

Good luck to him at BC.

Some people here are over-rating him simply because of how bad we were during his somewhat brief time here! Guy was alright. No more, no less. He has a very good engine on him and does get from box to box, but doesn't have a lot of end product all said and done. He'd be good at League Two level but bang average in the one above. Don't expect him to pull up any trees.