onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dan Cowley (Lincoln) Manager of the month

jeffers

Advert

OK firstly let's get his name right it is Danny Cowley not Crowley. It does us no great credit complaining about the panel decision when we cannot even get the names of the parties involved correct.

Secondly, although I am disappointed that Neil Aspin did not win, Danny Cowley is a great call. I first identified him as an up and coming manager when he was at Concord Rangers. When he was at Braintree I wrote on this site that he his potential as a manager was huge and that I expected him to go on to other things.

I still hold that view, he is a future Premier League Manager. Anyone who has heard him speak about a game cannot fail to be impressed.

Neil Aspin is a great manager. I was keen for him to get the job before Michael Brown so was delighted when he got it eventually. He has done wonderfully well.

Thirdly and finally, Neil Aspin will at least will no longer face the MOM curse right now.

OK firstly let's get his name right it is Danny Cowley not Crowley. It does us no great credit complaining about the panel decision when we cannot even get the names of the parties involved correct.

Thanks for that, name correct in the opening post, typo in the heading corrected on behalf of the poster,

Secondly, although I am disappointed that Neil Aspin did not win, Danny Cowley is a great call. I first identified him as an up and coming manager when he was at Concord Rangers. When he was at Braintree I wrote on this site that he his potential as a manager was huge and that I expected him to go on to other things.

With respect, all of that is irrelevant. This is an award for manager of the month, December, not manager for the future or manager most likely to reach the Prem. That is all opinion. The facts are that a League Two table based on the results in December shows Vale at the top. Aspin had a better record than Cowley. He also oversaw the League 2 result of the season against Luton. If you also look at the fixtures each team faced then Vale had a far more difficult time that Lincoln. Carlisle in 13th place were the lowest team they played. Three of Lincoln's games were were against teams in the bottom third.

If the Football League are going to run this competition, they should do it properly and not just let a load of blokes in the pub pick the winner.

With respect, all of that is irrelevant. This is an award for manager of the month, December, not manager for the future or manager most likely to reach the Prem. That is all opinion. The facts are that a League Two table based on the results in December shows Vale at the top. Aspin had a better record than Cowley. He also oversaw the League 2 result of the season against Luton. If you also look at the fixtures each team faced then Vale had a far more difficult time that Lincoln. Carlisle in 13th place were the lowest team they played. Three of Lincoln's games were were against teams in the bottom third.

If the Football League are going to run this competition, they should do it properly and not just let a load of blokes in the pub pick the winner.

The heading on the post was the name of a person. I therefore commented about that person. Pray tell how that is irrelevant?

I still hold that view, he is a future Premier League Manager. Anyone who has heard him speak about a game cannot fail to be impressed.

Neil Aspin is a great manager. I was keen for him to get the job before Michael Brown so was delighted when he got it eventually. He has done wonderfully well.

Thirdly and finally, Neil Aspin will at least will no longer face the MOM curse right now.

The fact that you saw potential in him is even more irrelevant than their cup run last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The heading on the post was the name of a person. I therefore commented about that person. Pray tell how that is irrelevant?

You said that Danny Cowley was a great call for manager of the month yet all that followed was nothing to do with his performance during December.

Spot on !A joke of a panel who decided this award. Hang on though, do we really want the dreaded curse that follows,for a few weeks ,after Vale managers of the past were awarded it ?

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I'm not arguing yewth, but it is irrelevant because the post was about manager of the month, which Cowley managed to get by dint of the poor judgement of the Panel, not about Cowley's potential as a manager. By any objective judgement, Aspo's performance was better, however good a manager Cowley is (and that's not in dispute). Lincoln appear to be flavour of the month, so I'm not surprised that Aspo didn't get it, although he richly deserved it. Let's see how we get on when we play them at home - personally I'm hoping we out in another Luton performance :smile:

Archived