onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gunning signs for FGR

Doha

:yes::yes::yes:

I expect that Tom Pope could handle any winding up by Gunning.But Ben Whitfield is still a young lad who is doing very well,has a bright future.But will inexperience show and Gunning get through to him.I hope not.I think Tom will have probably had a word with Ben and will keep an eye on him and tell him the best ting to do is to ignore any wind ups by banging the ball in the net.Then IF if Gunning has been winding up,trying to get a reaction.Then see his reaction at the final whistle should Vale win.IF Vale lose ignore any wind ups after.Shake his hand them leave him.The last thing we need is for anyone to react to a wind up (if he does any) then get sent off.

I doubt gunning will be able to catch Ben to wind him up

Advert

We’ve all been talking about have a clear out. You can only do that when you can bring players in. Aspin’s eye is on the summer. He’ll already have a list of players he wants to keep next season. He obviously wasn’t sure about keeping Gunning. Can’t criticise him for that.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

We’ve all been talking about have a clear out. You can only do that when you can bring players in. Aspin’s eye is on the summer. He’ll already have a list of players he wants to keep next season. He obviously wasn’t sure about keeping Gunning. Can’t criticise him for that.

Aspin has stated how he wanted to keep Gunning,how well he’s played since Aspo has been here.

Given the blue print for Vale, I would imagine that Gav was offered an extension to the end of the season.

As FGR offered an 18 month contract, it is a no brainer for the player.

I suspect Vale were not prepared to be pushed into matching this.

All speculation of course!

My worry is he lives up to his nickname and injures Ben or Tom for that matter

I don't think 'Mad Gav' will go out to intentionally hurt them.But wouldn't be surprised if he was to try and wind them up. Just hope they don't react to Jim with any wind up he tries (assuming that he does so)The best way to react to any wind up from him would be a goal each.

Neil Aspin has said 2 or 3 times in strong terms that he would have liked to keep Gunning, and added that his departure gives him a problem.

John Rudge has added that he is disappointed to lose the player, and also says he will be missed.

This is not about my own opinion, but is what they have said a few times in the last couple of days on radio, and other media.

I don't think that could be much clearer, there was nothing unsure about it, and I wonder what made you think there was ?

Neil Aspin has said 2 or 3 times in strong terms that he would have liked to keep Gunning, and added that his departure gives him a problem.

John Rudge has added that he is disappointed to lose the player, and also says he will be missed.

This is not about my own opinion, but is what they have said a few times in the last couple of days on radio, and other media.

I don't think that could be much clearer, there was nothing unsure about it, and I wonder what made you think there was ?

But why? Was he worth a 18 month contract?

But why? Was he worth a 18 month contract?

My reply was to Tone's remark that (direct quote) 'Aspin obviously wan't sure about keeping Gunning'.

All the interviews, quotes and media remarks in the last few days clearly show otherwise, and his post was yet another in a series by people who post what they want to be true and pretend it is fact. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it is absoulote fact that both Rudge and Aspin said they wanted to keep the player and will miss him, and are disappointed.

As we don't have accurate wage figures or contract lengths for certain the actual agreement he made with FGR cannot be discussed with any certainty, but the player was certainly wanted, and also wanted to stay at Vale himself.

Archived