onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

loans gone back Stobbs,Pyke,Denton

osprey

Advert

Not sure if Denton has a review clause in his loan contract, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him go back to Leeds. Aspin obviously doesn’t fancy him.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I'm not sure about that, he's played fairly regularly for Aspo and is always on the bench if not starting. That's reasonable to me, he's a developing young player who certainly has potential.

No surprises about Stobbs and Pyke though. Stobbs looked nowhere near the standard required when I've seen him and I can only assume Pyke isn't up to it or ready yet as both Brown and Aspo haven't used him much, which begs the question as to if Brown knew anything about him before bringing him in and adding more numbers to the squad.

I'm not sure about that, he's played fairly regularly for Aspo and is always on the bench if not starting. That's reasonable to me, he's a developing young player who certainly has potential.

No surprises about Stobbs and Pyke though. Stobbs looked nowhere near the standard required when I've seen him and I can only assume Pyke isn't up to it or ready yet as both Brown and Aspo haven't used him much, which begs the question as to if Brown knew anything about him before bringing him in and adding more numbers to the squad.

To be fair Pyke looked quite promising pre-season. What we don’t see is his attitude in training, something was obviously not right. Didn’t help being a part of Browns square pegs in round holes.

Did browns transfer policy looked well planned, scouted and balanced? It screamed of sign whatever we were offered by agents and hope some stuck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think your spot on. Apparently Rudge is out again most game nights watching potential targets and says he rarely see’s other managers at these games. Players are apparently signed nowadays on agents recommendation (for what that’s worth ) or by viewing purely by video clips. Hardly any managers put the miles in watching players and yet here we have a 73 year old doing just that. Rudge is a Vale legend and continues to be so in my eyes. People who praise Bill Bell should remember that he sacked Rudge over non football matters which was the start of our decline. Rudge gave me the best Vale footballing days of my life and that was all down to his hard work and dedication to duty. Lest we forget.

BROWN, he found them two scribbled in the index of an agents catalogue:ninja:.

Did browns transfer policy looked well planned, scouted and balanced? It screamed of sign whatever we were offered by agents and hope some stuck.

I have a different view.

With the players he recruited it was clear what MB's tactics were going to be to get out of Lge2, one or two big guys up front, wingers to provide crosses, solid two in midfield and a few big guys around for the physical battles in Lge 2. Similar tactics used by Micky Adams.

Not all MB's signings worked out, the goal keeping situation in particular, but I bet there has never been a manager in the history of football who can claim a 100% success rate with players, not even Brian Clough or Alex Ferguson.

I'll get me tin hat but MB signed Tom Pope, Whitfield, Kay, Harness, Anderson, Barnett, Worrall, Gunning, Tonge and Pugh who've all played a part in Vale's revival.

MB did have a plan and signed some good players for Lge 2 but for some reason he couldn't get the right players in the right places, he couldn't get them to gel, he couldn't get the chemistry right. Thankfully for Vale it looks like we now have the management team in place to do all the above.

I have a different view.

With the players he recruited it was clear what MB's tactics were going to be to get out of Lge2, one or two big guys up front, wingers to provide crosses, solid two in midfield and a few big guys around for the physical battles in Lge 2. Similar tactics used by Micky Adams.

Not all MB's signings worked out, the goal keeping situation in particular, but I bet there has never been a manager in the history of football who can claim a 100% success rate with players, not even Brian Clough or Alex Ferguson.

I'll get me tin hat but MB signed Tom Pope, Whitfield, Kay, Harness, Anderson, Barnett, Worrall, Gunning, Tonge and Pugh who've all played a part in Vale's revival.

MB did have a plan and signed some good players for Lge 2 but for some reason he couldn't get the right players in the right places, he couldn't get them to gel, he couldn't get the chemistry right. Thankfully for Vale it looks like we now have the management team in place to do all the above.

The last part of your last paragraph speaks, sorry, reads volumes :yes:

I have a different view.

You mention tongue and Barnett as though they are key players. We could have brought in better. Gunning was solid but an average league 2 defender. You give brown too much credit for the miracles aspin is producing.

You mention tongue and Barnett as though they are key players. We could have brought in better. Gunning was solid but an average league 2 defender. You give brown too much credit for the miracles aspin is producing.

That's because I'm pretty sure Paul was a Michael Brown fan, and if it was down to him (thank God it's not!) he would probably still be managing our club, and everything would be completely t*** up!

To be fair Pyke looked quite promising pre-season. What we don’t see is his attitude in training, something was obviously not right. Didn’t help being a part of Browns square pegs in round holes.

I thought he looked promising in pre-season too. But for him to hardly feature in many games says that they saw something in him in training that they didn't like.

Its interesting reading the spin on these press releases that these players have been 'recalled' from their loan spells. They've been sent back as they weren't good enough.

Archived