onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green R v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Going back to the game, I can't believe that Whitfield has scored higher than most of the team in the player rankings. I thought that was his worst performance for us by a long way.

Agreed, for me Boot did nothing wrong at all and had little chance with the goal. Hence worthy Man of the match.

Thought Gibbons maybe was ring rusty , some of his punts were dreadful ( i won't call them passes ), Worral was very much off his game too.

The rest huffed and puffed, very bad day at the office for all concerned.

Did he have a niggle or just subbed by choice by Aspo i wonder.

Agreed, for me Boot did nothing wrong at all and had little chance with the goal. Hence worthy Man of the match.

Thought Gibbons maybe was ring rusty , some of his punts were dreadful ( i won't call them passes ), Worral was very much off his game too.

The rest huffed and puffed, very bad day at the office for all concerned.

Did he have a niggle or just subbed by choice by Aspo i wonder.

Agree on Boot, he had a decent game.

I can understand Gibbons being rusty having not played for nearly 4 weeks, but you see it often in league 2, defenders just launching the ball over the opposition full backs heads to turn them around. Thats fine sometimes to relieve pressure, but we as a defence did it too often all game.

We should be seeing Worrall on the right IMO with Gibbons so they can get that link up play going again. Thats one of our main threats which is why I was surprised we perservered with Harness there for most of the game. I think Aspin got that part of the formation wrong.

The problem is Jacko the same deluded pipes are allowed to run riot on each thread. Bea for instance manages to hijack every thread and turn it into an anti board/ owner thread by posting absolute drivel. A ban for people like that who cant just discuss the topic of convo is just as important as rude language and personal jibes. This is a thread about the forest green game and Bea is banging on about lack of investment in the team...again yet there are two threads on gunning leaving surely thats the place to go to?

You're doing it again, Matt. I didn't name anyone in particular but you have immediately called one poster a "deluded pipe". It's just unnecessary.

You're doing it again, Matt. I didn't name anyone in particular but you have immediately called one poster a "deluded pipe". It's just unnecessary.

What’s unnecessary is the fact these people are so annoying to the majority of the other posters and left completely to their own devices by admin that people have to put them on their ignore list just to read a thread properly. I’ll stop calling them rude names and you admin do your job and stop these people from hijackjng thread after thread.

Sums up the major issue here that the only bit of the post that resonated with you is the two words describing them and not the paragraph asking for the posts to be removed or the user banned. The same issue is present on every thread. Be rude and your post is removed, purposely hijack and move off trend from the thread constantly and admin allow it. Absolutely disgraceful.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

What’s unnecessary is the fact these people are so annoying to the majority of the other posters and left completely to their own devices by admin that people have to put them on their ignore list just to read a thread properly. I’ll stop calling them rude names and you admin do your job and stop these people from hijackjng thread after thread.

Sums up the major issue here that the only bit of the post that resonated with you is the two words describing them and not the paragraph asking for the posts to be removed or the user banned. The same issue is present on every thread. Be rude and your post is removed, purposely hijack and move off trend from the thread constantly and admin allow it. Absolutely disgraceful.

Have to say I agree.

Its difficult to ignore the gunning situation when the guy moves to play for his new team against his old team in the very next match he plays... it is therefore just as difficult to ignore the circumstances that allowed/dictated the move and the people involved... would it be off topic to talk about the crowd at the match?... the officials?... the opposition?... the stand?... the food?

Its difficult to ignore the gunning situation when the guy moves to play for his new team against his old team in the very next match he plays... it is therefore just as difficult to ignore the circumstances that allowed/dictated the move and the people involved... would it be off topic to talk about the crowd at the match?... the officials?... the opposition?... the stand?... the food?
Good point. I'm terrified about what I say these days so that I don't stray off topic.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

it is not difficult to not mention the board/ owner during a conversation about a single match. talk about gunnings performance, the fact you are not happy he left, talk about him looking good in a forest green kit if you like. However at no point does it need discussion about the owner of the club.

I See Martino has been banned I take it that Bea will be joining him?

I don't disagree with you about posts going off topic - it is indeed aggravating. I try very hard not to respond to them though. The bit I quoted wasn't the only bit of your post that resonated with me as you claim - it was simply the only bit I thought was unnecessary. As I say, the rest I agreed with. And I don't know if it's what you meant but I'm not part of the Admin team on here.

it is not difficult to not mention the board/ owner during a conversation about a single match. talk about gunnings performance, the fact you are not happy he left, talk about him looking good in a forest green kit if you like. However at no point does it need discussion about the owner of the club.

I See Martino has been banned I take it that Bea will be joining him?

Unless its the owner of the clubs decision that contributed to the move that allowed him to play on the day

Unless its the owner of the clubs decision that contributed to the move that allowed him to play on the day

Geo it’s not relevant is it, unless the owner played for a part of the second half or was at the game those should the be the only references needed to an owner on a match thread. Would appear that thought process from admin is part of the problem not the solution.

Where do you stop? Shall we therefore talk about the administrator in the thread too as he decided to sell to smurf who took the decision that contributed to the move that allowed him to play on the Day? Or maybe talk about v2001 on each thread as well as their incompetence led to the administratior being in charge, that led to smurf coming in, who’s decision led to Gunning being a forest green? Maybe bill bell??? It all BS geo and not relevant to a match thread.

Archived