onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green R v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Seems like apposing team managers know that putting two big/tall defenders on Tom Pope, who is our main threat, will stifle the Vale's attack, because Tom will not be able to deliver his very useful flick on's.

We need to have Barnet (or a better striker to be imported) along side Tom from the start.

And we need to have better wing play too. Gibbons and Worrall were that outlet, Harness does not offer the same threat as Worrall and his positioning also means it stifles any space for Gibbons to get around him. Maybe he was told not to get forward but I also think with Davis there he offers no threat either. I’m not convinced Whitfield is being used to his best as a left winger either, he’s better behind Pope I think. We need to get down the sides more because straight long balls up to Pope don’t work all the time.

Not bothered at all about Stobbs or Pyke but I reckon Aspin wanted to keep Denton and Gunning but for different reasons they have left, surely that leaves space for 2 players that can come in. We desperately need a couple of full backs.

Definitely need a left back.

Just a genuine enquiry - how do we know it was Aspin who made the decision about Gunning? Aspin clearly wanted him to stay and the thought crossed my mind that it might have been Norman who said no. We’ll probably never know but it might be a mistake to assume it was down to the manager. Just a thought.

Pity we couldn't do a buy one get one free with Forest Green for Gunning and Wilson.

Based players that actually matter. It's not.

Aspin clearly didn't want stobbs or pyke so those two don't count.

Gunning and Denton out.

Angus and Whitfield in.

I agree we need some full backs, Maybe that Kelly deserves a go at left back.

By your logic then it would not have mattered if we had kept Whitfield or not. You can't have it both ways.

Aspo has apologised in Sentinel to the supporters for the unacceptable efforts yesterday. He always tells it how it is and is an honest manager.

I posted last week that we ought to hold back till the summer for signings as only dregs and cast offs are available, think I'll change my opinion after yesterday.

One or two bodies in will help out.

Football is so reliant on confidence and momentum, even a point would of kept an 11 point gap , suddenly 8 doesn't look such a cushion.

Not for a minute do I think we'll go down but one or two crucial injuries could leave us short.

What has happened is people got ahead of themselves it would of taken top 5 form for the rest of the season to even have a sniff at the play offs. Maybe the inconsistency of the team shows we are way short , wishing my life away but roll on August and a clean slate .

We are stil 10 points above relegation not 8.Only one point worse off than before yesterday.Barnet and Chesterfield seem to be favourites as havnt won for a few weeks.

If we hadn't been promised - yes, promised - new players and funds for this window, then I wouldn't say a word.

In the meantime, if you don't like the posts some of us make, I'm sure you know how to remedy that with ease. So perhaps it is you who should give it a rest, which when you say it translates to ' Don't post stuff I disagree with'.

Its the ******* 7th

Whitfield extended for the season not count then? You blamed Smurf last year for Jones going (even though he wasn't our player) so how about some credit for Whitfield staying?

Nah, didn't think so.

Damn frustrating, last two games were difficult matches for different reasons. Vale lose both 1-0, one due to a soft penalty a few minutes from time and the other to a worldie strike by a player signed the previous day.

Luck/fate tends to even itself out over a season but Vale don't half seem to have been served an unfair dollop so far this season.

By lost, I meant that they are no longer available to us. I wasn't intentionally implying that they were a pivotal part of our squad.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

We can lose Wilson, Forrester, ADF and Middleton and send Reeves and Turner out on loan and still not be short for players.

Aspin said it in his first few interviews. I don't get why you are in a panic when we send 2 kids back who've managed about 1 full game between them and Denton who has not been used much under Aspin.

Gunning is a bit of a loss but we've got plenty of time to replace him, we've got loan spots available now, Davis is back fit and playing fairly well, we have cover in midfield in Regis which frees Pugh up to play left back along with Kelly who has done well on loan.

Calm down.

Its the ******* 7th

Whitfield extended for the season not count then? You blamed Smurf last year for Jones going (even though he wasn't our player) so how about some credit for Whitfield staying?

Nah, didn't think so.

My post on 3/1/17 very soon after Ben's contract renewal said -

Excellent news, as long as confirmed.

May I be one of the first to say well done to all involved, especially Norman, first few pieces of the jigsaw in place.

Are you man enough to apologise or shall we just let everyone see what a pathetic false accuser posts. Let's just see.

I also thanked Norman in another post - but it seems you only read and quote from my posts VERY selectively.

My post on 3/1/17 very soon after Ben's contract renewal said -

Excellent news, as long as confirmed.

May I be one of the first to say well done to all involved, especially Norman, first few pieces of the jigsaw in place.

Are you man enough to apologise or shall we just let everyone see what a pathetic false accuser posts. Let's just see.

I also thanked Norman in another post - but it seems you only read and quote from my posts VERY selectively.

Does this make up for the ridiculous amount of times you have slagged off Norman and wished him gone.Selective memory kicked in again.

Like you can't remember wanting Baldrick Brown to. stay until Christmas.

You can add super valiant to your fan club now.Was he one of the many thanks you say you got last week.You must be the most popular poster on here.

Archived