onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green R v Port Vale

Fosse69

The previous post to your refers to fans being hostile asnd calls them a disgrace, even though he has thanked yours which is amusing.

Just give it a rest mate, you have a long history of picking up on peoples posts and being passive aggressive to your chosen “victims”. I’m not interested.

You said there was a hostile atmosphere from both sets of fans when vale were chasing the game (which you weren’t even at). There was no hostile atmosphere during the game, in fact no atmosphere at all. There was abuse from some of the vale fans towards the players after the whistle as they walked off, which does not constitute a hostile atmosphere during the game like you said.

Advert

Hostile is not a word I would use. There was hardly any atmosphere from either set of fans. I'd say it was a wise decision as he knows where the net is albeit at a lower level. The other options were Regis Kelly or Forrester who has dramatically fallen down the pecking order in recent weeks.

It maybe was a gamble but had he scored would of been seen as an Aspo masterstroke.

I hope Angus is a part of our future and it's more beneficial to him in the long run than reserve football.

Again today a 500 plus following for a team in 17th place in the 4th tier. Quality numbers , I'm just putting down as a bad day at the office and expect a response against Yeovil.

Let's be honest FGR are shocking, 5 signings or not, really poor side, the number 6 Monthe made Exodus Geogheghan look like Franz Beckenbauer,

A really good strike settled a dire game ,bitterly disappointed but let's not go overboard.

I only used the word hostile because PV1973 posted this : 'The fans who ran down the terrace to abuse the players as they walked off at the end were a disgrace.'

My apologies for taking notice of this poster, but best you take it up with him, I guess from previous posts I should have known better not to take any notice of this poster.

I only used the word hostile because PV1973 posted this : 'The fans who ran down the terrace to abuse the players as they walked off at the end were a disgrace.'

My apologies for taking notice of this poster, but best you take it up with him, I guess from previous posts I should have known better not to take any notice of this poster.

Try to keep up with what you’ve posted about Dior coming on in a hostile atmosphere :

do you think it was a wise decision to put him on when we were chasing the game in a hostile atmosphere from both sets of fans?

You’re on ignore now thankfully, (the only member I actually have on ignore which says a lot when you consider)

Can take losing but I cannot take losing when the players don’t give 100% and play as bad as we did today. Bottom of the league and they were better than us. Froze me knackers off, 30 minutes to get off the car park, certainly a ground I wont be rushing back to. Only thing gone well today was Coventry winning, then that gets ruined as Hughes gets the sack.

I agree and I won’t be going back there either

Only bonus for me was that I parked at Morrison’s but hell of a walk up steep long hill to the ground of which I put more effort in than our players did for 90mins

Food in ground worse than vale park, yes I did say vale park!! Lol

At 80mins I knew it was all over and steady walk to pub in town had a large coffee so beat the traffic jam one good point of the day which was not enjoyable atall!!

We are mid table team at best so have resigned myself to that fact now

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Of course no one with any sense will blame a young lad making his debut above level 7 or 8 of the football pyramid, but as someone who was there, do you think it was a wise decision to put him on when we were chasing the game in a hostile atmosphere from both sets of fans ? I am not in a position to judge that, and have trust in the manager, but this seemed strange - as if the game had been given up.

I went and didn't think it was a bad thing to put him on. I wouldn't have if I'm honest. Thought that worrall had a bad game and would have changed him myself, but aspin saw an opportunity and you have to trust what he sees.

Having said that, they were all poor today. Couldn't fault the effort, but we were always second to the second ball and less determined in tackles than fgr. Can't remember a decent pass that created anything all game and the only time we looked even remotely threatening was when we got it wide and ran at a Turing full back.

A fair summary would be two crap teams and a game won by the only decent strike on target.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went and didn't think it was a bad thing to put him on. I wouldn't have if I'm honest. Thought that worrall had a bad game and would have changed him myself, but aspin saw an opportunity and you have to trust what he sees.

Having said that, they were all poor today. Couldn't fault the effort, but we were always second to the second ball and less determined in tackles than fgr. Can't remember a decent pass that created anything all game and the only time we looked even remotely threatening was when we got it wide and ran at a Turing full back.

A fair summary would be two crap teams and a game won by the only decent strike on target.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fair enough, I'll support the manager myself, and always have - not just this manager, and as I always say, we don't know the reasons managers make substitions. It might do the lad good long term.

Some people are diverting the main point - that we still do not have a squad that is good enough to challenge near the top of the table, either now or later - and letting Gunning go has not improved matters.

Aspin is still a manager that is learning, at least at football league level despite extensive non-league experience. As such he desperately needs the right level of funding to both obtain and sign,and also to keep the players he wants - and he has said he wanted to keep Gunning.

There is still time to sign players, but I am concerned that there is an attitude right at the funding source that thinks we have done enough to be safe this season, so why pay good money for more wages and other fees for decent players. This was almost certainly the view last January as well, and however much we trust in Rudgey and Aspin, if they are unable to sign anyone decent, and then find that key players get injured or suspended, things could be tricky again.

Then it only needs a couple of bad reffing decisions - like at Yeovil in the Cup and we would face more suspensions and problems. So now is the time to insure against this by bringing in a couple of experienced players and this needs funding - 24 days left to do it, and I will be among the first to say thanks (as I was with Whitfield) if it happens.

Smurf is certainly no mate of mine. Indeed had he not inexplicably given the inept Brown the job after relegation then Aspin wouldn't be left trying to make a repair job.

Despite the recent upturn in form and over the top reaction to either thrashing Luton or losing today the fact is we were left with a disjointed Mish mash.

I agree things have improved however my opinion and my opinion alone is that a fair few of the current starting X1 will be surplus to requirements come May. I won't name names as it's unfair of me seeing as they have played well in the main but have merely papered over the glaring cracks.

Smurf is certainly no mate of mine. Indeed had he not inexplicably given the inept Brown the job after relegation then Aspin wouldn't be left trying to make a repair job.

Despite the recent upturn in form and over the top reaction to either thrashing Luton or losing today the fact is we were left with a disjointed Mish mash.

I agree things have improved however my opinion and my opinion alone is that a fair few of the current starting X1 will be surplus to requirements come May. I won't name names as it's unfair of me seeing as they have played well in the main but have merely papered over the glaring cracks.

I agree with all of that, and especially the bit about not naming players which used to be a huge problem as it is unfair, but thankfully has lessened.

Yes, some will have to go in May - but just who and how many will depend on funding and wage offers as well as what the management team wants I think. Maybe, please God, we will be sold before then and have Synectics or someone in charge who may have different plans.

It's also true that any individual game brings extreme reactions of elation or despair, but some things at the club - the owner, for instance - are longer term and yet it seems to make some boil with anger to mention this.

The return of Rudge and Aspin is brilliant, but Aspin will need time and make mistakes too - I and just about all Vale fans are confident he will get it right but the pair need full support from above, and patience from all of us.

Going to bed now - I'm confident it will be fine eventually, but not without a few more days like today along the journey.

I cant say Im happy with the result... its a bit of a kick in the goolies.

The really disappointing aspect is this...

Aspin said: "There are no excuses, we were very poor, we didn’t create anything. After all the good work that we did against Coventry and Luton, and most of the game against Notts County, we have gone back to square one today.

I wasnt expecting a play off place this season [although it would have been nice]... a steady march up the league to safety will do nicely.

A team below us has spent more money in the first few days of the window... wow thats unusual and unexpected eh?

NA & JR wanted to keep gunning... I bought a rover 2000TC many years ago, I really wanted to keep it... after calculating what it would cost to restore it and comparing that with what I was offered for it.. I decided to get rid because someone obviously wanted it more than I did.

I would guess NA&JR have a 3 stage plan... 1 survival to stay in the league at the end of the season... 2 build a team to compete... 3 promotion.

I suspect that a number of current players fit in with stage 1 [including gunning]... fewer fit in with stage 2... and even less with stage 3.

This is a long sea voyage... not a trip across burslem park lake in the titanic.

Disappointed I may be... despondent Im not

I cant say Im happy with the result... its a bit of a kick in the goolies.

The really disappointing aspect is this...

I wasnt expecting a play off place this season [although it would have been nice]... a steady march up the league to safety will do nicely.

A team below us has spent more money in the first few days of the window... wow thats unusual and unexpected eh?

NA & JR wanted to keep gunning... I bought a rover 2000TC many years ago, I really wanted to keep it... after calculating what it would cost to restore it and comparing that with what I was offered for it.. I decided to get rid because someone obviously wanted it more than I did.

I would guess NA&JR have a 3 stage plan... 1 survival to stay in the league at the end of the season... 2 build a team to compete... 3 promotion.

I suspect that a number of current players fit in with stage 1 [including gunning]... fewer fit in with stage 2... and even less with stage 3.

This is a long sea voyage... not a trip across burslem park lake in the titanic.

Disappointed I may be... despondent Im not

Think you've nailed my thoughts exactly Geo.....Ta!

I agree about needing someone else up front - someone like Reuben Reid would have been good, don't you think ? I'm sure Aspin will have considered him, but might have not had the same funds as a massive club like FGR had available for their manager to sign Reid, - oh, and Gunning, --- oh, and 3 others so far.....

All this guesswork ey?

Just more ammunition to use against the chairman even though we were probably never interested.

FGR will spend more than most clubs this window, actually wait until we sign a few before judging. It's been one week and the knives are already out.

Oh..... Whitfield we managed to secure that deal so give them some credit. I don't see Lincoln fans moaning that a side near bottom has beaten them to the deal of Whitfield!

All this guesswork ey?

Just more ammunition to use against the chairman even though we were probably never interested.

FGR will spend more than most clubs this window, actually wait until we sign a few before judging. It's been one week and the knives are already out.

Oh..... Whitfield we managed to secure that deal so give them some credit. I don't see Lincoln fans moaning that a side near bottom has beaten them to the deal of Whitfield!

The fact it is a week in to the transfer season and we have had more leave than come in and the 1 player to come in is a prospect, nothing to add to our immediate first team is worrying. Why did Whitfield go off at half time? Is he injured or is his playing time dictated to us?

We were 10 or so points above relegation last season at this time, then we lose Alnwick and Grant and look what happened. We have to improve the team as what we have is potentially relegation material.

The fact it is a week in to the transfer season and we have had more leave than come in and the 1 player to come in is a prospect, nothing to add to our immediate first team is worrying. Why did Whitfield go off at half time? Is he injured or is his playing time dictated to us?

We were 10 or so points above relegation last season at this time, then we lose Alnwick and Grant and look what happened. We have to improve the team as what we have is potentially relegation material.

Aspo’s said from day one that players will have to go out before any more can come in, we have a ridiculously massive squad to add to it would be plain stupidity and not sustainable at this level.

Archived