onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green R v Port Vale

Fosse69

A bad result but let's keep some perspective, I said before the game I saw this as a relegation match and so it's proved, we are not yet safe this season even though we've had some good performances recently. These are still the same players who were stranded at the end of September and the side will need a lot of improving before we can look at the top half. I'm disappointed but I'm also happier than I expected to be time now than I thought I'd be on October 1st. Staying in the league is still our main goal this season, anything else is a bonus. I'm sure we'll have better games and results in the near future.

Advert

The window has been open a week! I guess no other side in the league is getting the same support as the FGR chairman as well then.

We’ve signed up Whitfield, that’s very good business, there’s plenty of time in the window left, let’s see what we do.

Yes, there is still time and I am not a doom-and-gloom merchant, in fact the one real positive from today is that it will perhaps convince those who control things that we DO need some new talent, and it needs to be decent, experienced and injury-free proven players.

It's great to sign players like Regis and Angus for the longer term but we need a couple of Gunning-like players for the rest of this season.

I thought we might draw today, and said so, but didn't think a defeat was likely, and any lingering hopes of a playoff push have completely gone now.

Not arguing with you fella but it raises the question why we haven't. They clearly had their targets lined up and the owner provided the money. To be honest, I'm amazed they signed Reuben Reid who has scored one in three for Exeter and is arguably one of the best strikers at this level. It shows what you can do if you are determined enough.

If Aspo and Rudge had their targets lined up, it just needed the support from the owner but our signings to date look like they're being done on the cheap. Perhaps Norman is waiting for the Hugill money but to be outspent at this stage by FGR and then be beaten by them virtue of the signings they've made, and one of them a player Aspo wanted to keep, is just a bit hard to take.

Hope I'm wrong, mate!

You are not wrong - and it is worth noting that Preston may well not sell Hugill at all, they don't need to, and have just pocketed another nice paypacket with a convincing FA Cup win and could draw someone from the Prem top 6 that will bring them another half million or million pounds from gate and TV money.

I hope any signings are not dependant on Hugill cash, or we may just see a couple more promising but unready youngsters added if that.

Well done Coventry.

Today was not a good day to be a Vale fan, but sjoke fans are going to be mighty t'd off. Bring on grumble and grumble.

This could be the kick in the rear the Vale players needed after the amazing Christmas period performances and they need to play to their best every game. They can not just get on the pitch and expect to win. Aspin will sort it out I am sure of that.

Well done Coventry.

Today was not a good day to be a Vale fan, but sjoke fans are going to be mighty t'd off. Bring on grumble and grumble.

This could be the kick in the rear the Vale players needed after the amazing Christmas period performances and they need to play to their best every game. They can not just get on the pitch and expect to win. Aspin will sort it out I am sure of that.

I expect there will be a few ears ringing in the changing room at this moment

This result was what I feared. That's football I suppose. It should give them all a kick up the arse that they need to ensure we get enough points to survive. I'm sure we will survive under Aspo and I'm certain we will get better over the next few years. It will be a gradual improvement and we'll need to be patient but it's loads better than it was before Aspin arrived.

Now enjoying the tears of the Sjoke fans on P&G. It's official- we're currently better than Sjoke as we beat Coventry a couple of weeks ago!

Why are people surprised? They have mad a few good signings this week and on paper looked every bit as strong as us.

The performance from us was well below recent standards and it's how we bounce back at home next week that now matters.

Worldie strike out of the blue was the difference between the two teams, Vale battled well, draw was a fairer result.

Vale have got to bring in a quality striker, a creative midfield player and a center back in. Signing and bringing on a young guy who's only played non-league football (no matter what his potential) is not the answer in Vale's current situation.

Archived