onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Ticket Office. An absolute joke. Again.

smithie

Advert

:laugh: What's the benefit of any club selling tickets for away games then?

1) It saves our fans £2 each

2) It saves queuing on the day

3) It's what (normal) ticket offices do...they sell tickets.

4) It makes it as easy as possible for fans to follow their team away.

I also believe that the club get 2.5% of the ticket price as a commission for selling away tickets.

Guest TommyMac
I repeat what I said in my latest post - What's the benefit for the Vale?

Sometimes the benefit of fans, without whom there would be no 'Vale', should come before the benefit of the club.

Great work, Smithie, on getting to the bottom of this. The ticket office's approach is hard to understand.

Re the queues on match days, I also find it hard to understand why more people don't order their tickets in advance, saving money and the time they have to wait before being served. I have vouchers for the ten game season ticket which I exchange in the club shop and at the two windows there are never more than two or three people either exchanging vouchers or collecting their pre-booked tickets, which of course can also be printed at home.

Home ticket sales is a slightly different matter, selling at half time in the ground could allow people to purchase a ticket for the next home game, if its a good performance it could encourage fans to make the decision to attend as opposed to thinking about it.... which could reduce the queues, save fans money for separate trips etc.

Customer service.

Keeping your loyal supporters happy and making things as easy as possible for them.

Not fobbing supporters of with lies.

Acting like a professional football club should do.

Situations like this do not give the club a good, positive look.It gives out a bad impression.Bad publicity is not what is needed.

Well, well. Who'd have thought it? The Ticket Office are lying.

I called our Ticket Office and clarified that tickets for Notts County go off-sale at 2pm. This was not Vale's decision, according to the poor girl who's told to peddle this bullshxt.

I have just called the Notts County Ticket Office and spoke to the manager there. They 100% have NOT insisted that unsold tickets go back - far from it, they want as many sold upfront as possible to alleviate queues on the day. Surprise surprise, they'd heard nothing from our end so wanted to know how sales were going. Indeed, their Chief Exec has spoken to our Chief Exec to reinforce the message that they want tickets to be SOLD! Their Ticket Office manager expressed his surprise that we would remove tickets from sale the day before a home game - they used their last home game before Christmas to sell tickets for their away fixture at Morecambe on Boxing Day.

So there you have it. We simply CAN'T BE BOTHERED to keep these on sale until after tomorrow's game.

Anyone care to explain why? If our Chief Exec isn't getting a grip on this issue, there must be a damned good reason why.

Try and go direct to Smurf and inform him about what is happening.

Well, well. Who'd have thought it? The Ticket Office are lying.

I called our Ticket Office and clarified that tickets for Notts County go off-sale at 2pm. This was not Vale's decision, according to the poor girl who's told to peddle this bullshxt.

I have just called the Notts County Ticket Office and spoke to the manager there. They 100% have NOT insisted that unsold tickets go back - far from it, they want as many sold upfront as possible to alleviate queues on the day. Surprise surprise, they'd heard nothing from our end so wanted to know how sales were going. Indeed, their Chief Exec has spoken to our Chief Exec to reinforce the message that they want tickets to be SOLD! Their Ticket Office manager expressed his surprise that we would remove tickets from sale the day before a home game - they used their last home game before Christmas to sell tickets for their away fixture at Morecambe on Boxing Day.

So there you have it. We simply CAN'T BE BOTHERED to keep these on sale until after tomorrow's game.

Anyone care to explain why? If our Chief Exec isn't getting a grip on this issue, there must be a damned good reason why.

Obviously there are issues re the Ticket Office, but I wonder if it's a long bow to say our TO is lying vis-à-vis the good folk at Notts County?

I tried to book 6 tickets online well in advance of the Cambridge home game on 9 December. After going through the process the window told me to wait to see if the seats I'd chosen were available but after several minutes waiting, I gave up and logged out. I then called the ticket office and the young lady who answered told me that it can take up to 40 minutes to clear. Who's got that long to hang about waiting for confirmation?

So she offered to check the seats for me and call back, which she did. The sale went through and I picked up the tickets without any queuing at about ten past two on the day. The young lady was very helpful and I got the tickets without a problem but this is no way to run a ticket outlet.

The bit Smithie posted about the response from Notts County was particularly shocking - either our ticket office is telling porkies or they simply came up with any old story to fob him off. Either way, it doesn't look good. The CEO needs to get a grip, starting with a review of the whole process - online, ticket office and turnstiles.

If things keeping going well for us on the pitch, the club is hopefully going to be faced with increasing demand. So, we don't want potential support - home or away - dwindling because the ticket process is too difficult. Someone out there must be doing it well and a bit of performance benchmarking wouldn't do any harm.

C'mon Vale, you can do better than this.

In addition to the other positives I also think that once a ticket has been sold there's more chance of attending, I might not be arsed after getting up on New Years Day bit will go having got a ticket. More support creates a better atmosphere and hopefully gives our lads a lift.

Archived