onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Luton Town

Fosse69

Advert

What a terrible day......been skiing last week and was due home in France to possibly catch 2nd half on iFollow. Got stuck in the snow outside chalet and took 2 hours to dig out....then 4 hours drive down the mountain for the massive 12k. The weather appalling, the driving as bad and 12 hours after getting out of bed this morning having to stay in a hotel in Grenoble!!

THEN....I get the laptop out and see what the Vale have done. MADE MY CRAP DAY absolute top drawer! Couple of lagers and some red wine now and Ei Ei Ei O Up the football league we go, when we win promotion, this is what we'll sing..........

Are you after sympathy, swanning about on the piste? You should have been on the 'piste' in Burslem! Absolutely mint, no point in repeating the comments before, just fabulous. Who would have imagined a performance like that was possible from this squad at the end of September?

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

For me, that performance was up there with Burton (7-1) and both games vs Rotherham when we went up. The worry for me is that it's the last we'll see of Whitfield, Harness and Gunning just when things were starting to gel.

One other player who looks totally transformed....a certain Danny Pugh.

Burton have the option to recall Harness but he has a season-long loan, so dunner wurry :smile:

https://www.burtonmail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-manager-neil-aspin-981811

I thought the officials had a good match , with some common sense decisions , and the ref let them play. I thought the 4th goal was going to be disallowed for an infringement, but it was great to see Pope wheeling away. A point at Notts County would be great , but you never know with thisVale team now. Fans were brilliant. UTV

I thought that the ref and his officials were excellent today too!

well done The Vale, all the aspects of Vale were on show and magnificent. The team, the fans and the management were simply a different class today. Also well done to the pitch, apparently. Well according to the Luton fan twitter anyway

I was thinking I would accept a draw today, 2-2 is what's told my missus. I was right about the 4 goals at least. UTV. In Aspo we trust

Their manager mentioned it a few times on his interview although was gracious in defeat-- suppose the pitch could have been worse something like a first gen artificial one with sand on it ,:shutup:

That’s the only game I’ve seen when not one single yellow card was issued (not that I saw anyway)

That ref is in his first season in the League. He did a decent job in our game at Chesterfield early in the season and only booked two of their's on that day.

Just wow! Absolutely awesome Vale, and what a turn around in just 3 months. Luton have been ploughing this league up and we literally just took them apart. Effort, commitment, skill that was superb!

4-0!:clap::woot: I hate the modern overuse of the word unbelievable but I don't think any of us expected that today!

No counting chickens but we've got someone special in Aspin.

NeilAspinsBlacknWhiteArmy UTV

watch?v=CGid6r0M_lw

Hate him I do.

Bet he was gutted his lot were done 5-0 at Chelsea while he had to sit in Vale Park and watch his rivals demolish the league leaders 4-0.

yCUGyp8.png

Thirteen shots.

That's not a one off. That's not Luton having a bad day. We're sound.

Promotion next year.

Why not promotion this year, the play offs are easily achievable and if we can keep the form going who knows

Archived