onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin gets a new deal

Walka003

What's happening? A new improved chairman as a Christmas present? Good calls over contracts for the Gaffer and Adam Yates--I could get used to this! Let's hope the new improved-formula works throughout 2018. Merry Xmas to the Smurf and everyone connected to the club either on the payroll or on the terraces. Here's to a good 2018!

Looks like Aspo and Rudgie are having a positive effect all round. Great news just before Christmas, let's hope it carries forward into Satdee's game and over the next few really tough fixtures. UTV!

Advert

Good work all round! Aspo himself must feel he's seeing the fruits of his labours and signs of improvement, otherwise I doubt he'd bother committing to a new deal.

I just hope Sir John commits for a similar period - you can almost feel the canniness of the man in Aspo's decision-making when it comes to substitutions and change of formations. Not that Aspo can't do that for himself of course, but having two experienced heads is a massive boost to our chances of success.

Rudgie is a hero, but I’m sure I remember being frustrated with his substitutions at times. Aspin’s willingness to change things up so early if it’s not going right has been like a breath of fresh air compared to any manager we’ve had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

...Good calls over contracts for the Gaffer and Adam Yates...

Great news on the Aspo contract - before anyone else made overtures to him!

I don't think Yates could have expected any more than this - I hope those petty-minded detractors who've been spewing bile at the management...over a fake news story...will do the decent thing and apologise? I hope so - but I think their lack of class and manners will not allow them to!

Great news on the Aspo contract - before anyone else made overtures to him!

I don't think Yates could have expected any more than this - I hope those petty-minded detractors who've been spewing bile at the management...over a fake news story...will do the decent thing and apologise? I hope so - but I think their lack of class and manners will not allow them to!

A pity that after a sensible and decent resolution to Adam Yates contract issue, and the closure of the thread, someone sees fit to try and provoke further argument.

Perhaps as you (Hopefully) enjoy your Christmas, you might take a minute or two to reflect that Adam Yates is probably still in considerable distress recovering from the injuries sustained in carrying out his Port Vale duties. I doubt he will be fully recovered for some time, and he is not some kind of spiv scrounger trying to rip off our club.

If you do that, you will be in a far better position to try and tell others about class and manners when many of us who helped guide the matter to a reasonable conclusion have already thanked the owner (twice in my case) and any others at the club involved in the decision.

If you think anyone needs to apologise for suggesting the right course of action you are severely mistaken and deluded, despite that I wish you a good Christmas, and hope the club get good results against Coventry and Luton, and you can spend a moment or two remembering how bad Adam Yates injuries have been and how he needs support and the morale boosting good wishes of all Vale fans.

Back to the topic, Aspin's new deal - today's battling performance shows that this was an excellent move, and it can surely only be a case of onward and upward n 2018 for Vale.

From what I hear the players think highly of aspin , he’s hard but liked and respected. Though I suppose that’s clear from the evidence on the pitch. As someone who aspin was a hero to and wanted aspin to return, it’s so good to see him succeeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Archived